FSU announces $65 million stand-alone football facility

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My friends don't demand I build them a $50 million home while they're siphoning $1 million a year from me already. Screw baseball. They can go play at the high school while the sport that pays the bills gets its much needed upgrades first.
He has many friends.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
LOL, so it’s ok for a 2-time NCAA Basketball Championship team to play at high schools while renovating the O-Done but not ok for the baseball team to do the same?

Understand where you are coming from but
don't know if it is the same situation logistically and what was being sacrificed.

No tearing down of the basketball program's nice stand alone practice facility for all of their equipment etc. Baseball does not have a back up facility like that.

The basketball team still kept their prime location and did not give up prime land to another sport like baseball is doing.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Don't know if it is the same situation logistically. No tearing down of the basketball program's nice stand alone practice facility for all of their equipment etc. Baseball does not have a back up facility like that.

The basketball team kept their locaton and did not give up prime land to another sport like baseball is doing.

Why do you keep saying it is prime land? Baseball may be quite happy with their new location.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if it is the same situation logistically. No tearing down of the basketball program's nice stand alone practice facility for all of their equipment etc. Baseball does not have a back up facility like that.

The basketball team kept their locaton and did not give up prime land to another sport like baseball is doing.
The point is the basketball team did just fine relocating to an alternate place to play while renovations happened. The baseball team could have done the exact same. Demo the baseball stadium the minute the season was over and start on the football facilities.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The point is the basketball team did just fine relocating to an alternate place to play while renovations happened. The baseball team could have done the exact same. Demo the baseball stadium the minute the season was over and start on the football facilities.
Agree it would be easier for hoops to do because they have a top practice facility to go to unlike baseball. Not as sure about all the baseball logistics as you are.

Probably much cheaper and less hassle for fans and players if they use the existing facility before they give it to football. Since they weren't moving permanently Hoops could not play in the existing facility during construction like baseball can.

I want the football center asap also but I can see why they are being considerate to the baseball fans and players.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course there is the issue of not having raised enough funds from our alums yet to pay for construction of both facilities at the same time.
Football makes 120-140 million a year.

I HOPE you mofos arent sending MORE money to these fvkking azzholes.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
FYI, If a gal has a PhD in nursing, she's a doctor of nursing.?

Yes. That could get confusing in the office.

Byrd’s probably one of those PhD patients that insists on being call “Dr” in the real Doctor’s office.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. That could get confusing in the office.

Byrd’s probably one of those PhD patients that insists on being call “Dr” in the real Doctor’s office.
I've decided to demand that you all refer to me as Doctor Donkey.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

I see you got a like from our mole tay bang. Our opponents surely don't want UF alums giving to UF football facilities that your complain we don't have.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see you got a like from our mole tay bang. Our opponents surely don't want UF alums giving to UF football facilities that your complain we don't have.
I thought you were the mole.

And it’s true that the football program profits tens of millions of dollars. I don’t understand why they continually have their hand out and act like they can’t even afford to build an outhouse without private donations.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, so it’s ok for a 2-time NCAA Basketball Championship team to play at high schools while renovating the O-Done but not ok for the baseball team to do the same?

NV, you know Byrdman doesn't like facts being brought up in arguments. It upsets his narrative.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was once a UAA that possessed the most wonderful Goose, for every day when he visited the nest, the Goose had laid a beautiful, glittering, golden egg.

The UAA took the eggs to market and soon began to get rich. But it was not long before UAA grew impatient with the Goose because she gave him only a single golden egg a day, which the UAA wanted to spend on baseball, softball and track.

Then one day, after UAA had finished counting his money, the idea came to him that he could make more profit by keeping all the money, not wasting it on feeding the Goose. But after a decade the precious Goose was dead.

It didnt matter thought the UAA. He didnt like the fans of the goose anyway.

UAA practices management by Aesop.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Wrong again. UF does not make
140 million. 140 million is the revenue before expenses not the profit which is closer to 20 million than 140 million and a lot of that profit is given to help our low tuition university.

Georgia has more profits than UF and their alums give more to facilities than ours. Notice how they are doing larely?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Wrong again. UF does not make
140 million. 140 million is the revenue before expenses not the profit which is closer to 20 million than 140 million and a lot of that profit is given to help our low tuition university.

Georgia has more profits than UF and their alums give more to facilities than ours. Notice how they are doing lately?

So you try to convince people to give no money to UF facilities and constantly berate UF. So what school do you support?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator