Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it can, and yet...On Saturdays during the football season, I can actually see those players on the field. I can see those beautiful Orange and Blue uniforms in all their glory representing our great university. I can also see thousands upon thousands hundreds upon hundreds of rabid fans yelling and screaming their heads off for our team. It's a little bit different...

If things keep heading on the current trajectory, then I've FIFY

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Explain why FSU and Georgia have 16 total out of the Rivals top 100 now while we only currently have one of those players?

How exactly would one explain that? If I get invited to a recruiting meeting at the UAA I will be sure to let you know.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Im not sure if you are serious here?

Why would ratings from a service that didnt even exist for a decade, that show almost every player signed for even the top 10 classes were all zero stars?

We have never been reduced to taking FIU, UAB, and Houston Baptist recruits. We have never been this bad even in a transition, and never three years ina row.

Youre the last person in the know on this man. Everyone sees what is going on.

If you read my other posts on this board you will see that I too am a little concerned about recruiting at this point. I still think that we will sign a class ranked around 15 or maybe a little higher. However, it is perplexing that we aren't doing better.

The 247Sports rankings go back to the year 1999. They all appear to be correct, but upon further inspection the 2001 class does seem off. It seems odd that every year before and after would be right, but that one contains an error. It's unclear if the ranking is correct or not.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I agree entirely that transition years are different.

I was not trying to spin or deflect anything. I simply brought up 2001 because of the thread title. It's technically correct because Rivals didn't begin until 2002, but the sentiment that this is the single worst class on record is incorrect. First, there is no class yet as signing day has not arrived. Second, there was a lower ranked class in the not so distant past. The fact that it was a transition class does make a difference.

The sentiment takes into account that this is Mac's 3rd class whereas the 2001 class was a transition year. When you look at the totality of the circumstances I think it's easy to see why this class, as it stands now, is the worst. It seems like you want to disregard the point about whether we are dealing with a new staff or one on its' 3rd class when judging this and instead you are looking strictly at the class rank number in the polls. You are correct that the class isn't yet signed and technically could move up but as of now it's not looking good.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The sentiment takes into account that this is Mac's 3rd class whereas the 2001 class was a transition year. When you look at the totality of the circumstances I think it's easy to see why this class, as it stands now, is the worst. It seems like you want to disregard the point about whether we are dealing with a new staff or one on its' 3rd class when judging this and instead you are looking strictly at the class rank number in the polls. You are correct that the class isn't yet signed and technically could move up but as of now it's not looking good.

I think you misunderstood me. I was agreeing that yes a 3rd year class should be better than a transition year class.

Which is why my post contained the following:

"I agree entirely that transition years are different. "
"The fact that it was a transition class does make a difference."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
a little concerned about recruiting at this point.
Therein lies the problem...a little?

You are a little concerned? Just a little? The worst recruiting three year run in program history and you are only a little concerned.

If Mac was beating everyone with the kids he inherited then I may even agree with you. But he can't beat teams with more talent on a regular basis. Let be real...that defense has carried him to two SEC East titles. The defense. Chump's kids. That kills me to say that. Some folks are in for a real eye opening year 3.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some folks are in for a real eye opening year 3.

Not as many as you think. Most of us see how bad it is and how glum the future looks. We just don't feel the need to browbeat everybody who doesn't see it into submission. They'll get it eventually.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not as many as you think. Most of us see how bad it is and how glum the future looks. We just don't feel the need to browbeat everybody who doesn't see it into submission. They'll get it eventually.

True story. I don't disagree with you. If 2222, was even slightly critical of the staff then I wouldn't go after him/her like that.

Question...in the midst of everything that's going on right now...why would any poster bring up 2001 & 2002 recruiting and call those classes worse?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True story. I don't disagree with you. If 2222, was even slightly critical of the staff then I wouldn't go after him/her like that.

Question...in the midst of everything that's going on right now...why would any poster bring up 2001 & 2002 recruiting and call those classes worse?

I have no idea, I guess he's just trying to show that UF has had a worse recruiting class and survived anyway?:dunno:

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still think that we will sign a class ranked around 15 or maybe a little higher.
Okay I thought it was just jokes before but now I'm 100% convinced you work for the UAA no way anybody not on the payroll still actually believes that.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Because of the thread title.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea, I guess he's just trying to show that UF has had a worse recruiting class and survived anyway?:dunno:
Which he has admitted now is false. And which you should have immediately recognized as false.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Which bottom is the really bottom-bottom?
RaCyWCLnbg-2.png

Gator-Life :weep:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Because you sound like CNN. Too one sided and some statements are wrong.

FYI 2017 was pretty much sealed 2 yrs ago. Today's recruiting class is impacting 19.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Because you sound like CNN. Too one sided and some statements are wrong.

FYI 2017 was pretty much sealed 2 yrs ago. Today's recruiting class is impacting 19.

One sided? I flat out post facts...like we are 35th on rivals as of right now.

I do not make **** up. Feel free to prove that accusation.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
But...but...but....silent commits. SILENT COMMITS!!!!

All is revealed in 4 days.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Which he has admitted now is false. And which you should have immediately recognized as false.

I did not admit it was false. You really have a hard time with reading comprehension.

I said that it was uncertain, but that all the rankings for every other year looked accurate. None of us know for certain. 247Sports has the 2001 class listed at 47.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator