For those of you who are leaping off the Butters Train

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Because given the fickel fan base, the work that needs to be done, and the inevitable down years while rebuilding, no one in their right mind would take the job without a guaranteed extended contract. The next mid-major coach (cuz that's what you're going to get) we end up with will need a 10 year contract to even sniff the dotted line.
If it's true that no coaches want to come to UF anymore, then it's all over forever. Fortunately, I don't believe that.

By the way, EVERY school has a fickle fan base.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
The bad news is we'll be almost a decade removed from relevance when it happens.

Exactly what I've been telling my fellow Gator mates...at the minimum 10, hell, maybe longer... ah, Ill be six feet under by then...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If it's true that no coaches want to come to UF anymore, then it's all over forever. Fortunately, I don't believe that.

No, no. We are the only school who fires coaches for losing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

We can get a name not on anyone's radar. But, especially if we cut Mac lose early, we will have neither the $$$ or the cadre to pull in anyone demonstrably better than what we have.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can get a name not on anyone's radar. But, especially if we cut Mac lose early, we will have neither the $$$ or the cadre to pull in anyone demonstrably better than what we have.

Heck Miles would be better just based on recruiting alone. Not saying to go after him but it would be an upgrade just because you would at least have the raw talent to match most teams.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Money isn't the issue, and never has been. If UF wanted to make a coach the highest paid in the history of college football, they could do it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are already paying 7.5 mil for two shytty coaches this year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Money isn't the issue, and never has been. If UF wanted to make a coach the highest paid in the history of college football, they could do it.
Au contraire money has obviously been an issue with regards to facilities and assistants. Just because there's money in the coffers doesn't mean it will get spent on your pet project. Keep in mind we've been paying the salary for two head coaches for two years. Fire Mac this year and we will be paying the salaries for two head coaches for the next four including the highest paid coach in the history of college football.
Reality is a b1tch.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Au contraire money has obviously been an issue with regards to facilities and assistants. Just because there's money in the coffers doesn't mean it will get spent on your pet project. Keep in mind we've been paying the salary for two head coaches for two years. Fire Mac this year and we will be paying the salaries for two head coaches for the next four including the highest paid coach in the history of college football.
Reality is a b1tch.
My "pet project"? Not sure what you're talking about. Football is the lifeblood of the entire athletic program.

And despite all those salaries, UF could still pull off paying someone a record amount. It could be done. Look at what Michigan did to get the guy they wanted. You think money was an obstacle?

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Reality is a b1tch.
You said it yourself. Money isn't the problem. Spending money was the problem because foley was such a pathetic AD that valued women's volleyball over football.

To call the football program a pet project is all I need to hear regarding your perspective and mindset about this.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My "pet project"? Not sure what you're talking about. Football is the lifeblood of the entire athletic program.

And despite all those salaries, UF could still pull off paying someone a record amount. It could be done. Look at what Michigan did to get the guy they wanted. You think money was an obstacle?

My pet project too. I don't care about any of the other sports, basketball and baseball included. But I don't control the purse strings. Neither entirely, subject to marching orders from the University, does the AD. Perhaps at F$U, a football program with a University attached, the AD has carte blanche, but at UF, a University with an athletic department attached, there are other forces at work. If it was me I'd pay <insert dream coach here> $100 million a year but that's not going to happen. Yes we "could" theoretically pay record amounts, but a lot of that money is going to come from Bull Gators. However, even to Bull Gators $1M is a lot of money. And getting them all to agree on the next hire is not a trivial task.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Foley was saying Muschamp went 11-1 after the bowl loss. All the losers started discounting bowl games after that. It was one giant pumper fest
All games count when you wear the orange and blue!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Why not? Money's good and the expectations from the pumpers are set very low. 7-5 is considered great around here now.

Not sure where you see that crap at. I think all fans expect us to win and nobody is happy with 7-8 wins.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let me make this short and sweet on the Coach confidence thing... :suicide2:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I am not exactly jumping off the train, but I am hanging onto the tail gate and my grip is slipping. Ole' Hee Haw needs to do something to pull me back in.... soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator