For those of you who are leaping off the Butters Train

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Buy out plus the 4/5 million for another top notch coach is just too much to swallow, I think we are stuck with Mac......

Maybe I'm being too negative but I'm having trouble finding the silver lining....

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buy out plus the 4/5 million for another top notch coach is just too much to swallow, I think we are stuck with Mac......

Maybe I'm being too negative but I'm having trouble finding the silver lining....
Have to step up to the plate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: What a bunch of pathetic fans. This was a tradition year. We were projected to have 3-5 loses. None of the professional sports writers projected anything miraculous from us this year, just a bunch of Internet Forum guys thinking they know more.

Sorry you all got your hopes up for something else.

Hell, the majority of you pitchfork clan were swinging on Chumps nuts through year 3. :facepalm:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
The toothless ones were still paying Dooley and Fulmer off and they could get the guy they wanted, Mac won't stay around because of that contract, 5 losses this year and 3-4 start to next and he's watching the Georgia game from home in 17.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: What a bunch of pathetic fans. This was a tradition year. We were projected to have 3-5 loses. None of the professional sports writers projected anything miraculous from us this year, just a bunch of Internet Forum guys thinking they know more.

Hell, the majority of you pitchfork clan were swinging on Chumps nuts through year 3. :facepalm:
Yup, everything is just fine.

:bob:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Go read the Marty Cohen article (thread). He's not an "internet forum guy". This upcoming trainwreck is pretty clear to a lot of people who aren't "internet forum" guys. We saw this same crap w/ Muschamp and Zook.....squeeking out pathetic wins vs. teams we should have been blowing out.....pumpers keep on pumping....then that train rams full speed into a wall. What's the wall going to be this year? An LSU blowout at home? An embarrassing blowout in Tallahassee? A loss to a true freshman QB in Jacksonville? Arkansas shutting us out in November? A combination of these? It's coming; you know it....I know it....internet forum guys know it....and McElwain knows it. Tell me what's the difference in him being here and Muschamp? He's more likable? That's about all I can come up with right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac definitely doesn't have the media's favor like muschamp. Even the local talking heads are unimpressed. Cohen isn't the only one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Macchump will get his third year. After that, all bets are off. Unless Foley is still pulling Stricklin's puppet strings. I'm hoping someone makes him disappear by then though.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go read the Marty Cohen article (thread). He's not an "internet forum guy". This upcoming trainwreck is pretty clear to a lot of people who aren't "internet forum" guys. We saw this same crap w/ Muschamp and Zook.....squeeking out pathetic wins vs. teams we should have been blowing out.....pumpers keep on pumping....then that train rams full speed into a wall. What's the wall going to be this year? An LSU blowout at home? An embarrassing blowout in Tallahassee? A loss to a true freshman QB in Jacksonville? Arkansas shutting us out in November? A combination of these? It's coming; you know it....I know it....internet forum guys know it....and McElwain knows it. Tell me what's the difference in him being here and Muschamp? He's more likable? That's about all I can come up with right now.
I'm far from a Pumper. I just find it funny with each game we have the pendulum swings. What's going to happen if we win this Weekend? What's going to happen if we win against Georgia? Is it going to be rejoice or just excuses like, "they have an interim coach" and "they have a freshman QB"?

Go back and read the prediction thread. A lot of reality in there with predicting 3 or 4 or 5 losses. Maybe the glass is "we get beat" vs. "we beat ourselves".

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm far from a Pumper. I just find it funny with each game we have the pendulum swings. What's going to happen if we win this Weekend? What's going to happen if we win against Georgia? Is it going to be rejoice or just excuses like, "they have an interim coach" and "they have a freshman QB"?

Go back and read the prediction thread. A lot of reality in there with predicting 3 or 4 or 5 losses. Maybe the glass is "we get beat" vs. "we beat ourselves".

Regardless of anyone's "pumper" status, the bottom line is how we look. We look like Will Muschamp is still coaching this team....and that is why he was fired. I predicted we'd go 8-4 in that thread. But I didn't think we'd have any FAU type games this year (which is what this game was....and so was the UMass game....if North Texas had an offense that game could have been similar to this Vandy game). I don't think any of us expected another Vandy/FAU 2015 type game.....yet, we've seen it 3 times this year. McElwain got this job for 2 reasons: Offense and Saban. He's neither! Like I said in the last post: we know the train wreck is coming. Last year it came on slowly.....Vandy, South Carolina, FAU.....then CRASH!!! FSU, SECCG, Bowl Game. He's 8-5 in the last 13 games w/ 2 wins vs. Vandy (by 9 total points), an Overtime win vs. 3-9 FAU, ugly win vs. 3-9 South Carolina...etc. Losing is one thing....having no offense 2 years in a row - from an "offensive genius" - is a disaster. If that's why he was brought in - to turn it around - he's failing. We're 4-1 so pumpers are all "what's the big deal!?!" The realists know what's coming. If I'm wrong I will gladly admit it. I waited and kept saying "the jury is still out" on McElwain....but I think we hired a dud.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of anyone's "pumper" status, the bottom line is how we look. We look like Will Muschamp is still coaching this team....and that is why he was fired. I predicted we'd go 8-4 in that thread. But I didn't think we'd have any FAU type games this year (which is what this game was....and so was the UMass game....if North Texas had an offense that game could have been similar to this Vandy game). I don't think any of us expected another Vandy/FAU 2015 type game.....yet, we've seen it 3 times this year. McElwain got this job for 2 reasons: Offense and Saban. He's neither! Like I said in the last post: we know the train wreck is coming. Last year it came on slowly.....Vandy, South Carolina, FAU.....then CRASH!!! FSU, SECCG, Bowl Game. He's 8-5 in the last 13 games w/ 2 wins vs. Vandy (by 9 total points), an Overtime win vs. 3-9 FAU, ugly win vs. 3-9 South Carolina...etc. Losing is one thing....having no offense 2 years in a row - from an "offensive genius" - is a disaster. If that's why he was brought in - to turn it around - he's failing. We're 4-1 so pumpers are all "what's the big deal!?!" The realists know what's coming. If I'm wrong I will gladly admit it. I waited and kept saying "the jury is still out" on McElwain....but I think we hired a dud.
How could you possible be wrong? You just said the realists know what's coming. If you think differently then you're either batshït crazy or certainly not a realist.

Look, we'll just have to agree to wait and see. I'm not happy with the performances and certainly underwhelmed. I just believe we have a nucleus issue that might take time to solve. Yes, he hasn't performed well in recruiting but he's also still working with the majority of Chumps players who I think we're brainwashed from the beginning. Their lackluster effort makes me think it's more of a Chump issue than a MacElwain issue. Unfortunately, you can't fire these guys and start over like you can in the real world, you know the realist world.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How could you possible be wrong? You just said the realists know what's coming. If you think differently then you're either batshït crazy or certainly not a realist.

Look, we'll just have to agree to wait and see. I'm not happy with the performances and certainly underwhelmed. I just believe we have a nucleus issue that might take time to solve. Yes, he hasn't performed well in recruiting but he's also still working with the majority of Chumps players who I think we're brainwashed from the beginning. Their lackluster effort makes me think it's more of a Chump issue than a MacElwain issue. Unfortunately, you can't fire these guys and start over like you can in the real world, you know the realist world.

Huh? That made no sense at all.

The "realist" is: WE (you, me, internet message board guy, etc) are watching the same performance from this team (McElwain's 2nd UF team) that we saw from Will Muschamp's teams. We know how that ended. Again, if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it. But my guess is he's fired after year 3.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

It's how we look. It has been since 2009 since we have looked better than the three stooges on the offensive side of the ball. This was supposed to be the guy that turned us around and in year 2, even if we are loosing to better teams, we are supposed to start showing improvement. I gave him a pass with Treon, because i honestly believe there is nothing he could have done to make him better even if he changed the offense with a freshman line trying. This year he has his guy starting, the guy he's wanted all along, and we looked a little better, but struggled to score on bad teams. Applebee is his fault as well. of all the graduate transfers he chose the guy that wouldn't be a threat to Del Rio, or no one else would come here. Either way it put us in a bad position again with no backup that was capable of running things decent. After Zook, Meyers last year, and Muschamp its hard not to see the trainwreck coming when history is repeating itself right in front of us. Was on twitter and all the pumpers new excuse is that he just needs to get a team full of his players and to get rid of all the old regimes guys, but the problem is that he is not recruiting at a high level to replace them. That might work at a school like Baylor where you have a gimmick offense and 10 wins is a dream come true, but we want titles. The good coaches have their teams playing better by now instead of regressing. Happens every year, but we keep being told that ours just needs more time. I thought 4 losses this year, but they better not be trainwrecks and we should be in the game until the end.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? That made no sense at all.

The "realist" is: WE (you, me, internet message board guy, etc) are watching the same performance from this team (McElwain's 2nd UF team) that we saw from Will Muschamp's teams. We know how that ended. Again, if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it. But my guess is he's fired after year 3.
Your previous post made it seem you were classifying people. Pumpers and Realists. It seems to be the going thing. My apologies if I misunderstood.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's how we look. It has been since 2009 since we have looked better than the three stooges on the offensive side of the ball. This was supposed to be the guy that turned us around and in year 2, even if we are loosing to better teams, we are supposed to start showing improvement.
We didn't show improvement off the bat last year? I know Grier had bad games and wasn't all world beater before he decided to go the Extenze route but I, and many others, felt there was a lot of improvement from the Muschump years.

gave him a pass with Treon, because i honestly believe there is nothing he could have done to make him better even if he changed the offense with a freshman line trying. This year he has his guy starting, the guy he's wanted all along, and we looked a little better, but struggled to score on bad teams. Applebee is his fault as well. of all the graduate transfers he chose the guy that wouldn't be a threat to Del Rio, or no one else would come here.
So you gave him a pass with Treon but not with Applyby? I've never heard your conspiracy theory about not wanting Del Rio to have any competition but we all know he's nothing great himself. Multi-transfer reject is all I've heard about Del Rio and yet he doesn't get a pass. About the only argument I believe that Mac shouldn't get a pass about is not starting a Freshman QB. I won't judge Trask but Franks clearly doesn't seem to have much to offer. I don't follow HS football enough to really know.

After Zook, Meyers last year, and Muschamp its hard not to see the trainwreck coming when history is repeating itself right in front of us.
Yet all everyone did was make excuses. Funny how that works. It was Meyer didn't recruit for Muschump. He left the cupboard bare. I'm a believer that Meyer won a ton with Zook's players. I certainly don't think Muschump did anything to help the current situation.

Was on twitter and all the pumpers new excuse is that he just needs to get a team full of his players and to get rid of all the old regimes guys, but the problem is that he is not recruiting at a high level to replace them.
Sure, what else are they going to do? I actually think the core of this program is rotten and it might lead to Mac's firing but it might not.

I thought 4 losses this year, but they better not be trainwrecks and we should be in the game until the end.
So if we lose 4 this year, and are competitive, then you're ok? If we lose 2 and play shîtty you're not ok? You know we played more competitive this year against Vandy than last year? We beat them better than last year, so isn't that improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator