Foley should stay on as AD...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've been holding off on posting this for some time, but it's accurate. It's well known in Florida inner circles but everyone swore to an oath of secrecy for the better good. You'll find no links on it anywhere. I was fortunate to be at the right Florida Field urinal at the right time to hear it all.

Supposedly Foley entered the locker room immediately after the crushing 34-32 defeat to Tennessee that ended the team's SEC and national title hopes. Players were naturally quite upset, and that included Graham, who sat in street clothes at his locker openly sobbing. Foley tried to come up to offer congratulations on the season, and he mentioned something about Hoke's run defense. Spurrier came bolting across the room and asked Foley to leave. There were heated words and apparently Berlin, who doubled as Spurrier's personal concierge, had to separate the two. There was no saving the relationship at that point.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know of no 2 men that exercise power that have never come close to fisticuffs. I also know very few men who have not resolved those differences. Women on the other hand, that is a different story.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to the two guys at the urinal, it was more like a bytch slap contest.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Donovan was Foley's only great success in the big time hires he made at UF where he actually controlled the decision.
Seriously? This entire program from top to bottom is Foley's success. The proof is even in the Olympics. As a country UF would have finished near the top ten. You can argue all day that FB and BB are the only sports that matter and get an amen from :law: but UF has a reputation as a national power in many areas and is only recently removed from the BIG 2.......patience grasshopper.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've been holding off on posting this for some time, but it's accurate. It's well known in Florida inner circles but everyone swore to an oath of secrecy for the better good. You'll find no links on it anywhere. I was fortunate to be at the right Florida Field urinal at the right time to hear it all.

Supposedly Foley entered the locker room immediately after the crushing 34-32 defeat to Tennessee that ended the team's SEC and national title hopes. Players were naturally quite upset, and that included Graham, who sat in street clothes at his locker openly sobbing. Foley tried to come up to offer congratulations on the season, and he mentioned something about Hoke's run defense. Spurrier came bolting across the room and asked Foley to leave. There were heated words and apparently Berlin, who doubled as Spurrier's personal concierge, had to separate the two. There was no saving the relationship at that point.

lol - Never heard about that one but I remember amost breaking my TV set cussing about why we couldn't tackle anybody that game. The Nebraska game was worse but that game has to be up there near the top.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously? This entire program from top to bottom is Foley's success. The proof is even in the Olympics. As a country UF would have finished near the top ten.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dude, no one gives too little shyts about the volleyball, curling, and lawn darts teams. No one. Total attendance of all those doesn't equal the number of reporters at the spring game.

Football pays the bills, all the bills. If you fvkk up football three times, you run out of money for the lawn dart team.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Swimming, Gymnastics, Baseball, Soccer and even volleyball are real sports to many people here and around the world, We will just agree to disagree (you are still my favorite barrister (after my daarling daughter)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well one day when you get that bama or UT type of AD and we get fckn hammered for stupidity (make no mistake a bama or UT can weather it but UF is despised) it will happen...........and then tell me what a douche JF was then. If you remember how bad it was here after Pell then you will know what we mean. The price of that success was crushing (even though pell didnt do anything those ckcskers around the SEC were doing then and KEPT DOING FOR YEAARS)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well one day when you get that bama or UT type of AD and we get fckn hammered for stupidity (make no mistake a bama or UT can weather it but UF is despised) it will happen...........and then tell me what a douche JF was then. If you remember how bad it was here after Pell then you will know what we mean. The price of that success was crushing (even though pell didnt do anything those ckcskers around the SEC were doing then and KEPT DOING FOR YEAARS)
Well, there is that. No one can say that Fooley got us on probation. Of course, pretty much every other AD can say that also, even the current ones at Tinerc and Bammer you mentioned.

Then again, several teams went through probation years without going 4-8 and losing to 1AA teams. Or having rosters with only 55-60 scholarship players as we did recently.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say before pell.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lol - Never heard about that one but I remember amost breaking my TV set cussing about why we couldn't tackle anybody that game. The Nebraska game was worse but that game has to be up there near the top.

I hadn't either until I posted it. :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was at the Nebraska game........tough to watch but they were nice fans

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I would have been too. You treat your whore like a queen
They were nice before the game was a rout ......seriously..........
I died a little that night.
And then like ''''''''''''''''that dead part rose from the dead a year later and we were ON TOP OF THE WORLD
6a00d8341c90b153ef01a3fb7cd719970b-pi

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swimming, Gymnastics, Baseball, Soccer and even volleyball are real sports to many people here and around the world, We will just agree to disagree (you are still my favorite barrister (after my daarling daughter)
Look, I don't dislike those kids. They sweat for us, too. I'm proud when they do well and many teams have.

However, financially speaking, football is all that matters.

You want to keep Fooley? Then make him Emeritus AD/Asst AD for Nonprofit Sports. Just keep his paws out of football and the football budget. I'd be fine with that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.