Gator Country articles

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;10411 said:
Zip. Zero. Nada.
i disagree. Even practice means something considering there is not an infinite amount of them before the season starts.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Every team has practice. Every team has the same amount of off season time. The spring game, of any team, is an indicator of nothing.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Every team has practice, and every time has a head coach. That doesn't mean your head coach means nothing.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Your argument is that the spring game means nothing because it is a practice and every team has practice. I was stating that it makes as much sense as saying because every team has a head coach it doesnt matter who is your head coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n10393 said:
Law, you've really put all your cards on the table. If Muschamp ends up successful, you'll never live it down. Although many feel the odds are in your favor at this point. :lol:
I never really thought about this lol. It will be like those Georgia southern fans sending you emails after that game lmao

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n10425 said:
Logic, we don't need no stinkin logic!

th

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n10393 said:
Law, you've really put all your cards on the table. If Muschamp ends up successful, you'll never live it down. Although many feel the odds are in your favor at this point. :lol:
I would LOVE for Muschimp to be successful. You remember chiding me for being on the bandwagon early on?
Remember commenting on how silly it was to call a guy Champ when he'd never won anything? That wasn't that long ago, pal.

I believed what he said about having a balanced aggressive pro-style offense and thought he meant to run what Weis and/or Peace had run previously. He said he was going to be multiple and unpredictable. We got anything but that. Obviously, I was a silly for believing him.

For me the balloon burst in 12, when he was rebuking the fanbase and praising our offense. It was obviously just what he wanted. Close games, flip a coin at the end. Hope for nothing but heads. He got that in 12. He got nothing but tails in 13. It's his kind of football.

He just doesn't have the tools. Anyone really think when the game is on the line, he's going to do anything but be ultraconservative? Think he'll say keep the offense opened up once we are blowing them out by 6 or 7 points? Hell, no. Dooley/Goofball is in his soul.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
I remember when the GreenBay Packers would come up to the line of Scrimmage, tell you what play they were running and you still couldn't stop them. They didn't have the most talented players but every man knew his job and executed his assignment.
Or the Miami Dolphins the only perfect team at least by record.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
oxrageous;n10393 said:
I would LOVE for Muschimp to be successful. You remember chiding me for being on the bandwagon early on?
Remember commenting on how silly it was to call a guy Champ when he'd never won anything? That wasn't that long ago, pal.

I believed what he said about having a balanced aggressive pro-style offense and thought he meant to run what Weis and/or Peace had run previously. He said he was going to be multiple and unpredictable. We got anything but that. Obviously, I was a silly for believing him.

For me the balloon burst in 12, when he was rebuking the fanbase and praising our offense. It was obviously just what he wanted. Close games, flip a coin at the end. Hope for nothing but heads. He got that in 12. He got nothing but tails in 13. It's his kind of football.

He just doesn't have the tools. Anyone really think when the game is on the line, he's going to do anything but be ultraconservative? Think he'll say keep the offense opened up once we are blowing them out by 6 or 7 points? Hell, no. Dooley/Goofball is in his soul.
I somewhat agree and if he does not keep the pressure on from the offense but rather goes to the very conservative offense we have seen in the past (unless he shreds our opponents by running) he will most likely be replaced. Process and practice produces wins, have good execution and good process and the wins will result. When we won so many games we were lucky, luck always runs out, skill generally does not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree we will probably know if he has truly went total hands off with the offense in the Idaho game. If we don't score in the 40's or we are running basic run plays once we get a 2 TD lead then he is still pushing his philosophy most likely.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I agree we will probably know if he has truly went total hands off with the offense in the Idaho game. If we don't score in the 40's or we are running basic run plays once we get a 2 TD lead then he is still pushing his philosophy most likely.
I doubt they will lay all their cards on the table, before Bamer; however, we should be able to score, at will, against the first 3 teams, running stuff that Bamer knows we will run. That's what I will be looking for. A well coached team, that has superior talent, will score, even if the opponent knows the play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator