Foley: Muschamp will be coach at UF "long, long, time"

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1408709894']
T REX;n32833 said:
What's the point of this? He knows there's rumblings. He knows the score. Why make these outlandish support statements? Foley is backing himself into a corner. He might have to retire if this turns ugly. Weird.

Because Foley has more vested in this one hire than all the other ones combined. Because he's convinced last year was an injury-riddled aberration. Because he's already decided, with a halfway decent season, Muschamp will be deserving of two to three additional ones to prove him right all along. Whoever said this was two guys standing on the deck of the Titanic was right. The only thing more dangerous than a bad football coach is an AD on his way to a scheduled retirement.[/quote]not the titanic,, its the hindenberg! and were being forced to watch it!

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of non-original thoughts:

First, what do you expect the AD to say? Recruiting has effectively become a 24X7X365 exercise. Exposure of Power 5 football programs - especially top tier SEC programs (and yes, Doom-N-Gloomers, we are a top tier national program) has also become constant. Do you expect the AD to publicly state that the HC is "on a tight rope" or "has to win X games to keep his job" or "has to beat (plug in opponent/opponents) to keep his job"? Sheesh. Get friggin real.

I agree with the poster above that made the point that there is nothing CWM (and apparently Foley) can do to make some happy.

While I share doubts about CWM based primarily on on-field results and to a lesser extent, temperament, do keep in mind he was the HC in waiting at UT before he got our job, and was the “it” coordinator. In my book, based on EVERYTHING that encompasses a college football program, the top 3 in the country are UT, USCw and us. So CWM was (sort of) HC at 2 of the top 3. Clearly he has SOMETHING that Foley and UT see/saw that none of us do. And, based on his overall record as UF’s AD, doesn’t Foley deserve a pretty big “benefit of the doubt”? That said, we need to see dramatic, on-field improvement and now.

My God, can Idaho get here already? What an excruciatingly long off-season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!
See what I'm saying Ox....They'll never be pleased with Muschamp.
By the way, I'm not talking trash about you dubster...you look like a big dude. :fear:

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
At least give Foley a little credit on the Zook hire. Wasn't he like his 4th or 5th choice? Coupled to the fact he was following Spurrier (which no other coach wanted to even get near apparently), I say Zook was not the colossal failure a lot want to make him out as.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32902 said:

First, what do you expect the AD to say? Recruiting has effectively become a 24X7X365 exercise. Exposure of Power 5 football programs - especially top tier SEC programs (and yes, Doom-N-Gloomers, we are a top tier national program) has also become constant. Do you expect the AD to publicly state that the HC is "on a tight rope" or "has to win X games to keep his job" or "has to beat (plug in opponent/opponents) to keep his job"? Sheesh. Get friggin real.

I agree with the poster above that made the point that there is nothing CWM (and apparently Foley) can do to make some happy.

While I share doubts about CWM based primarily on on-field results and to a lesser extent, temperament, do keep in mind he was the HC in waiting at UT before he got our job, and was the “it” coordinator. In my book, based on EVERYTHING that encompasses a college football program, the top 3 in the country are UT, USCw and us. So CWM was (sort of) HC at 2 of the top 3. Clearly he has SOMETHING that Foley and UT see/saw that none of us do. And, based on his overall record as UF’s AD, doesn’t Foley deserve a pretty big “benefit of the doubt”? That said, we need to see dramatic, on-field improvement and now.

I expect him to say the standard - we are 100% behind Will and we are convinced he is the right coach etc. I don't expect him to lay the groundwork for his retention even at 8-4 pre-bowl with talk of showing improvement that the program is on the right track and headed in the right direction etc. That is just rewarding him for going 4-8 last season instead of 6-6. If we do go 8-4 its going to take people rioting I guess to get Foley to do the right thing.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
gatorbait,, do you seriously think the chump could go undefeated ever?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxking;n32837 said:
The scariest part of the interview was when he was asked about the fan outcry over the loss to Georgia Southern. Fooley said you can't judge anybody on just one game. ONE GAME??? Who the hell has been judging the Chump on one game. This clown is the most overrated AD in history and his talk, even if he's blowing smoke, was still scary.:angry:

frkout.gif
Disagree. Law was a huge Muschamp supporter until the wheels fell off.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32902 said:
Of course there is. Win something of significance. Or how about beating UGA?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
Considering UF hasn't done it in the modern football era...probably not....but I never say never. I am, however, convinced that Law's mind wouldn't be changed with an undefeated season.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n32916 said:
All he has to do is win and win big.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxking;n32837 said:
The scariest part of the interview was when he was asked about the fan outcry over the loss to Georgia Southern. Fooley said you can't judge anybody on just one game. ONE GAME??? Who the hell has been judging the Chump on one game. This clown is the most overrated AD in history and his talk, even if he's blowing smoke, was still scary.:angry:

frkout.gif
An SEC title or East championship will change minds. Hell, even a somewhat functional offense (which he's NEVER had) will give us cause for pause.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis said:
At least give Foley a little credit on the Zook hire. Wasn't he like his 4th or 5th choice? Coupled to the fact he was following Spurrier (which no other coach wanted to even get near apparently), I say Zook was not the colossal failure a lot want to make him out as.
The funny thing is that it was his defense that was suspect. That damn prevent defense cost us multiple games. But his coaching was only half the issue. He had multiple other issues as well like the fraternity incident.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
Gatorbreath;n32902 said:

I expect him to say the standard - we are 100% behind Will and we are convinced he is the right coach etc. I don't expect him to lay the groundwork for his retention even at 8-4 pre-bowl with talk of showing improvement that the program is on the right track and headed in the right direction etc. That is just rewarding him for going 4-8 last season instead of 6-6. If we do go 8-4 its going to take people rioting I guess to get Foley to do the right thing.
not even a riot will help. fooley is hell bent on shoving the chump down our throats regardless. im starting to think fooley believes, the chump is the best we can do!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n32902 said:
good point

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
gatorbait i wished i had your attitude. but sadly ive seen enough. the chump is not gonna get it done!

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n32902 said:
resign!!!, and i will be giddy as hell!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
Specifically, why not? And try to use fact, not hearsay.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Never realized WM was a polygamist and had so many wives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator