Gators win Hockey National Championship

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been rooting for UF sports since my family moved to Gainesville in the summer of '89, and this is the first time I ever heard that they actually have a hockey team. Seriously, I had never even heard them mentioned. Part of me thought those pictures of hockey players in the orange and blue were photoshopped.

Where the hell does the team even practice? Ain't many ice rinks in Florida that I'm aware of. I wasn't aware there were any in the Gainesville area.

Jacksonville

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For you, I will drive all the way to Dalton or Cartersville. There was a time when Id never consider get put out of my misery in Jyorja, but now it seems kind of fitting.

I will drive a bit farther than the middle point if you agree to not get into a debate with me about fashion again. I know how you feel about my cargo shorts and burkies.

I’ve come to terms with it. Took some counseling, and I’m still not entirely comfortable with those group sessions, but I’ve only really been asked to leave like two or three, so I feel at peace with things. No idea how you handle the ice and snow in them though.

1710516609923.jpeg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ve come to terms with it. Took some counseling, and I’m still not entirely comfortable with those group sessions, but I’ve only really been asked to leave like two or three, so I feel at peace with things. No idea how you handle the ice and snow in them though.

View attachment 68293
those look ghey as fuk... I'll bet you've got this to match them...
290574_116_41

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
290574_116_41
I noticed that you not only took the time to match the brown leathers pretty well but you even nailed the oiled brass buckles. Well done, Sir. Looks sharp!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
290574_116_41

Those aren’t mine. So you’ve now insulted a guy who’s headed south through garbage Kentucky to his ultimate demise in a field at the hands of an internet friend(actually Urg asked if he could go as well, hope that’s cool) and then mock the belt he’s likely wearing. Nice.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
l for one am overjoyed at this stunning accomplishment. Increase the UF hockey budget immediately! $23, 462.05 raise right now!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF has an amazing club sports program. I was president of the Tae Kwon Do club a few years. We had to do a big presentation with a budget for the year. Then the sports club advisory team would make recommendations. Many teams did get a decent amount.

I believe the hockey team actually practices in Jacksonville. But this is really cool. Hockey champs baby! Lot of smiles today!

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

Did the same with the University backed skydiving club. The advisory board actually gave us money to to this :lol:

Also, the club hockey teams have been around forever. I went out on few dates with a chick who played on the UF girl's hockey club team in around 99.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I was at UF, the Rugby team was the popular club sport. Bunch of those dudes rented a house on University, maybe a mile or so past the President's house. They were pretty good back in the 90's.

Alex.

Poman

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2016
Good job boys! I would absolutely love a hockey themed Gators hat. Mostly to see people's reactions. Although I do love hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.