FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n244070 said:
I just watched the extended cut. The Tallahassee Democrat has it posted. It includes lots of prelude and the full aftermath.

It's hard to see her at first but you can see her hair and the top of her head in the lower right hand corner (mostly behind the dude with glasses). She was hanging out one layer of people away from the bar for a while. She moved in to the bar and he followed a second or two behind.

She immediately looked over her left shoulder and said something to him. Things seem OK at this point. He is behind her. She can't be the aggressor at this time; she has her back to him. He puts a hand under the bar and pulls himself in, bumping her in the back. Looks like a normal crowded bar bump. No biggie. He didn't grab her ass or anything. But, something happened here because she quickly turns to the right to face him and she appears agitated.

She's saying something and brings up her right hand, balled up, but with the thumb out. She's not holding it tight, it's not cocked in a threatening manner. It's wobbly and look at her elbow. It's in front of her body. Try it yourself. Cock a fist and notice where your elbow is. Now slide your elbow forward, move your fist back, and leave your thumb out. Baez will call it a threat but it wasn't.

He grabs her right wrist. She's shocked. Her mouth is hanging open. He's got her wrist, some of her hair, and he's jamming it against her upper chest, near her throat. She yells at him. She looks like she's using her left to keep him at bay. She throws a weak punch with her left (she's a righty, but he has her right hand immobilized). You know the rest.

Here's the link:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2015/07/06/video-shows-punch-that-led-to-qbs-arrest/29775149/

Alex.

Are you sure he didn't cop a feel in the beginning? That was the first thing I thought might have started it. Perhaps he grabbed a cheek and she didn't like it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n244086 said:
I will meet force with force. if you do not wish this keep you're hands to yourself

A girl puncher is a girl puncher is a girl puncher.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n244171 said:
Watch it again. When she raises her right hand, look at her thumb, look where the hand is in relation to her head, then look where her elbow is.

That's not a cocked, clenched fist.

Alex.

That's probably the way some of these girl punchers make a fist. Couple that with the severe threat a drunk chick half their size poses and I would imagine these girl punchers would be in fear for their lives.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;244151 said:
Being completely objective on this here is what I saw.

1. She was trying to stop him from getting to the bar and he was trying to bull his way to the bar - this happens at every bar all over America
2. She was pissed he got to the bar turned around and balled a fist like she was going to hit him - at a minimum she was threatening to hit
3. He grabbed her first to defend himself and she tried to knee him in the groin - I could not tell if she made contact
4. He released her first and she punched him in the face
5. He retaliated and punched her back

Here are my thoughts

1. She should absolutely be charged with assault. Twice she hit him (the knee "assuming contact was made" and the punch)
2. He should have walked away... he should have done this when she tried to knee him and after she hit him.
3. This was NOT self defense. In my opinion for it to be self defense she would have to be able to hurt him. She was not going to hurt him, even with a punch to the face.
4. He should be charged with assault and kicked off the team. Obviously this happened.
5. If there was no video... he would not have been dismissed, but FSU had no choice.

She try to knee him in the groin? I didn't get that at all. I saw that she was in a wrist lock and she used her knee to gain leverage to push herself back to gain separation and try to free herself.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n244185 said:
Yep i have no defense i'm guilty

Now I recognize you. You were in every "COPS" episode weren't you? You were the drunk guy in the trailer with no shirt and the wife with the bloody nose.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n243860 said:
They won't be losing anytime soon. If they replaced Bobby with Jimbo and got lucky they will think they can do it again. And with the success Kelly and Carroll are having in the NFL as former top college coaches I bet that interests Jimbo and the FSU braintrust if you will may just nudge Jimbo towards to the NFL after next season. How much embarrassment can they take in Tally? It has to max out soon doesn't it? Can't actually blame Fisher for his players assaults etc. but he recruits them and they leave a stain at FSU and that cannot be denied.

You're joking right? The big top couldnt be more thrilled to have dumbo as the main attraction.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
divits;n244190 said:
Now I recognize you. You were in every "COPS" episode weren't you? You were the drunk guy in the trailer with no shirt and the wife with the bloody nose.
Yep, you're pretty observant, except i had a t shirt on that read " can't touch this "

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n244194 said:
Yep, you're pretty observant, except i had a t shirt on that read " can't touch this "

tumblr_mltoji2sQI1rmsp9ao1_500.gif

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n244195 said:

Later in the video he hauls off and punches out the chick on the far right. He mistook her "crunk" dancing as a direct threat. So....you know.....she deserved it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n244194 said:

:yes:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n244124 said:
oh yeah he did, well I don't see it that way. not saying i would've punched her lights out but a slap was in order

More Ike and less Mike? I'd be okay with that

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If you keep watching the video a little after the 4 minute mark, is the guy with the hat on backwards at the bar on the left johnson back getting his drink order filled? If so it shows the bar didnt kick him, he's clearly not worried about the girl's nose he just broke and conclusive evidence he's underage drinking.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
GatorTAG;n244241 said:
If you keep watching the video a little after the 4 minute mark, is the guy with the hat on backwards at the bar on the left johnson back getting his drink order filled? If so it shows the bar didnt kick him, he's clearly not worried about the girl's nose he just broke and conclusive evidence he's underage drinking.

Interesting point.

But I'm not gonna go back and watch that train wreck again.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So glad our resident misogynist has shown up to weigh in on the matter. As usual, he's got an army of women at his work supporting his "equal rape for equal pay" and "equal brutal beating for equal pay" mentality. His non-sequiturial "Equal Pay" argument seems to present itself a lot in these discussions, which suggests that perhaps he's been passed up for a promo a few times in favor of a more talented female. In any case, there's a solution for all these 1970s era equal pay bitches. It's called rape and battery, and if you're marching around burning your bra and so forth you got a lot of it coming, little lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.