Future of Kurt Roper

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You would think Doug nussmier would be the favorite to be the next oc.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kurt Ropers' future is bleak round these parts

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n126082 said:
You would think Doug nussmier would be the favorite to be the next oc.
While watching his work at Bammer and at Meechigan, I will say that next once did the thought that "I'd like to have their offense" ever enter my mind, not even for a split second.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126115 said:
While watching his work at Bammer and at Meechigan, I will say that next once did the thought that "I'd like to have their offense" ever enter my mind, not even for a split second.

He did pretty good at Washington and Bama. The Michigan situation was like ours beyond repair.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I don't care who the next OC is, but damn it he better be the only one for at least the next four years or I will start drowning kittens again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n126236 said:
I don't care who the next OC is, but damn it he better be the only one for at least the next four years or I will start drowning kittens again.

no doubt

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n126236 said:

Please reconsider and make that bulldog puppies.:nono:

Attachments

• conv_1547.jpg
    conv_1547.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 30
  • conv_1547.jpg
    conv_1547.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 29

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Dear Friends,May I point out that at least in Germany at 1031am local in 6 Dec I don t know what bowl we ll play in or who we ll play, and that a key issue for Ropers future I think.
Bayergator
ps, who is injured and won t play is also critical.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Some of the comments on here indicate a segment of Gator Nation who believe Roper was free to call the plays as he thought best. There are plenty of indicators to the contrary. I believe Roper, like wies and pease, were handcuffed and I'd like to see what he could do (and maybe learn) under Coach Mac.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BLACKCELL;n129415 said:
Why is Roper On the Recruitment train if he is not staying???

I would like to say :exactly: to this, but Roper also strikes me as a team player, and regardless he wants to work next year whether it is at UF or elsewhere.

Perhaps though, that decision hasnt actually been made yet.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
BLACKCELL;n129415 said:

Because he's got a contract and is getting paid to do it until he's told otherwise, and he hasn't been told otherwise yet.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BLACKCELL;n129415 said:

Because UF is still paying his checks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not only is he still getting paid by UF could it also be that he feels its wayyyyyyyy more to his advantage to try and do his job, show Mac what he can do, and perhaps work for Mac? It's gotta be better working for him than the previous HC and perhaps may be better in the long run??? Just thinking about that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n129503 said:
Not only is he still getting paid by UF could it also be that he feels its wayyyyyyyy more to his advantage to try and do his job, show Mac what he can do, and perhaps work for Mac? It's gotta be better working for him than the previous HC and perhaps may be better in the long run??? Just thinking about that.

Judging from Mac's CSU offense Roper may feel he is better suited to work under him than trying to go it somewhere else. He may also know that he won't be saddled with someone else's choice for QB. As complimentary as Mac was about Muschamp at the press conference he may know what a lot of Gator Nation speculated about Muschamp controlling the workings of the offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n129525 said:
Judging from Mac's CSU offense Roper may feel he is better suited to work under him than trying to go it somewhere else. He may also know that he won't be saddled with someone else's choice for QB. As complimentary as Mac was about Muschamp at the press conference he may know what a lot of Gator Nation speculated about Muschamp controlling the workings of the offense.

I'm sure you agree with the general consensus : Muschamp controlled the misworkings of the offense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
BLACKCELL;n130341 said:
Great points, I feel he will retain his position moving forward.

But wouldnt that mean the same thing for him? I mean JM has his own offense he will most likely take control of....we arent going to run Ropers offense if there is such a thing...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n130359 said:
But wouldnt that mean the same thing for him? I mean JM has his own offense he will most likely take control of....we arent going to run Ropers offense if there is such a thing...

That is the million dollar question, does Roper have an actual offense that is his. His last year at Duke he split game planning duties with the guy who is there offensive coordinator now. And he has followed the Offensive mind of Cutcliffe basically his whole career, who could have also been doing a large part of the game planning duties.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n130361 said:
That is the million dollar question, does Roper have an actual offense that is his. His last year at Duke he split game planning duties with the guy who is there offensive coordinator now. And he has followed the Offensive mind of Cutcliffe basically his whole career, who could have also been doing a large part of the game planning duties.

Exactly. Can he somehow adapt to this new offense and do we really want him to? All I saw from him was a yes man that did whatever champ told him to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.