Foley should stay on as AD...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am not writing this as a personal attack on you, it just doesn't make sense to me that those two guys would do an hour radio show together without a script and be so friendly to each other if there was bad blood in their relationship and that Foley would work so hard to get Florida Field renamed for Steve and to bring him back to UF as a consultant with Mac's full approval....
Foley had no intention of naming the field after Spurrier - hell, he would have preferred Foley Field. Those orders came down from upstairs and from the people that pay the bills. Same with bringing him back as a consultant. If Foley wasn't leaving, SOS wouldn't be here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one is more invested in protecting Fooley's sack than 68.

BTW have you seen Boobie Bowden and Steve together on shows reminiscing and laughing about the good ole days? I have.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley had no intention of naming the field after Spurrier - hell, he would have preferred Foley Field. Those orders came down from upstairs and from the people that pay the bills. Same with bringing him back as a consultant. If Foley wasn't leaving, SOS wouldn't be here.

No one is more invested in protecting Fooley's sack than 68.

BTW have you seen Boobie Bowden and Steve together on shows reminiscing and laughing about the good ole days? I have.

Lies!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Who are these phantom upstairs people that pay the bills?

Name names, leave no one out....
The A.D. reports to President Fuchs only...period, paragraph!...Fuchs has been here 12 months....Foley 40 years...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

The A.D. reports to President Fuchs only...period, paragraph!...Fuchs has been here 12 months....Foley 40 years...
Well, you answered your own question. Fuchs ordered it. And if you think the big boosters have no say, I pity you. Foley fought him tooth and nail.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I thought Ox was in charge, so I assumed he ordered it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you answered your own question. Fuchs ordered it. And if you think the big boosters have no say, I pity you. Foley fought him tooth and nail.

So you're saying Stumpy and his ilk tell Dr. Fuchs what to do?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This thread is more fantasy than reality. SOS and FOley both know what went on was special those dozen or so years. Foley had that first SEC trophy in his hands coming into the terminal that night and he knew why it was there. SOS. Some of you sound as if some catty women were in these postitions of power.......for the love of God let it go.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lagoon, my post was total fiction and 100% for grins. I admitted as such a few posts later. You missed that? :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lagoon, my post was total fiction and 100% for grins. I admitted as such a few posts later. You missed that? :lol:
You nearly gave the poor guy a coronary. :lol3:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There are plenty on here that believe you...:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Link?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Fooley and SOS really didn't fight near the urinals while on vacation in the Bahamas?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I died a little that night.

Yeah, that Nebraska game started me thinking about PED's, steroids. A team dominated by white farmboys
on the OL and DL manhandled every team in the nation, using an unimaginative coach who only believed
CFB was about farmboys plowing over your opponents.?? I don't believe authorities drug tested back then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that Nebraska game started me thinking about PED's, steroids. A team dominated by white farmboys
on the OL and DL manhandled every team in the nation, using an unimaginative coach who only believed
CFB was about farmboys plowing over your opponents.?? I don't believe authorities drug tested back then.
No, they just didnt test for bovine steroids.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I've been holding off on posting this for some time, but it's accurate. It's well known in Florida inner circles but everyone swore to an oath of secrecy for the better good. You'll find no links on it anywhere. I was fortunate to be at the right Florida Field urinal at the right time to hear it all.

Supposedly Foley entered the locker room immediately after the crushing 34-32 defeat to Tennessee that ended the team's SEC and national title hopes. Players were naturally quite upset, and that included Graham, who sat in street clothes at his locker openly sobbing. Foley tried to come up to offer congratulations on the season, and he mentioned something about Hoke's run defense. Spurrier came bolting across the room and asked Foley to leave. There were heated words and apparently Berlin, who doubled as Spurrier's personal concierge, had to separate the two. There was no saving the relationship at that point.

I have heard a similar story but I have no idea where.

Regarding Foley and SOS being on the call in show the other night. Somewhat asked Spurrier what his worst loss was and at first he didn't answer and they went on to another question. But Spurrier came back to question and responded that it was that Tennessee game, his last at the swamp. He said he thought that team was as good if not better than the '96 team and thought they could win the NC. Regardless of how repaired their relationship is now there was a ****load of animosity in the past. I don't know why anyone wants to sugarcoat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.