Franks to be named starter?

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Well come Saturday night Franks might be on "short-leash" with the fans. When he messes up, he might get some boos right off. When folks have known that QB is UF's big holdback, they are primed to go off. I'll be watching expectantly.
I do not care how poorly a UF football player plays, they should NEVER be booed. These are student athletes. Boo coaches. Not the players.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If he is the starter, look for a vanilla offense of about 10-15 plays that we will run all day. Look for Scarlett and Davis to carry the team. Franks just doesn't look to have that flow as a passer, runner, football player. Its like he's 16 and just learning to drive a manual grinding the gears...
It will have to be vanilla. His grasp on reading defense last year was at the Cat in the hat level. Let's hope he's got a better grasp

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Save as picture then use the upload file. Do preview post to make sure it looks legit....
No.

Just post it the way you would a regular photo, using the "Image" button.

Lee, I fixed it. Maybe I should do a tutorial on this stuff.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We all knew he was going to be the starter but this anonymous rumor on Reddit from someone in Crawfordsville seems airtight...I mean you can’t get better inside info

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot understand for the life of me why some asshat would post on Reddit when they could be at a real board like this one. That site is God-awful.

Anyone over there that can post some links and get us some new members? I'll make it worth your while.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot understand for the life of me why some asshat would post on Reddit when they could be at a real board like this one. That site is God-awful.

Anyone over there that can post some links and get us some new members? I'll make it worth your while.
I posted a link under Florida gators Screenshot_20180827-102127_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
I posted a link under Florida gators

Do y’all really want a bunch of pumpers here that don’t allow you to criticize anything about the team?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Holy ****!
You guys are very negative about this news.

We knew since the spring Franks would start. IMO, there was only 2 options. Either EJ would come in and take the job right away or Franks would be the starter again.

I get it. Franks hasn't been that great. But you Trask acolytes are delusional. 2 head coaches have evaluated him and instead went with Franks. Let that sink in.
Franks may not be the answer, but it sure as hell isn't Trask, either.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I do not care how poorly a UF football player plays, they should NEVER be booed. These are student athletes. Boo coaches. Not the players.

THIS

I think Trask should start that said, If Franks is Mullen's guy then it's on Mullen. I would never boo a kid for trying...Poor behavior is another thing but never if he is giving an effort.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I don't get it, the only thing I've heard positive about Filipe is his arm strength. If Trask is better at the mental part of the game how is he not the starter

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get it, the only thing I've heard positive about Filipe is his arm strength. If Trask is better at the mental part of the game how is he not the starter

I have a strong suspicion that if it is Franks then a lot of the Trask talk was people projecting their want at qb causing them to see things that really weren't there. We need to cheer for either guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will have to be vanilla. His grasp on reading defense last year was at the Cat in the hat level. Let's hope he's got a better grasp
Mullinz runs a junior high offense. One quick read usually. It doesnt get any simpler.

Butters ran a complicated offense which he neutered by being incredibly predictable (same complaint Saban had when Butters left).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is athletic. He ran reasonably well in HS. He can throw the ball from one endzone to the other.

Thats all I got.

Unfortunately, it is really all we have.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do y’all really want a bunch of pumpers here that don’t allow you to criticize anything about the team?
Yes, we want them. Do you really want to listen to me forever?

Here, they wont be telling us what is and isnt "allowed" here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator