For those of you who are leaping off the Butters Train

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind that Fooley didn't give him a three year contract and immediately extend it twice ultimately giving him a six year contract.

No, Fooley gave Mac a SIX YEAR contract FROM THE OUTSET.

He isn't going anywhere soon. Imo he gets at least four years, maybe five, no matter how bad the recruiting and product is. I suspect in the middle of next year, he has assumed dead coach walking status, but will do the "just fire the coordinators bc some one has to go" route.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law, our only hope is the new AD. He didn't hire him, and hence has no loyalty for him.

We're going 6-6 and he'll be fired at the end of this season, probably to get into the Herman sweepstakes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's 9 million owed to Mac if he's let go after this season. Ain't gonna happen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's 9 million owed to Mac if he's let go after this season. Ain't gonna happen.
The donors can help in that regard. Hell, ONE pissed-off donor could help in that regard.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law, our only hope is the new AD.
Abandon_All_Hope_by_Hjoranna.png

:pe:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The donors can help in that regard. Hell, ONE pissed-off donor could help in that regard.

That's a combined 15 million in Foley money between Mac and Muschamp if it happens, enough to build a third deck on Spurrier Field and call it Jeremy's Folly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a combined 15 million in Foley money between Mac and Muschamp if it happens, enough to build a third deck on Spurrier Field and call it Jeremy's Folly.
People who consider Fooley competent much less "The Greatest of All Time" or whatever, are truly delusional.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind that Fooley didn't give him a three year contract and immediately extend it twice ultimately giving him a six year contract.

No, Fooley gave Mac a SIX YEAR contract FROM THE OUTSET.

He isn't going anywhere soon. Imo he gets at least four years, maybe five, no matter how bad the recruiting and product is. I suspect in the middle of next year, he has assumed dead coach walking status, but will do the "just fire the coordinators bc some one has to go" route.

I sure hope not. I just don't see how he could get a 4th year if we fail to get a Top 10 recruiting class again this season and finish 7-5 and then go 8-4 or worse next season. People would literally stop watching after that.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
79 was a good year wasnt it...$.25 game tickets...no anger over losing as we were expected to Of course I was young and possibly inebriated without a tv or internet

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to completely stop watching at the end of THIS YEAR, and we're universally expected to be worse next year. We cannot afford another year of this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to completely stop watching at the end of THIS YEAR, and we're universally expected to be worse next year. We cannot afford another year of this.
The good news is Fooley isn't making the next hire.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Although I've been pretty whiney about ole Butters n' Nuss the past two weeks, I'm not jumping off the train just yet. Mainly just because it ruins Florida football for me.

I'd rather be hopeful than full of despair, especially since like Law mentioned he's going to be around for a few more years. I don't want to spend the next two years in a toxic place wanting coaches to be fired; that's just not fun.

I'll sit on the "pumper" side for now, but I'm going to be realistic in the fact that it's do or die with this years recruiting cycle. Watching TN rebuild, it took them about 4 years under bUTch to get a solid roster together. Firing your coach only sets you back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The bad news is we'll be almost a decade removed from relevance when it happens.
We knew that when we made this hire. It was a critical hire. We couldn't take chances, and yet we hired a 21-17 guy.

We now have the worst cupboard I remember. I'm not old enough to remember the 70s, sorry, to the 0-10-1 crowd. It will take AT LEAST three stellar classes to get back on top, at least. And we haven't even started on the first one yet.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We knew that when we made this hire. It was a critical hire. We couldn't take chances, and yet we hired a 21-17 guy.

We now have the worst cupboard I remember. I'm not old enough to remember the 70s, sorry, to the 0-10-1 crowd. It will take AT LEAST three stellar classes to get back on top, at least. And we haven't even started on the first one yet.

Yep, the situation called for an S&P 500 buy and Foley proved himself once again to be a small cap value investor.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Schedule 2 big time neutral site games in the future and macs buyout is taken care of.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No point in being delusional. Mac's not going anywhere for at least one more season after this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator