Frost #1 on UF's list

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I know the new coach will bring his guys, but he needs to strongly consider keeping Rumph, Seider, and Davis.

Seider yes...Rumph, no...Davis, I’m not sure although I’ve heard several recruits have been pumping him on social media.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Marianna has the insider info, so maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about regarding Rumph, but I definitely agree with you on Seider. It seems he has been an integral part of our recruiting successes lately.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I figured we'd offer Frost $4.5 million and he'd be more than happy to take it! I'm not sure our administration would pay $6 million to anybody! We'll see....

It’s being reported that UF’s offer to Frost was to be between 4.5-5mil.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I that DE was SUPPOSED to grow into a DT and that they were mentally slotting some of our lil DEs into DTs (which never happened). Remember Zuniga was supposed to be 290-300 by now,lulz.

this ^ = probly explain on-field confusion = "what kind of player am I supposed to be?"

Frost and his wife spotted at Shands Hospital in Gainesville as we speak awaiting for their birth of their first child...

Frost wants his family to have the best start.

And yet, I'm wildly popular.

definition: a Swonky = a beast of wordin'.

Last edited:

LaYzieGaTor

Oct 23, 2017
Then why hire him? I mean if hes gonna end up leaving UF in a few years or so for Neb anyways. I want someone here for a long time
This article has me a little worried about our chances if Riley is fired. I mean he pretty much says his goal is to coach at Nebraska. I just hope the recruiting in Florida and the fact that The Big 10 is loaded with coaching talent keeps him in state and he ends up at UF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then why hire him? I mean if hes gonna end up leaving UF in a few years or so for Neb anyways. I want someone here for a long time

Riley is likely to be fired this year so Frost isn't going to leave UF for Nebraska. He will be choosing between UF and Nebraska. A&M may throw their hat in the ring as well if they fire Sumlin.

I think UF will need to offer 5+ million minimum to get him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is if Nebraska is willing to open with $6+ Million, where is their ceiling... This is a good coach, but a coach with not even 2 years of head coaching experience. What is Nebraska's ceiling, and what is ours.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This idea of offering him $5M plus seems somewhat absurd to me. Do you guys realize Urban Meyer makes $6.4M?!?!?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Frost is going after the up front money then let him go. If he's a success at Florida he'll get what he's worth eventually. Really it depends on how confident he is in his own abilities.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This idea of offering him $5M plus seems somewhat absurd to me. Do you guys realize Urban Meyer makes $6.4M?!?!?

This man has all the indications he could be the equivalent of UM. Do you want to pay another coach three fourths this amount and get another dud? These duds are expensive. I think what SOS is saying speaks volumes.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm thinking he'll coach here like 7-8 years win a few titles and then decide to take the Nebraska job. The man has said he wants to win titles, it's gonna be a lot harder to do that at Nebraska with his system than at UF. Fl is a breeding ground for the spread and Nebraksa is a breeding ground for a pro style. I think he will choose UF for now build our program to be a power house again win a few titles to really grow his name then go to Nebraska and likely die off as a coach because he won't be able to get the players needed for his system

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator