Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You mean it's the worst ever under Mac? Some guys on here will tell you that it's not all that bad…

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not good the local media is picking up on this. My guess is Mac will guarantee its ranked better than 2015 by stuffing what he can in at the end but you also hear he is going to offer 2 most likely - non qualifiers to pump the number up. That goes against what UF has done in the past I think when it comes to them.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well...several of us have been trying to tell everyone (since last year) just how bad this staff is on the trail and unfortunately we we're right. HS coaches across the state don't like Mac and more importantly the kids don't either. Smh...just another collosial f*ck up hire by the University of Florida!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But remember, we are all wrong. Mac is doing a great job and stars are overrated.
So says Dooley, Stricklin, members of Mac's family, and all other clueless people.

Just when I think it can't get worse, I am proven wrong.

I just hope we still have big money boosters that are willing to put up the buy out money. If not, our new goal each year will be the Music City Bowl. But Kentucky and Vandy are getting better so this may be too aggressive.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are running out of words and going hoarse describing this disease debilitating the program...

tumblr_static_elovt75org0sw88o8g0gsgsc0.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is bad to have this perception outside of Gainesville. It's one thing for the Negators to think it. It's an entirely different issue when people on the outside are saying it.

That's a huge problem and I'm not sure what the answer is in the short term.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He already has the lowest ranking, 21st. He's about to top that. Good for McElwain. Something to put on his resume when he looks for his next job.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Forget the class we end up signing, has anyone ever had a worse 2 weeks leading up to NSD? We've had 3 (or more) major news outlets crushing us, a HS coach going off the rails about us, and our highest-profile potential recruits committing elsewhere? Getting your a$$ kicked in the lead up to NSD is a killer when it comes to pulling in those guys who seem to be on the fence. Dashing the hopes of the donors who pay attention to recruiting is no daisy either.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is bad to have this perception outside of Gainesville. It's one thing for the Negators to think it. It's an entirely different issue when people on the outside are saying it.

That's a huge problem and I'm not sure what the answer is in the short term.
They bring it up nearly everyday on Sports Talk in Knoxville: "What in the world is going on in Gainesville? You'd think after going to Atlanta two years in a row they'd be killing it on the recruiting trail". Of course Florida fans are going to be critical but it's another level when others start noticing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They bring it up nearly everyday on Sports Talk in Knoxville: "What in the world is going on in Gainesville? You'd think after going to Atlanta two years in a row they'd be killing it on the recruiting trail". Of course Florida fans are going to be critical but it's another level when others start noticing.

Agree 10000%

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Jim McElwain and this staff have signed/presently have commitments from a total of 20 4* or 5* star recruits in 3 years in charge.

Compare with other teams in our division (4/5* recruits)

UGA: 41

Tennessee: 31

Florida: 20

South Carolina:18 (Yes Muschamp is almost out recruiting Mac at South Carolina)

Kentucky: 10

Missouri:9

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jim McElwain and this staff have signed/presently have commitments from a total of 20 4* or 5* star recruits in 3 years in charge.

Compare with other teams in our division (4/5* recruits)

UGA: 41

Tennessee: 31

Florida: 20

South Carolina:18 (Yes Muschamp is almost out recruiting Mac at South Carolina)

Kentucky: 10

Missouri:9

I wanted to dislike yoru post because of the damn content...lol. I know threat would agree with me when I say...I've been screaming this for a year. My bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator