Foley: Muschamp will be coach at UF "long, long, time"

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LagoonGator68;n32732 said:
Foley also spent a week on vacay with the Spurriers this summer.

Sorry brother that ship sailed away because.....well just read the rest of this thread and the majority of the feelings that posters are displaying on here.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!
just a few,, he can't control himself,, he has a vendetta against the forward pass, he can't beat fcs schools or any school with the name ga. associated with it. and his number 1 excuse is "were gonna get it fix", to just name a few

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!
Sounds like a lot of hearsay to me dubster. What specifically makes you think that Muschamp was the problem, as opposed to Pease being the problem, offensively?
The team had given up by the time Ga Southern rolled around. Now, giving up I will grant you, as I believe that does rest on the shoulders of the head coach. It's his job to motivate these guys, no matter the circumstances.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator812;n32736 said:
Yes he did, but it was premature.

Not so much pal, seems I am one of the few that is in it for the LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG haul. Others like yourself seem to want instant gratification.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxking;n32837 said:
The scariest part of the interview was when he was asked about the fan outcry over the loss to Georgia Southern. Fooley said you can't judge anybody on just one game. ONE GAME??? Who the hell has been judging the Chump on one game. This clown is the most overrated AD in history and his talk, even if he's blowing smoke, was still scary.:angry:

frkout.gif
How about going better than 1-5 against your 2 biggest rivals. How about beating Georgia at least one time. How about winning the SEC east etc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
oxking;n32837 said:
The scariest part of the interview was when he was asked about the fan outcry over the loss to Georgia Southern. Fooley said you can't judge anybody on just one game. ONE GAME??? Who the hell has been judging the Chump on one game. This clown is the most overrated AD in history and his talk, even if he's blowing smoke, was still scary.:angry:

So what was Foley when everyone was going around claiming UF as "Titletown" between 2006-2008? Dude was a genius then...the greatest AD ever, now he's the most "overrated" AD, he's "Fooley", he's a "moron". What a fickle bunch of people we've become. Hell, I'm starting to agree with people who say UF fans are spoiled.
How about being better than 1-5 against your 2 biggest rivals. How about beating Georgia at least one time. How about winning the SEC east etc.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
agreed it starts and stops with him! regardless of any circumstances just short of the rapture we should never lose to a fcs school at home. hell me and you and the rest of the gators on this board could go out and beat ga. southern. gatorbait they didnt complete or attempt one pass. that my gator brother is not hearsay thats fact. hope and pray for the best, but prepare for the worst

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
Because he lost to our 2 biggest rivals without Pease and had a losing SEC record without Pease also.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxking;n32837 said:

Is this even a serious post....I won't look it up but I doubt there is an active AD that has more National and conference titles.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
oxking;n32837 said:

Is this even a serious post....I won't look it up but I doubt there is an active AD that has more National and conference titles.
Well his 2 football hires (that he actually controlled) haven't been good so far and I think that is why he may be going all in with Muschamp.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
Really glad I didn't watch that game. I was at Disney that day.
The defense was the "strength" of this team, relatively speaking. So how do you justify that as anything but having given up. We shouldn't be giving up 400+ yards to anyone, much less 400+ yards of rushing to any time, much less an FCS team.

But again, what makes you think it was Muschamp, and not Pease, that was the problem offensively last season (regardless of injuries)

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n32916 said:
Of course there is. Win something of significance. Or how about beating UGA?

Agreed. That'd make me happy, and many in the Gator Nation, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are some out there for whom 45-0, 3 Nattys and a cure for the common cold won't be enough to engender respect and affection for CWM (and apparently Foley).

Let's see how it plays out. Honestly, this is an argument I'd like to lose....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
oxking;n32837 said:

So what was Foley when everyone was going around claiming UF as "Titletown" between 2006-2008? Dude was a genius then...the greatest AD ever, now he's the most "overrated" AD, he's "Fooley", he's a "moron". What a fickle bunch of people we've become. Hell, I'm starting to agree with people who say UF fans are spoiled.
Hate to break it to you Fever, but Foley doesn't actually play the games...hell, he doesn't even coach the team.

Look, I get it, you guys are frustrated, but man you guys act like this stuff won't play out over time. It's always the end of the world with you guys.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n32947 said:
Nice try but you'll need a much bigger "bandwagon" to carry the rest of the Doom and Gloomers around in.
We're all in it for the long haul. We just won't accept 4-8 seasons anymore. We thought that **** was over in the 70's. Glad you're content with the current state of affairs, but we won't quiet down until he produces or is canned. How hard is that to understand?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32954 said:
Agreed. That'd make me happy, and many in the Gator Nation, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are some out there for whom 45-0, 3 Nattys and a cure for the common cold won't be enough to engender respect and affection for CWM (and apparently Foley).

Let's see how it plays out. Honestly, this is an argument I'd like to lose....

That is a crazy statement just designed to try and downplay fans who aren't satisfied with a coach who is 1-5 against our 2 biggest rivals, 0-3 against Georgia, has failed to win the SEC East and a coach who has 2 losing SEC seasons already.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
you see this is the deal,, hbc chump was meddling,, pease was a joke no doubt! but i can tell you that the chumps hate for the forward pass entered the equation, also fooley put a gag order on pease so he couldnt dispute anything on his way out the door or he couldnt collect the rest of the money owed, now gatorbait im not sure but it would seem that you are a fan of muschump! and i dont want to piss you off,, muschump might be headcoach material at florida atlantic,, but absolutely not at uf as last season point too

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n32959 said:
That is a crazy statement just designed to try and downplay fans who aren't satisfied with a coach who is 1-5 against our 2 biggest rivals, 0-3 against Georgia, has failed to win the SEC East and a coach who has 2 losing SEC seasons already.

No, it is an observation that all teams with passionate fanbases have, um, shall we say, unrealistic fans who poison trees, throw bricks through windows, etc. or post on web forums unceasingly about how stooopid the HC is. We're no different.

I share your disgust with the points you perfectly made above. 110%. The record you cite (and a lot more) is completely unacceptable for us.

That said, I can be won over by the current HC. Most of the Gator Nation can - by winning and even better, winning in an enjoyable way (i.e. with an offense that's fun to watch and effective at moving the ball and scoring points). There are some he will never win over - in my opinion.

Again, I'll happily reengage at the end of the season and take my lumps - if I'm wrong.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32963 said:
No, it is an observation that all teams with passionate fanbases have, um, shall we say, unrealistic fans who poison trees, throw bricks through windows, etc. or post on web forums unceasingly about how stooopid the HC is. We're no different.

I share your disgust with the points you perfectly made above. 110%. The record you cite (and a lot more) is completely unacceptable for us.

That said, I can be won over by the current HC. Most of the Gator Nation can - by winning and even better, winning in an enjoyable way (i.e. with an offense that's fun to watch and effective at moving the ball and scoring points). There are some he will never win over - in my opinion.

Again, I'll happily reengage at the end of the season and take my lumps - if I'm wrong.

I can be won over also. I could even live with a 3 loss non SEC East winning season (for just one more year) as long as the offense is greatly improved but what I can't live with would be us going 8-4 pre-bowl and our record now being 1-7 against our 2 biggest rivals which would likely be the case if we have 4 losses.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
Meddling, Muschamp hates the forward pass, gag orders.

Take a look from my point of view...can you see how the things you are saying sound awfully conspiracy theory-ish?

Show me factual evidence where these things are the case.

I'm a fan of the University of Florida and the sports they play. After the GS loss, I joined in calling for the termination of Muschamp. However, Foley didn't do that. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Foley for now. I won't support Muschamp after another 4+ loss season. I'm not blind to what you guys are saying. However, it's not the end of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.