FSU Football: is Jimbo Fisher overrated as a Football Coach?

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Great read. I hope the walls of that program start crumbling from within, just like the vols.

Go Gators!!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we have this conversation in a thread just in the last couple of weeks, take away the two years he had Winston and NFL talent at WR/RB what has he done as a coach.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like the author, Jason Parker, answers his own question with this little qualifier...

"I’m not as upset about the loss to Clemson (since the Tigers are a talented team, even though the officials screwed the Seminoles) as I am about game likes UNC this year…or Georgia Tech last year…or N.C. State in 2012…

My opinion, and I know there is a hint of bias here ;), is that the only screw job that happens regularly where F$U is concerned generally happens to their opponents. Sorry, but I just don't see the conspiracy that Jimbo and the rest of those scalawags are crying about regarding the illegal block call on Cook's run. Call was legit and just because "(they've) been blocking it that way and it hasn't been called" is more an indictment of their assumed entitlement where officiating is concerned. Lastly, it's hard to say whether Jimbo or any other HC is overrated in the ACC. But until there is any real data to extrapolate, that bunch and their glorious leader can :bart:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Serious question: Did anyone who watched that FSU/Clemson game the other night really feel like the Nulls got shafted by the officials?

Even taking away any bias I may have towards them, I thought it was a pretty evenly called game. They missed calls that would have benefited both teams, it wasn't one sided at all, so I don't see where he gets off even saying that they were hosed by the officiating.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In my opinion, NO, b/c I never thought he was a good coach to begin with. There is a reason I call him Dumbo. I think he clearly can recruit, but I think his actual x's and o's and his game management skills are very weak (not unlike most coaches though).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question: Did anyone who watched that FSU/Clemson game the other night really feel like the Nulls got shafted by the officials?

Even taking away any bias I may have towards them, I thought it was a pretty evenly called game. They missed calls that would have benefited both teams, it wasn't one sided at all, so I don't see where he gets off even saying that they were hosed by the officiating.

In the first half, I though the officiating crew was bias toward FSU. Saw calls on Clemson that were not made evenly to FSU. FSU got away with things not called, and then were benefitted from touchy/feely calls against Clemson's defense.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The officials had zero to do with Clemson driving 75 yards in 5 plays in 1:17 for the winning score right after the Semenholes had taken the lead.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a cuckhold, I'd put him at or near the top.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I've always thought he was overrated. Not a bad coach, but not the top-tier coach so many seem to think he is.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo has a sound offense and is a decent OC. For the most part the Nole$ can score points and he makes good in-game adjustments to what the defense is doing. He is also a good recruiter. He struggles with game management and in my opinion shouldn't be a head coach. Relative to the level of talent he's able to bring in, I think you'd be hard-pressed to make a case that he hasn't disappointed as a head coach.

His ceiling was as an OC and I think that's where he's most comfortable. That's about as nice as I can be in offering a subjective critique of Jimbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator