Florida’s overall talent: Bad as we think?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those 21 points should have been 35 if not for Kentucky shooting themselves in the foot with over 100 yards in penalties and 3 dropped Franks interceptions. Our defense sucks.

Kentucky could have easily hung a 50 on us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now you’re saying ole miss isn’t some shyt team all because it doesn’t fit your narrative. You retain zero knowledge of history how the hell did you ever become a lawyer. I can definitely see how you were disbarred though
:lmao2:

Yeah, ok man. Good luck w this theory.

What ever you do, dont pull the trigger. Call me if you get into a dark place as the next 2.5 years unfold.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:lmao2:

Yeah, ok man. Good luck w this theory.

What ever you do, dont pull the trigger. Call me if you get into a dark place as the next 2.5 years unfold.
There’s nothing theoretical about you saying Meyer never loses to less talented teams. It’s a fact. And I pointed two prominent instances out and now all of a sudden those don’t count because it goes against your idiotic narrative to fire every florida coach after 2 games.

Every coach gets a chance to build their roster. Andif you can’t find the patience to make it last the first season, then turn your tv off and wait it out

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it goes against your idiotic narrative to fire every florida coach after 2 games.
Link?

Ive said repeatedly I expect him to be fired after Ugly in year 3.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The problem is you can have a lack of talent and poor coaching... they aren't mutually exclusive.
No one, and I mean NO ONE has ever done less with more than Mark Richt. Guy always recruits well and shyts the bed in big games which has been the death knell for his teams.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one, and I mean NO ONE has ever done less with more than Mark Richt. Guy always recruits well and shyts the bed in big games which has been the death knell for his teams.

Wished I could like this more than once.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
To think he’s worse than Mac or Zook or Champ is laughable.

I'll give you Butters and Zook, but so far he's not done anything more spectacular than Muschamp except double his UF salary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give you Butters and Zook, but so far he's not done anything more spectacular than Muschamp except double his UF salary.
Youre nuts. Zook went 7-5 at worst and landed top3 classes. He also had two top SEC offenses.

As far as Sucky Gator coaches go, his is easily THE BEST.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
plus 9 years at his previous stop....Just like Muschamp currently is in year 7 of his head coaching career.
Yeah, those dont count bc Cowbell is like the Kintucky of the west I was told.

Except I guess we are now the Kintucky of the east.

Or something like that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Problem is he didn’t play his entire senior year of high school and I don’t think he played last year, right? Wasn’t he redshirted?
I cant even remember any more. Butter signed all these kids who were suspended, kicked off their team, transferred midseason, injured, in jail, whatever. Seems like all the South Florida kids were something goofy like that.

They were all diamonds in the rough.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Two........ games

I don't get it. Two...games? What does that mean? He's been an SEC coach for 9+ years, Muschamp 6+. Muschamp went 11-2 and played in a BCS bowl game Mullen was ranked #1 for a week - that's about both of their biggest accomplishments as head coaches.. Muschamp's had 1 losing season (Mullen has had 2). If you're crowning Mullen a better coach than Muschamp at this point in their careers I'd like you to give me the winning lottery tickets because you obviously can see into the future. Sure, we all hope Mullen is a better coach...we may even "feel" that he is a better coach, but when you lay out their career records it's pretty even.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is a better coach than Mac, we'll see how Muschamp does at South Carolina which is about on par with MSU.

Absolutely not. Those two programs are not on par. Starkville is the worst place to live and recruit in the SEC. Mississippi has a very small base of good high school football players and they have to compete against Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, Florida State, and Florida.

South Carolina has a better base of football players and they have to compete against Georgia and maybe North Carolina. Plus, it is a much better place to live.

Starkville is a shythole.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely not. Those two programs are not on par. Starkville is the worst place to live and recruit in the SEC. Mississippi has a very small base of good high school football players and they have to compete against Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, Florida State, and Florida.

South Carolina has a better base of football players and they have to compete against Georgia and maybe North Carolina. Plus, it is a much better place to live.

Starkville is a shythole.

Starkville is a shythole, but doesn't South Carolina have to compete against all those schools and Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc..? They might be the best or second best school in their state.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youre nuts. Zook went 7-5 at worst and landed top3 classes. He also had two top SEC offenses.

As far as Sucky Gator coaches go, his is easily THE BEST.

Zook’s two biggest problems was following Spurrier and the bubble screen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Starkville is a shythole, but doesn't South Carolina have to compete against all those schools and Clemson, Georgia Tech, etc..? They might be the best or second best school in their state.

Ah yes. Clemson. Forgot about them. Clemson even pulls the best players out of the state of Georgia. They did it with Trevor Lawrence and DeShaun Watson.

Not Georgia Tech though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.