Gator fans are owed an apology from snobby sports media

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
greg-mcelroy-sec-nationjpg-890ab8146c729c3d.jpg

Hucksters lives matter !

The more this guy talks, the dumber he becomes.
We know that he has a man crush on Mac but his lunacy goes way beyond his Mac slurping

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Yes I have unrealistic expectations about Gator football. I expect that my Gators will be able to enter any game,and look as though they know what is going on and that the coaches have done their jobs to correct past mistakes and put the team in position to compete every play, every down, regardless of the opponent. I freely admit I really don't like seeing my team lose three games in a row for the first time in decades during which they scored only 40 points. (For you math-challenged sports reporters -- as most of you are -- that is less than 14 ppg.)

Couple that with absolutely no hope that the head coach would do anything to change the offensive ineptitude which resulted in the team's offense being ranked in the 100's for the past three seasons. But as AD Stricklin said, the current mess was about more than W's and L's. It was about a wannabe coach whose arrogance far exceeded his ability. (My words, not his.) It was about a man who thought he had reached the mountain top but was too self-centered to know that the climb had just begun.

And one more thing. I also expect sports reporters to do their jobs and not wait until the boat has sunk to report the leak they knew was there all along.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The liberal agenda machine apologize :lmao2: those crack wipes only apologize and beg for mercy when they hear the hammer click.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Goldy has been fairly good to us. He's called out Mac more times than not. Just want him to see this thread
That's true... or said things like "if you believe the offense will be better this year like Butters thinks" etc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could not agree more.
Especially the comment about our attitudes running off SOS and Meyer. The reality is that the administration's lack of support is what caused SOS to depart and the fear of unending competition is what ran off Meyer.
Or Creyer didn't want to compete with one arm tied behind his back.

He has a gigantic staff now, and anything he wants. The truth is he was NEVER going to get that at UF.

Creyer was fvkked up with his personal issues when he quit, but I suspect he would have considering leaving anyway as it became apparent that UF was refusing to compete.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
F v c k ‘em. Bring on the the hatred. My disdain for them all grows with each passing day as I hear how awful we are.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here was Buddy Martin's swipe. I think this paragraph is complete and utter :kiffin:
Pressure. Excruciating pressure. Unrealistic expectations by the fan base. The demand for overnight success and an unwillingness to allow time for building a program from the ground up or remodeling after a disappointing season. There is almost no margin for error because of the high salary.
http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-never-good-fit/

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
F v c k ‘em. Bring on the the hatred. My disdain for them all grows with each passing day as I here how awful we are.

No offense, because I think you're a great poster. But I really hate the way you tap dance around a subject. Don't be afraid. Just give it to us straight.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I believe Gator fans should brace themselves for a negative narrative from most of the college football media this weekend. My guess is everyone from Corso to Booger will jump on the "poor McElwain" train. I think you'll hear a lot of the Gene Chizik sentiment....that Mac got a bad deal, not enough time, unreasonable fan base, etc. I would put the over/under on hearing the phrase "two SEC East titles in his first two years" at about 178.

Most of this is the result of poor research and the tendency to defend the coaching profession. I don't believe there is any anti-Gator bias in the media and I am not a blanket basher of media members (as a former one myself). It's just that the chain of events surrounding McElwain, to those watching for a distance and without any sense of context, appear to make the UF administration (and fan base) look to be the bad guys.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Does SwampGas count as media?

If so - they probably owe a few over there an apology.
Wonder if their Gator flag is at half mast this week?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Time to openly blast Staples and demand an apology.

Why? Someone needed to ask that question and let Stricklin respond. Stricklin's response was great. That Staples asked the question does not mean that he believes it, but rather that he believe he would get a response the public needed and wanted to hear. I think he did get exactly that kind of response.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
We're spoiled huh, well they should have paid attention to Bama fans when Perkins, Mike Shula, Mike (Clappy) Dubose, Dennis Franchioni and the world famous "It's Rollin Baby" were coaching and then give us a call. Barn is even worse.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Twitter has more more credibility than most of those asshats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.