FSU hires Taggart; Oregon players rip him as liar

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Jbossgator8, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $139
    Ratings:
    +1,228 / -80
    FSU with the whole Jimbo Fisher fiasco is now searching for a new head coach. Will they BUMBLE through it like Tenn did? Who do you think they get and why? Looks like they might be targeting Taggart...

2. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,854
    Ratings:
    +25,820 / -548
    Impossible. I was told on here that Taggart loves Oregon and would never leave from people with sources inside the Duck program.

3. Jbossgator8

Jbossgator8 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $139
    Ratings:
    +1,228 / -80
    He just got there so I don't think he would leave after only 1 year. Dino Babers to FSU

4. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,854
    Ratings:
    +25,820 / -548
    His name is floating in every coaching search for a reason. He wants out. I don't blame him.

5. Gatorraid81

Gatorraid81 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $171
    Ratings:
    +1,229 / -29
    Think it’ll be Taggart or Strong. Both are good recruiters, but Charlie would have more built in motivation to stick it to us for passing him over several times, plus I’d really hate to see Strong go there with his past Gator connections. So I’m hoping Taggart, or that Mac and Nuss pair back up and go there. Lol

#5 Gatorraid81, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  6. LongTooth

LongTooth Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $168
    Ratings:
    +896 / -20
    They're looking at Fuentes too. ACC guy. Might come over even though he hasn't been at VT long. But they've got a good program and good fan base, not sure he'd jump into the chaos at FSUcks. Don't know the nature of his buyout.

7. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $600
    Ratings:
    +9,216 / -58
    Ok, here's some legit insider updates on this clown show we call fsu's coaching search.

Backstory: A good friend I work with's father is a big time fsu booster. When I say big time I mean top level booster, so much so that not only does he have the ear of the fsu employee who manages and coordinates all the booster activities and money flow but that dude calls my buddy's dad and informs him of new info as it materializes. My buddy gave the name of the guy this morning but its escaping me now; probably can google it.

To the update: Buddy said his dad got a call late last night from the fsu booster coordinator and said fuentes is out. They targeted him but hes not interested and basically informed fsu personnel through his agent that he's not entertaining ANY schools inquiry. He's staying at va tech, at least through next year. fsu has now moved taggart to the top of the list, this was confirmed by the booster coordinator. Says he was #2 behind fuentes but now is in the driver seat.

Here's where it gets funny: Taggart has responded to fsu inquiries by showing interest and a willingness to leave Oregon, but he and his agent are slow playing things and telling fsu that he can be had, but its gonna cost nearly as much per year as jimbo just got from a&m :lol:

Buddy's dad wasnt given an exact number but other reports leaking out saying that taggart's agent has reportedly floated the 7 mil price tag seem to jive with the info provided on the phone call. To top it off, apparently the AD is strongly considering paying him what it takes to get him to come, but as of yesterday morning certain boosters, heavily influential alums and other influential persons have voiced real opposition to Taggart, and according to the individual on the phone (and this was his opinion), the reason is largely because they are old racists and nothing more.

Queue big top music.... :lol:

:nole:

8. williston_gator

williston_gator Twitter junkie

Oxbucks:
    $590
    Ratings:
    +3,249 / -23
    Portland radio host Nigel Burton reports Oregon head coach Willie Taggart is flying to Florida to meet with FSU officials on Monday.

9. kepler

kepler Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $116
    Ratings:
    +373 / -6
    Great info, I just don't know whether to hope they get Taggart at this point or not.

10. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,287
    Ratings:
    +3,496 / -51
    There’s a good article I read yesterday where it’s going to be so easy to recruit against a guy with no loyalty. There was zero pressure to send out that tweet yesterday and yet he did it anyways. His recruiting prowess will take a hit and he’s not a known commodity with x and o’s yet.

11. Durty South Swamp

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $600
    Ratings:
    +9,216 / -58
    :dubster:

12. Durty South Swamp

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $600
    Ratings:
    +9,216 / -58
    trust me, we want them to. even if he wins a bit his first season, the first loss he has, all the racists will be out in full force. whole situation will blow up and will be glorious!

13. MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $513
    Ratings:
    +6,072 / -21

[​IMG]

14. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $125
    Ratings:
    +190 / -3
    After SCUM fell on their collective faces against Clempson, the news that the SOW is looking at a HC with minimal experience, at $7 million a year, makes me feel just that much better about our situation. Paraphrasing a comment made by Ox after the Mullen hire, I wasn't thrilled by the news, but I am keeping an open mind. With Jimbo at TA&M and Helen Hunt's long lost brother at Da U, I'm thinking things may be better than I first thought. Now all we need is a strong incoming class with at least two legitimate QBs (Corral +?), along with some linemen and linebackers, and I will really get excited about our prospects for the future.

15. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $526
    Ratings:
    +639 / -43
    They would recruit really well, but then again, almost anyone would there. He's shown close to nothing to show he's a great coach though. Best case for us.

16. ItsDookie87

ItsDookie87 ...it's best to let him finish
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $145
    Ratings:
    +344 / -16
  17. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $799
    Ratings:
    +8,530 / -54

In other words. As usual – nobody knows crap. Those tweets are literally 10 minutes apart.

18. Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $361
    Ratings:
    +4,767 / -12
    In Jimbo's press conference today at Texas A&M he said the reason he left Tallahassee was that he and the FSU administration were not on the same page as far as prioritizing football over other sports. He said the head coach and the university administration have to be United in their vision.

I know this was part, of course not the only problem, with some of our recent coaches and Foley who was an all sports trophy kind of guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orla...fsu-tamu-jimbo-fisher-20171204-story,amp.html

19. AnObfuscator

AnObfuscator Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +106 / -2

I don't know why it has to be an either/or type of thing. I want *all* our athletic programs to be elite. But the only way we can afford for gymnastics and volleyball to be good is with money generated by football (primarily) and basketball (to a much lesser degree). So... if we want all our sports to be good, we need to invest in having a good football program that is watchable enough to fill seats, get TV ratings, and sell merch. Then we use that revenue to hire a great swim coach and win titles in that sport, too. Why can't we be an all sports trophy school that knows which side our bread is buttered?

20. Since65

Since65 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $102
    Ratings:
    +407 / -0
    I would be curious as to when, if ever, football has not been the top priority within the FSU athletic administration. If they have been emphasizing other sports at the expense of football then they should start hiring better coaches because I don't see them dominating the landscape in those arenas.

Disclaimer: I don't follow FSU closely in any sport so I can't say that there aren't other sports in which they're dominant. I do think that is a completely bogus reason given by JImbo and covers up the fact that HE didn't get along with members of the administration and the booster groups.