Future of Kurt Roper

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Roper did fine running an offense prior to coming here under Muschamp. I doubt miracles happen next season but I think under Roper or whoever McElwain chooses it should be much improved.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n130414 said:
Roper did fine running an offense prior to coming here under Muschamp. I doubt miracles happen next season but I think under Roper or whoever McElwain chooses it should be much improved.

I tend to agree. I think whoever it is will do better just by being able to chose their own personnel. RB's, TE's and slot receivers to start.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n130416 said:
I tend to agree. I think whoever it is will do better just by being able to chose their own personnel. RB's, TE's and slot receivers to start.

Yea, it worries me that Roper was the guy touting Driskel and telling us how much he just "got it". That was an epic failure. I also wonder about our starting RB and which receivers were on the bench. Maybe we see a change in the lineup at the toilet bowl? Just seeing a small amount of changes would speak volumes...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
gatormandan;n130421 said:
Yea, it worries me that Roper was the guy touting Driskel and telling us how much he just "got it". That was an epic failure. I also wonder about our starting RB and which receivers were on the bench. Maybe we see a change in the lineup at the toilet bowl? Just seeing a small amount of changes would speak volumes...

We just don't know if Muschamp dictated that Driskel would be the starter. I kind of think that was the case. I know one thing though, somebody needs to get Adam Lane on the damned field, or at least assure him that he will be getting a lot of PT next year and Goolsby. These are 2 guys that I think got sh!t on by Muschamp or Roper or both.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather have roper on the staff than nussmier, but mclewain is going to be running the show

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
gatormandan;n130364 said:
Exactly. Can he somehow adapt to this new offense and do we really want him to? All I saw from him was a yes man that did whatever champ told him to do.

I see multiple sides to this... lets see if I can break them down coherently:

#1 in support of Roper: Yes man syndrome happens, that's what the OC gets paid for. Exhibit 1; Look at McElwain's offenses at Bama compared to CSU and Fresno. He obviously executed the head coach's philosophy.

#2 being critical of Roper: Even though Mac adhered to Saban's offensive philosophy, he executed it to perfection. Game-plans, play-calling, and in game adjustments were superb on the whole. So why wasn't Roper able to pull this off?

Overall, I'd say dump Roper. I'm going with #2 and saying he didn't have "it" as a coach. Only unanswered question is just how much Muschamp meddled with the offense overall. But we probably won't ever really know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n130421 said:
Just seeing a small amount of changes would speak volumes...
Yes it will.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope roper was wrong about Treon. If he's better than grier we have problems

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
t-gator;n130514 said:
Id rather have roper on the staff than nussmier, but mclewain is going to be running the show

Watching Meatchicken's O forces me to have to agree to this choice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n130522 said:
2 being critical of Roper: Even though Mac adhered to Saban's offensive philosophy, he executed it to perfection. Game-plans, play-calling, and in game adjustments were superb on the whole. So why wasn't Roper able to pull this off?
Really?

460x.jpg

Do I even need to further compare the rosters? There is literally no players on our offense that would play on Mac's offenses at Bama. None. Not even Taylor. He'd be the 4th string back.

Attachments

• conv_1594.jpeg
    conv_1594.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • conv_1595.jpg
    conv_1595.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Law98gator;n130531 said:
Really?

460x.jpg

Do I even need to further compare the rosters? There is literally no players on our offense that would play on Mac's offenses at Bama. None. Not even Taylor. He'd be the 4th string back.

OK, that Driskel pic is f-in hilarious! But, some recruits not withstanding, why couldn't Applewhite do jack the year before? Night and day from him to Mac taking the reigns.... AND he was a first year O.C. there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Applewhite, WM's first choice for OC at UF. Wow. What a dud.

I'm not campaigning for Roper. I'm actually quite ambivalent though I'm not excited about Nussmeier in the slightest. I just understand the rationale as to why Roper could be retained.

I actually think he did reasonably well considered he had a freshman, not even an EE, playing QB half the season and a retard the other half.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Law98gator;n130669 said:
Yeah, Applewhite, WM's first choice for OC at UF. Wow. What a dud.

I'm not campaigning for Roper. I'm actually quite ambivalent though I'm not excited about Nussmeier in the slightest. I just understand the rationale as to why Roper could be retained.

I actually think he did reasonably well considered he had a freshman, not even an EE, playing QB half the season and a retard the other half.

I agree overall. Not excited about Nussmeier, even if he turns into Mac's bi***, and am not in any way impressed with Roper's special ed work. Mac needs to go just go out and pull a Saban. Take a chance on an unknown/under-radar guy he thinks will be a great OC and go with it. History will write itself for UF if he turns out to be right (or lucky).

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with whichever way Mac goes with his OC. Because truly Mac will be calling the shots on offense. We all know that the HC controls it. And Mac will be all in with his offense. Roper might actually learn something. It surely wouldn't hurt for him to go out and find a unknown guy and make him an understudy either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.