Foley: Muschamp will be coach at UF "long, long, time"

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lame duck Bernie Machen made the decision to retain Muschamp for purely financial reasons and told Foley to make it work. Plainly obvious in the Finebaum interview.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!
we both agree its not the end of the world. i too enjoy gator sports. well just agree to disagree who should lead our gators! time will tell.. go gators!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
please put the paint chips down. fooley has hitched his wagon to a loser coach and does not want to be wrong about another football head coach hire! stick a fork in the chump already,,, he's done!
Go Gators...and thank you for the friendly conversation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32954 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are some out there for whom 45-0, 3 Nattys and a cure for the common cold won't be enough to engender respect and affection for CWM (and apparently Foley).
This is just complete and total hogwash.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bottom line is that Muschamp was high on the totem pole when Foley hired him. Consensus around the FBS world was that he was a great hire. Although there were issues in 2012, it appeared that he had cleaned up much of the mess Urban left behind and had the program headed North despite lack of depth. In addition, he appears to have great character and the player off field problems have subsided. Then the wheels fell off in 2013 for many reasons, among which were injuries. I can understand why Foley wants to give CWM another year. We'll know by the end of October if Muschamp was a good hire. I have complete faith that Foley will move on this team isn't very good.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Muschamp, who agreed to a five-year contract worth $13.5 million to replace Urban Meyer, was formally introduced as Florida's new coach Tuesday. He took center stage for a 40-minute newsconference filled with confidence, enthusiasm and witty one-liners.
"University of Florida is about winning championships," he said. "I understand the expectations and that's what we're here to do. ... We're not on a five-year plan here."

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
dubster1 said:
no problem gatorbait. im a passionate gator fan. and i'm not on here to bash anyone on their opinion. i just want to win and win big. there is no reason for us to accept whats going on with our program!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n32981 said:
"Muschamp, who agreed to a five-year contract worth $13.5 million to replace Urban Meyer, was formally introduced as Florida's new coach Tuesday. He took center stage for a 40-minute newsconference filled with confidence, enthusiasm and witty one-liners.
"University of Florida is about winning championships," he said. "I understand the expectations and that's what we're here to do. ... We're not on a five-year plan here."

Well, this is technically year 4...sooo that's not a 5 year plan :dance:

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
why does that seem like it was ten years ago! and yes we are on the 5yr plan! he misspoke

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
I get it. I suppose I, and perhaps some others, are just more willing to allow the scenarios to play out, than others are. You have a reasonable approach dubster...and that I can respect. Some others around here do not.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n32975 said:
This is just complete and total hogwash.

Hogwash?? Hogwash you. :)

You underestimate the human capacity for negativity - especially a sports team fanbase; more especially a college football fanbase and most especially an SEC college football fanbase. Do recall there was some (probably very small) component of SOS's departure attributable to unreasonable fans.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and will be man enough to admit it if I am.

Great word - "hogwash" - by the way. Kind of like "gargantuan". Gonna work it in for the remainder of the day......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So there's Muschamp himself acknowledging he understands and accepts the expectations. So why are so many fans on here jumping on the rest of us for having those expectations?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
The Original DC;n32808 said:
I support Foley. I'll let him and you all know when I stop supporting Muschamp, and it'll probably be about the same time Foley does.

Would you support keeping Muschamp at 8-4 pre-bowl with another Georgia loss ?
Would you support keeping Muschamp at 8-4 with a Georgia win? I hate Georgia, but I'm not basing the coaches future on his ability to win that game alone.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxking said:
The scariest part of the interview was when he was asked about the fan outcry over the loss to Georgia Southern. Fooley said you can't judge anybody on just one game. ONE GAME??? Who the hell has been judging the Chump on one game. This clown is the most overrated AD in history and his talk, even if he's blowing smoke, was still scary.:angry:
He is the best AD in College Sports.. You are out of your mind!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
So there's Muschamp himself acknowledging he understands and accepts the expectations. So why are so many fans on here jumping on the rest of us for having those expectations?
He said "It's not a 5 year plan". We are entering season 4. He's still within the time frame he set.

Bunch of negative nancy's all :panic: around. :jerkit:

P.S. I'm just messin' with you Ox...Please don't ban me :scared:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
His own words should help make the decision if we are 8-4 this season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n32987 said:
Hogwash?? Hogwash you. :)

You underestimate the human capacity for negativity - especially a sports team fanbase; more especially a college football fanbase and most especially an SEC college football fanbase. Do recall there was some (probably very small) component of SOS's departure attributable to unreasonable fans.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and will be man enough to admit it if I am.

Great word - "hogwash" - by the way. Kind of like "gargantuan". Gonna work it in for the remainder of the day......
It's true there's always going to be a small group that is never happy - we had a few of those even during our dominant 2008 season. However, what you and several others are doing is attempting to find logic in the illogical - meaning fans. Fans are not logical. They are not realistic. They are not patient. They are irrational and emotional. That's the way they've always been, and that's the way they'll always be. Muschamp himself acknowledged it in his quotes above upon being hired. Once you accept that, you should be able to chuckle at the comments you don't like instead of getting annoyed at them.

Winning a championship would win back 90+% of the current haters. Fans can change their minds on a dime, and often do. I've said several times I wasn't even sold on Meyer until we crushed OSU for the NC. Coaches have to EARN love, patience, and loyalty. Muschamp hasn't earned it yet, because he's won NOTHING in three years.

Let him win something, and attitudes will change. Many of us will just pretend we knew he was going to get it done all along. Because that's what fans do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
OK and he got year 4 so if he doesn't do better than 8-4 pre-bowl this season he should 100% be gone. Agreed ?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Actually, I do agree to that. Whether or not Foley agrees to that, I have no idea. I expect a 2-3 loss season, realistically. I'd prefer that 3rd loss not be to UGA, however a 2-3 loss season, and Muschamp probably keeps his job. Now if he takes a step back in year 5, then he's certainly toast.
Don't mistake my position as being a pumper for Muschamp. I'm just not as willing to throw him under the bus as much as some other posters are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator