FSU Covered Up Jameis Winston Investigation

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I share a pessimistic view on the outcome of all of this in regards to the ramifications that anyone in Tallahassee may face from the players to the school officials to the school itself, as well as the school and local police departments, there is simply too much smoke for everyone to not face any ramifications. Obviously what that will be remains to be seen as here we are nearly 2 years later and more and more info continues to come out.
This is no longer a local story. It's not a college making silly decisions, it's much bigger, and very far from over, IMHO. This is a national media story now and has so many levels of potential corruption that it will be extremely and increasingly difficult for all parties to escape penalty.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n75492 said:
I'm with many other people that nothing significant will come of this. Couple of people may lose their jobs, that's it. Won't affect the football program at all.

The saddest of all is the victim will not find justice either....the rape victim that is.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've lost all faith that the NCAA will punish any team deserving it. The Miami scandal was one of the worst I've ever seen: nothing. The Alabama players that were proven to have taken 10K+ in cash: nothing.

Edit: well, other than Penn State.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
The NY Times article is priceless. Too bad nothing will come of this information. Winston will declare after the season and they will "promise" it won't happen again any time soon, unless of course a NC is on the line.

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One other thing that comes to mind from this NYT article is they also covered the fact the two other FSU players involved videotaped the incident on one of their phones and was discarded once the police were called or brought in. I know it might look like I'm reaching here but if all parties were innocent as claimed wouldn't the videotape of the incident back that up? The fact it was quickly deleted [which I can't believe the TPD didn't confiscate the phone and see what they could to do retrieve it] seems very suspicious to me they were trying to kill evidence of wrongdoing. But hey, that's just me. I still can't believe that the fact this woman was videotaped without her consent isn't covered more. But I guess that comes down to the culture.

I was also bothered yesterday when Rick Ballou of 1010xl referred to the victim as a "cleat chaser" like that somehow would diminish her status as a female who had a sexual assault perpetrated against here. This guy has two daughters and he's still framing this as a "he said, she said and oh well she's a cleat chaser." Being a female still sucks in our society on so many levels.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What are the chances he gets booted of the team this season? Anyone willing to wager?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n75713 said:
The saddest of all is the victim will not find justice either....the rape victim that is.

I understand what you are saying, and it is probably true as far as criminal charges go.( I supposed maybe the SAO could re examine and actually interview witnesses from her side and the SANE nurse and find the missing med records)

However, this investigation and publicity, fsu's responses help her civil case. Also if public and media awareness and attitude remains like now, it helps keep a judge honest and potentially influences future jury members.

Also, as I mentioned, especially after all the character assassination and disbelief that she was even raped, bringing this much of the cover up to national light further shifts public perception of her claim and this can be healing in 2 ways. The assault becomes more believable. It is horrible to go through a trauma and not have it validated as having happened. The cover up is majorly validated. FSU and TPD are being exposed for their cover up which in itself was a violation of her and her rights FSU and TPD are being held accountable publicly. Most likely, there is some healing and peace in that

Also Ms Baldwin speaking out carries some weight and the timing is interesting to me. . She is a long time known attorney there, very measured in her actions. It is not the same around there as if she were a passionate social worker making the statement., and she has been director for some time, so it is not a new fact to her. She chose this time to make her information public, as opposed to previously, or saying nothing specific. She is not going to do something to undermine the Center's operations and grants.and community resource and support structure. Yet she contributed this specific fsu related info now. ( btw- ex FSU law prof, so her name is well associated with FSU as well as the Cebter within the informal network )

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Not much new for those that have followed the story. Just maybe the first time someone wrapped it all together and put a bow on it. Most likely not enough will come from it. Maybe some investigative reporter will do a book on that place all the way back through "saint" Bobby's slimey era. But our timing for handling our situation with professionalism and integrity could not have been better.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n75727 said:
I've lost all faith that the NCAA will punish any team deserving it. The Miami scandal was one of the worst I've ever seen: nothing. The Alabama players that were proven to have taken 10K+ in cash: nothing.

Edit: well, other than Penn State.

LInk? I haven't seen anything about proof of payment to players. Lots of innuendos, rumors, etc. But as much time as Bama spends on harping on the Cam Newton allegations, I'd love to read something substantial about pay for play for Bama players. Living amongst them, their fans are insufferable.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n75758 said:
One other thing that comes to mind from this NYT article is they also covered the fact the two other FSU players involved videotaped the incident on one of their phones and was discarded once the police were called or brought in. I know it might look like I'm reaching here but if all parties were innocent as claimed wouldn't the videotape of the incident back that up? The fact it was quickly deleted [which I can't believe the TPD didn't confiscate the phone and see what they could to do retrieve it] seems very suspicious to me they were trying to kill evidence of wrongdoing. But hey, that's just me. I still can't believe that the fact this woman was videotaped without her consent isn't covered more. But I guess that comes down to the culture.

I was also bothered yesterday when Rick Ballou of 1010xl referred to the victim as a "cleat chaser" like that somehow would diminish her status as a female who had a sexual assault perpetrated against here. This guy has two daughters and he's still framing this as a "he said, she said and oh well she's a cleat chaser." Being a female still sucks in our society on so many levels.

I bet cuz wouldn't be singing that same tune if his own daughter was a victim of that sociopathic prick.

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sitting here watching the FSU / Syracuse game and I'm a little taken with the commentators being all amazed that Wilson is able to play and not be bothered by the legal matters swirling around him and the program he's in. These jerks haven't a clue the reason Wilson can play like that is he knows he'll get away with just about anything short of murder. He feels no accountability for his actions whatsoever in that culture on this campus you jackasses. THAT'S why he can play like there's no tomorrow. Sheesh.....

G

gatorchamps0607

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friends uncle is high up at FSU and they don't know whats going to happen right now. They "think" it will be nothing serious but they are pretty much in the dark.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I expect nothing to happen to FSU, but could see TPD getting disbanded ala Lawty PD recently. The one thing that tells me this won't happen is it's Tallahassee, our state's capital so politics could save them.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n75554 said:
Monk Bonasorte went to jail for Cocaine Trafficking. WTF??? This guy has a felony history and is Associate AD? Are you f ing kidding me?

I was surprised to hear that as well. I bet he's the only associate athletic director in the U.S. with a felony history. I bet he's the only one who doesn't know how to spell the word "know" too:

In an e-mail to Perry obtained by FOX Sports, Bonasorte asked, “Do we no (sic) if its sports dept?” He was apparently trying to determine whether the reporter was a sportswriter.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n75547 said:
Worse than covering for a known Pedophile? Uhhhhh.....no.

Yes covering up multiple sexual criminal actions is at least as bad. Now I don't know that it was what I would call "known", but I am not up to speed enough to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator