Gators beat Kentucky at Rupp

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Please accept my sincerest apologies for offending you. I really did not mean it. .
I accept your apology.

Did you notice how complimentary the announcers were about Mike White's inbounds strategy for that game? It was killing the inexperienced babyCats. I'm just saying give credit where credit is due.

Perhaps White and his staff should consult with you on their offensive game plan. Clearly, they are doing nothing other than giving it to Cheese or Hudson and saying "go beat your man." Right?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would NEVER minimize winning at Kentucky. Winning at Rupp is ALWAYS a BIG deal. Historically, no one on the planet fares well at Rupp. We're not the only ones. I LOVE shutting those entitled, arrogant fans up.

And I agree with the posters that say, one, White needs to get on the refs more when games aren't being officiated fairly. Donovan was great at that.

And White sometimes needs to make better in game adjustments.

Hopefully, he'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Everything can use improvement, getting on the refs sometimes does not work as you expect and being somewhat new at this level one must be careful.

Being somewhat handicapped at center causes issues.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great win. Anytime you can get one at Rupp it's a good one, but have to scratch my head as to why pointing out and discussing things that we didn't seem to do well (e.g. shot selection, which to me is an on-going issue) is bad? Igor, who wasn't exactly filling it up from outside, pulling up and jacking a three when we had a 3-on-1 break going defies logic. I know part of our developing identity this season is long range scoring, but if we're cold or the D is making it hard, we might need to work a little harder for a better shot under the circumstances. Ky and others won't help us out with the turnovers in situations like this every time. I think Coach White knows this and is working to improve, but the transition seems slow!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A word of caution. Coming back from a major injury like Egbunu suffered is one thing. Getting yourself in game shape and overcoming the mental hurdle of doubt are yet another.

I sincerely hope he can bridge both. He could be a difference maker down the stretch.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
A word of caution. Coming back from a major injury like Egbunu suffered is one thing. Getting yourself in game shape and overcoming the mental hurdle of doubt are yet another.

I sincerely hope he can bridge both. He could be a difference maker down the stretch.

They do seem to be taking the long view with him and didn’t rush him back too soon. Very deliberate and conservative approach. That should help with getting in game shape (although nothing works better than actually playing in games) but really should impact building his confidence level with the knee.

I like the timeline they’ve set.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.