Florida's starting lineup

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41223 said:
Show me where I am wrong. I have watched enough of him and Taylor to see what each has done Tard.

Have you watched them play in this offense? Behind this offensive line?

Again you are basing all of this on a lineup that was for a non play. We had a short field so that changes what would be called. The weather was horrible so that changes what would be called. Are you saying that no matter what the circumstance is, McGee and Taylor should always be starting?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41232 said:
Have you watched them play in this offense? Behind this offensive line?

Again you are basing all of this on a lineup that was for a non play. We had a short field so that changes what would be called. The weather was horrible so that changes what would be called. Are you saying that no matter what the circumstance is, McGee and Taylor should always be starting?

I am talking about Muschamp's decision making when he says Jones and Taylor will be a weekly call based on practice because they are so close - that is just crazy. Yes they should be the starters because they are clearly better and it shouldn't even be a debate imo.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41118 said:
Mack Brown is probably better in a tight fit than Jones is.

404279713ea945f4b091a571504c46d6.image!jpeg.43458.jpg.giggity-giggity-giggity-78490.jpg

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41235 said:
I am talking about Muschamp's decision making when he says Jones and Taylor will be a weekly call based on practice because they are so close - that is just crazy. Yes they should be the starters because they are clearly better and it shouldn't even be a debate imo.

So you know for a fact that Burton and Jones are going to start the most based off one non-play?

Also, you know that Taylor and McGee are better in this offense because you went to all the practices and were with them during film study?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n41235 said:

I'm so lost now. . . I thought this whole "debate" started because you said Taylor should start instead of Jones. Now they both should start? I'd like you take a big, deep breath and imagine a world where one player (Jones) gets a start and another player (Taylor) gets playing time too. Stop trying to turn this non-play into something that says Muschamp continues to be an offensive numbskull. Time will tell.

Is it Saturday yet (again)?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
Gator Fever;n41235 said:

I'm so lost now. . . I thought this whole "debate" started because you said Taylor should start instead of Jones. Now they both should start? I'd like you take a big, deep breath and imagine a world where one player (Jones) gets a start and another player (Taylor) gets playing time too. Stop trying to turn this non-play into something that says Muschamp continues to be an offensive numbskull. Time will tell.

He's talking about Taylor and McGee.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
HogtownGator said:
Gator Fever;n41235 said:

Right, Jones and Burton playing instead of Taylor and McGee. The sky is falling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
Where is all this hate for Matt Jones coming from?

Did you guys miss Matt Jones' game against FSU in 2012? 8 carries for 81 yards and a TD. Going into that game, FSU's D was very highly ranked (top 3 in the nation I think). He runs a little too straight up and down for me, but that didn't hurt Alabama's Eddie Lacey or Derrick Henry (that's why I didn't draft Lacey in my fantasy league last year, figured him for a bust because of that style, he's proved me wrong so far).

Look, I like Kelvin Taylor a lot and I get that he was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal 2013 but it's not like we started a relative stiff like Mack Brown. Matt Jones looked like a deer in the headlights early in 2012 but by the end of the season he showed that he can play.

Don't let your love for Kelvin Taylor or your hate for Will Muschamp metastasize into irrational disdain for a young student athlete busting his ass to help our team succeed. The kid deserves your respect. He has earned it. Some of you are talking about him like he's a Cane or a Dawg. He's a Gator dammit.

I remember a Gator backfield including Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton, and John L. WIlliams. I'm sure if there was a GCMB back then somebody would be screaming that John L. Williams' first step was too slow and Hampton should have gotten all the carries and the coaches are idiots.

Can we please support Kelvin Taylor AND Matt Jones? Can we wait to see how they perform on the field behind THIS offensive line and in THIS offensive system before destroying them on their own team's message board? Look, if Jones plays like a stiff, then by all means you can vent your frustrations (like we did with Emmanuel Moody, like we did with John Brantley, like we did with Mack Brown). But for the love of all that is Orange & Blue, at least wait until he's had a chance to prove himself on the field.

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...ors-running-backs-want-make-history/14830133/

GAINESVILLE – They are brothers on a mission.
One has the battle scars of two surgeries, feeling the pain of shattered expectations.
The other walks along the sidewalk in front of the Florida Gators football stadium and sees his father's name on the concrete among the other former first-team All-Americans that have played on the grass inside and has his own pressures to excel.
Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor have averaged just a little under five yards every time they've run with the football in their brief college careers. They are, along with senior Mack Brown, the heart and soul of the Florida running game. Jones and Taylor have been the focus of new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper's offense, which will be on display for the first time with the Gators at 7 p.m. against Idaho.
There's so much hope, so much expectation and dreams of greatness for his two star backs. In a normal situation, it could cause a lot of tension. Everybody wants to start.
Jones and Taylor want the ball. A lot. They are battling for it. But rather than consider themselves rivals they call each other a brother fighting for a common cause. And the two have set a goal for 2014. They want to get 1,000 yards rushing. Each.

Alex.
Matt Jones is a very mediocre running back with a great set of hands. It's as simple as that, really.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n41242 said:

What ? I am talking about what Muschamp said at the press conference when asked about it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41238 said:
So you know for a fact that Burton and Jones are going to start the most based off one non-play?

Also, you know that Taylor and McGee are better in this offense because you went to all the practices and were with them during film study?

Yes I 100% know Taylor is a better RB than Jones from watching them previously and McGee is actually a real threat to catch a few passes like a TE usually does unlike Burton so far.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41262 said:
Yes I 100% know Taylor is a better RB than Jones from watching them previously and McGee is actually a real threat to catch a few passes like a TE usually does unlike Burton so far.

So watching them previously means you watched them over the summer and saw that Jones never improved? Or that Burton hasn't learn to catch yet?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41268 said:
So watching them previously means you watched them over the summer and saw that Jones never improved? Or that Burton hasn't learn to catch yet?

I will comment more tomorrow but I have seen enough of Jones to know what he brings as a RB and his limitations as a runner.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n41256 said:
What ? I am talking about what Muschamp said at the press conference when asked about it.

My bad. I thought this got off the rails after the OP listed the starting line up. So, you're not reading too much into who started/didn't start on the nonplay? I think I'm up to speed now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n41276 said:
My bad. I thought this got off the rails after the OP listed the starting line up. So, you're not reading too much into who started/didn't start on the nonplay? I think I'm up to speed now.

No problem but I admit it did scare me even when Muschamp had them as co-starters on the depth chart before the press conference.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41275 said:
I will comment more tomorrow but I have seen enough of Jones to know what he brings as a RB and his limitations as a runner.
I quiver in anticipation.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41279 said:
I quiver in anticipation.

I bet you people will go crazy if Jones gets near the carries Taylor does starting with the Bama game. Maybe Muschamp can do like what he did in the Missouri game and go away from Taylor even when he gets on a roll because his blocking or something isn't quite up to his standards.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41289 said:
I bet you people will go crazy if Jones gets near the carries Taylor does starting with the Bama game. Maybe Muschamp can do like what he did in the Missouri game and go away from Taylor even when he gets on a roll because his blocking or something isn't quite up to his standards.

Is it tomorrow already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.