Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty surprised how open they are being about everything.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe so many posters are over there acting like everything is fine.

Do you not remember that they kicked us in the collective nuts?

They don't deserve our support and page clicks.

Most shocking is coach9 saying it seems like home!

Perplexed, am I.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
And it's interesting that they kept all the posts intact.
Yes, the last time they took down the board, they reset all of the posts to zero. I still have over 2800 over there, and the same "status" of Head Ball Coach. They also vastly improved the formatting.

I'm in a wait and see mode. Let's see how many gravitate back there. Some already have. One thing I know - I just don't have the time to post on two boards regularly, so I might be forced to make a decision. I'm somewhat torn as to what to do.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
deuce coupe;n42172 said:

Perplexed, am I.

I think that everyone is just happy to have something. I know I didn't know about this site till about a half an hour ago.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n42172 said:

Perplexed, am I.

Most of those guys still there, are there because they weren't the regular daily posters and didn't feel the loss of the message board like we did. It was the ones that came and contributed every day, or nearly every day, that shutting the board down affected the most, and most of those people migrated here with us. I can only speak for myself, but it was the way they shut down that board with zero notice like a child pitching a temper tantrum that turned me off to the sun. I can't see myself going back so I REALLY hope ox doesn't give up on this board.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n42187 said:
I think that everyone is just happy to have something. I know I didn't know about this site till about a half an hour ago.

Glad you found us...... Hope you hang around and help us make this the best Gator Chatter Board!

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n42188 said:
Most of those guys still there, are there because they weren't the regular daily posters and didn't feel the loss of the message board like we did. It was the ones that came and contributed every day, or nearly every day, that shutting the board down affected the most, and most of those people migrated here with us. I can only speak for myself, but it was the way they shut down that board with zero notice like a child pitching a temper tantrum that turned me off to the sun. I can't see myself going back so I REALLY hope ox doesn't give up on this board.

Agree but still?

They kicked us in the Nuts and I'll never forget!

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n42153 said:
I'm pretty surprised how open they are being about everything.

Wouldn't help to lie about it.

Sun = Turds!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
deuce coupe;n42190 said:
Glad you found us...... Hope you hang around and help us make this the best Gator Chatter Board!

Thanks and I think I will! Does this site do all the fun threads like the look alike?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator said:
deuce coupe;n42190 said:

Thanks and I think I will! Does this site do all the fun threads like the look alike?
I just laughed out loud at that avatar.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
From their Admin:

Wobble and Gatorbythebay, In the GSMB absence Oxrageous created the site http://gatorchatter.com/ He provided a place for many displaced GSMB members to go. I have great respect for Aaron and will happily post the Oxrageous podcast if he continues to record it. He has a great voice for podcasting.

Alex.
That was nice. They didn't have to do that. Joel Axon is a good guy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n42196 said:

The look-alike thread is alive and well. Feel free to contribute!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
deuce coupe;n42172 said:

Perplexed, am I.

This board is already established. It isn't going anywhere. The Gator Nation is big enough to support several boards. There's also no rule against people using multiple boards.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
NCOGator said:
deuce coupe;n42190 said:

Thanks! I was going to save that till FSU week but I thought what the hell.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
NCOGator said:
deuce coupe;n42190 said:

BABY RUTH!!! SLOTH LOVES CHUNK!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok just got on out here in the west coast and saw this. Has anybody gotten on over there and directed all the folks to come over to this site yet? Hopefully this is just an opportunity to get the last of the lost souls over here. Why support that old place when you can support an actual Gator fan like Ox who puts that much time and effort into building a site just for us?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is what I just posted over there:
I don't know why you guys are back over here posting after what these guys did. Go to gatorchatter.com instead. That is where everybody is. A site built by us for us. A site is just ones and zeros. The MEMBERS are the forum and the members are at gatorchatter.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are enough posters and Gator fans to keep both boards afloat. As a consumer, I like having the choice. I will likely read and post to both depending on content and mood and avoiding fake Gator fans.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
Here is what I just posted over there:
I don't know why you guys are back over here posting after what these guys did. Go to gatorchatter.com instead. That is where everybody is. A site built by us for us. A site is just ones and zeros. The MEMBERS are the forum and the members are at gatorchatter.
Looks like it was already deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator