Gator player tips in FSU's final shot to lose at buzzer

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sometimes the cards are stacked against you. Team hasn't been full strength all season and 3 last second shots. I don't put it on Billy D. They have to beat uconn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n139991 said:
After 4straight elite 8's and a final 4 appearance I think he's allowed to have a down year. What exactly could the guy do differently?
Oh give me a break with this BS. No coach is infallible. Coaches can do better jobs and he'd probably be the first to admit it.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n139991 said:
After 4straight elite 8's and a final 4 appearance I think he's allowed to have a down year. What exactly could the guy do differently?

Haven't had a year like this since the year after the 04s left. I think we should have expected this.

Another thing: Kensucky. I hate to say it, but since that Slimeball took over the Cats have a stranglehold on the best recruiting in college basketball. Its hard to get the best players with what the Cats are doing.

I know its sour grapes, but honestly super teams like that are bad for college basketball, at least to me.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MidwestChomp;n139993 said:
Sometimes the cards are stacked against you. Team hasn't been full strength all season and 3 last second shots. I don't put it on Billy D. They have to beat uconn.

I still blame Jerry World for screwing up our shooting :( YOU DO NOT PLAY A BASKETBALL GAME IN A FOOTBALL STADIUM!!! ITS LIKE PLAYING IN AN OPEN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I bitter

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139994 said:
Oh give me a break with this BS. No coach is infallible. Coaches can do better jobs and he'd probably be the first to admit it.

I'm not saying this is his best coaching job ever but it's a rebuilding year I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's proven he can develop talent and we've got a young team with alot of new pieces. We also don't have a big man that's killing us.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n139993 said:
I don't think it matters at this point.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n139998 said:
I'm not saying this is his best coaching job ever but it's a rebuilding year I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's proven he can develop talent and we've got a young team with alot of new pieces. We also don't have a big man that's killing us.

I kinda figured we'd lose tonight if we didn't have a hot night from the arc. This team is going to struggle badly against any team with a strong frontcourt.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n139999 said:
I don't think it matters at this point.

I think it matters from a team morale point. They need a win against a team that isn't North Florida.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n140001 said:
I think it matters from a team morale point. They need a win against a team that isn't North Florida.
Yea true but our tournament hopes are pretty much dead. Uconn win would be nice. I'm at the point where I just wanna see this group improve over the year and build some chemistry. Pretty much everyone but Horford is coming back.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll wait till the season is played out before I pass judgement on Billy or this team. I'm curious to see if he can get this group into a good groove.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n140004 said:
Yea true but our tournament hopes are pretty much dead. Uconn win would be nice. I'm at the point where I just wanna see this group improve over the year and build some chemistry. Pretty much everyone but Horford is coming back.

Yep.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n140008 said:
I'll wait till the season is played out before I pass judgement on Billy or this team. I'm curious to see if he can get this group into a good groove.

I've already made my judgment of Billy, he's the best coach in the country and we need to go ahead make him the highest paid coach in the country so we don't have to worry about him jumping to the nba at the of every season

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The coach always bears some responsibility. That said, he cannot make layups and free throws...that is on the players. If we make half of the ones we missed, we win by 10. Still feel bad for Kurtz...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n140014 said:
I've already made my judgment of Billy, he's the best coach in the country and we need to go ahead make him the highest paid coach in the country so we don't have to worry about him jumping to the nba at the of every season

I meant regarding this season. I feel the same way about him as you, but he can have years that are better than others.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Billy will straighten it out. I just don't think the Gator Nation needs to deal with any more mediocrity right now

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We spent the last two football seasons inventing new ways to lose football games, now we're inventing new ways to lose basketball games. Gotta hand it to 'em, the ingenuity is impressive.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Kurtz shouldn't see the floor for the next five games. Let him think about just how flat out stupid he was. You don't even see **** like that in JV middle school ball.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n140033 said:
Kurtz shouldn't see the floor for the next five games. Let him think about just how flat out stupid he was. You don't even see **** like that in JV middle school ball.

Can't fault the kid for crashing the boards. If he had just stood there and the FSU player jumped over him and tipped it in, we would have been lambasting him for not hustling. Same thing happened in the UConn game last year. Everyone crashed the boards, and a lucky bounce gave Shabazz a wide open look at the buzzer. Sh*t happens, it's basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.