FSU Covered Up Jameis Winston Investigation

G

gatorchamps0607

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grab some popcorn, this one is juicy. Pretty long read with tons of details. Enjoy.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The 911 call could not have sounded more urgent: A man was beating a woman holding a baby outside their apartment as she tried to leave.
“You just need to get someone out here right away because it is really bad,” the caller said, adding that the man was “punching” the mother and “grabbing the little baby around the arm.”

By the time the police arrived shortly after 3 a.m. one day last January, the couple were back inside. The 19-year-old woman acknowledged that she and her boyfriend had argued, and that he had not wanted her to leave. But she insisted nothing physical had occurred.

Officers responding to a domestic violence call have a legal duty to investigate thoroughly, seek written statements from witnesses and from the victim, instruct the victim on how to seek help and, finally, forward their report to the local domestic abuse crisis center. But, according to their brief report on the episode, the officers did none of that.

They did, however, find the case significant enough to notify their sergeant — “due to the fact that it was an F.S.U. football player,” the report said. The sergeant, a Florida State University sports fan, signed off on it and the complaint was filed away as “unfounded.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us...=top-news&_r=2

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Penn State situation was bad and look what they got just from the NCAA. This is so much worse...the individuals, the athletic department, the school administration, the campus police, the city police, false public statements by the defendant's lawyer and false public statements by the school. If Penn State set a precedent, look out...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with many other people that nothing significant will come of this. Couple of people may lose their jobs, that's it. Won't affect the football program at all.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n75492 said:
I'm with many other people that nothing significant will come of this. Couple of people may lose their jobs, that's it. Won't affect the football program at all.

sad but true

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;75490 said:
The Penn State situation was bad and look what they got just from the NCAA. This is so much worse...the individuals, the athletic department, the school administration, the campus police, the city police, false public statements by the defendant's lawyer and false public statements by the school. If Penn State set a precedent, look out...
The scope of involvement was worse. But the crime is not even close. Penn State was a thousand times worse.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n75414 said:
I know nothing about a rape investigation, but is it normal for the attorney of the alleged perpetrator to get to speak to witnesses before the state attorney even knows there are allegations?
It's called getting the story straight.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I respect your opinions...and based on past events of this nature, I understand. The NY Times article validates a lot of my statements regarding this issue, and they are just a newspaper. The actual investigators have more...so I guess we'll see what happens...

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
GatorJ;n75504 said:
Winston has been sent notice to appear at a conduct hearing. What a joke... http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...op&ex_cid=null

I'll bet he doesn't show up....

3jh6z5.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n75490 said:

Worse than covering for a known Pedophile? Uhhhhh.....no.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The autograph issue is huge...Winston may not play tomorrow.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Monk Bonasorte went to jail for Cocaine Trafficking. WTF??? This guy has a felony history and is Associate AD? Are you f ing kidding me?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whether something serious comes from this or not, serious repercussion is possible. The Noles are squirming!!!
There is an open wound that is turning into a media feeding frenzy. It's a Jaws movie in Clowntown right now. Enjoy the ride!

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
One thing that has been accomplished is that some of the sordid handling of this case has been made public across the country. That has got to help the victim heal some.

Also it has reached the point where the Director of the Domestic Abuse Program, a savvy talahassee lawyer herself, used to operating within the network during her legal career, realized it was a viable time to make public the info in the this second NYT article. She did not make specific statements like this in the first article. They work on grant money, and I would guess some of it comes through the state and I imagine they need a fair amount of local cooperation. . My guess is that until there was solid federal involvement and stronger national interest, there was no point in speaking.specifically. The coverage of the cover up has provided an opportunity.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Shocking! Not really. I agree that this will blow over and become page 20 in the news soon.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n75492 said:

I hope I'm wrong but this is probably the way it will work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator