Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You never know, my friend. That's why I qualified the question to include how willing is UF to open the checkbook. In truth, the poll is probably premature in that we really need to know whether Mac is dismissed with cause. The 9 million buyout materially affects the decisionmaking.

I like the list. These are the names I hear the most and the ones I’ve seen mentioned on the “list”. I just have no confidence that we’ll go after the best coach vs. trying to play the budget game. A “bargain” now will end up costing us for the next several years. We are living proof of that right now. I’m assuming the worst this time as I’ve been sorely disappointed in recent memory...

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Will Frost's offense work with Corral? Haven't paid much attention to UCF this year, but I'm assuming it looks something like Oregon's use to.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the list. These are the names I hear the most and the ones I’ve seen mentioned on the “list”. I just have no confidence that we’ll go after the best coach vs. trying to play the budget game. A “bargain” now will end up costing us for the next several years. We are living proof of that right now. I’m assuming the worst this time as I’ve been sorely disappointed in recent memory...

Depends who's the target. Nebraska could take Frost's bidding from $3 million to $4.2 thereabout. Without a Mac buyout, I see no issue. With one, well, now you expand the discussion to include a lot of other factors.

I know Foley. I'm not sure how well I know Stricklin.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Just hoping Stricklin doesn't strike out multiple times and he just lets Shannon have it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Depends who's the target. Nebraska could take Frost's bidding from $3 million to $4.2 thereabout. Without a Mac buyout, I see no issue. With one, well, now you expand the discussion to include a lot of factors.

The money should not be a concern. Look at the money we’ve pissed away in the last 6 years...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will Frost's offense work with Corral? Haven't paid much attention to UCF this year, but I'm assuming it looks something like Oregon's use to.

No.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The money should not be a concern. Look at the money we’ve pissed away in the last 6 years...

By the way....it may be going down right now as far as Mac in concerned....

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Depends who's the target. Nebraska could take Frost's bidding from $3 million to $4.2 thereabout. Without a Mac buyout, I see no issue. With one, well, now you expand the discussion to include a lot of other factors.

I know Foley. I'm not sure how well I know Stricklin.
I think the admin going budget route has to be a lesson to them here. They can't let the buyout influence what they do contract wise in searching and offering a coach. If they do, the failures will snowball. They need to take the money hit and move on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well that sucks, really wanted Corral here. Seems to really like the school, and he's been our best recruiter in years.

He's a dropback guy. He does run well, but I highly doubt he wants to put himself into a situation where his body is punished from all the running.

That's why I speculated that Mac's Hail Mary was hiring SOS as his OC to develop Corral into a winner. We'll never see that.

And, who knows, the new guy, no matter who it is, Frost included, could go to Corral and convince him to stay.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hey, I want Corral here as much as anyone, but him fitting the offense of the coach I want is not a concern to me. We can't search for a coach with an offense to fit a recruit, its the other way around. Get the best coach possible, then good things will happen. Either Corral will fit or he won't.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
He's a dropback guy. He does run well, but I highly doubt he wants to put himself into a situation where his body is punished from all the running.

That's why I speculated that Mac's Hail Mary was hiring SOS as his OC to develop Corral into a winner. We'll never see that.

And, who knows, the new guy, no matter who it is, Frost included, could go to Corral and convince him to stay.
That could still happen. Can add another assistant coach. QB coach?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
50/50 you've never heard of the guy
Our when you do, you think.... I've heard that name... let me think.... THAT MORON WHO LOST TO LES MILES 9-6 WHEN THEY BOTH TRIED TO BASH THE MIDDLE FOR THE WHOLE DAMN GAME?

Then, what OC? THE GUY THAT JUST GOT FIRED FROM MICHIGAN AFTER HE GOT EMBARRASSED BY SABAN WHO HIRED KIFFIN FIRST THEN TOLD HIM TO LEAVE?

Then, what DC? THAT GUY THAT MULLEN RIDICULED FOR 15 MINUTES ON ESPN FOR GIVING UP 500 YARDS AND 40 POINTS TO OLE MISS?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've never seen Law this upbeat. I think it's added 10 years to his life.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You should have Mike Leach on the list. You should also have The Field to cover all the other coaches we've never heard of.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should have Mike Leach on the list. You should also have The Field to cover all the other coaches we've never heard of.

UF is not hiring Leach. As to the field, just feel free to add your comments. There are only 10 poll fields available. I tried to fill them with the most likely candidates as seen through the eyes of UF.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cover 2 is my first choice. If he declines, then Law Donkey should be called. if we can't land those gems, then a consortium of the Gatorchatter board should be put together and placed in charge of the football program!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator