• Justin Fuente

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF is not hiring Leach. As to the field, just feel free to add your comments. There are only 10 poll fields available. I tried to fill them with the most likely candidates as seen through the eyes of UF.
giphy.gif

Punto

BANNED
Jan 22, 2015
My top three "realistic" choices: Bob Stoops, Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen. I'd be fine with any of them.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
My top three "realistic" choices: Bob Stoops, Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen. I'd be fine with any of them.
It sounds like Stoops is really done with coaching. Mullen and then Strong would be safe hires if we whiffed on an up-and-comer like Frost.

My money is on Mullen due to his relationship with Strickland and he's somewhat proven he can manage an SEC program. I know most dislike Mullen but he's done a great job at such a hard place to win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will Frost's offense work with Corral? Haven't paid much attention to UCF this year, but I'm assuming it looks something like Oregon's use to.

Yes. His offense can run with or without a mobile QB. For the last 3 years, his offense hasn't really had a running QB. Milton is more like a Grier or Franks. He is mobile, but doesn't need to be running. He'll probably finish with about 300-350 yards rushing. The most since he had Mariota.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You sure about that? It looks like UCF's QB only gets credited with like 6 runs a game this year and their yards are really slanted to passing yards.

What are these "yards" you speak of?:lmao2: I am not familiar with that term or what it means other than my grass or lawn?:lmao2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You sure about that? It looks like UCF's QB only gets credited with like 6 runs a game this year and their yards are really slanted to passing yards.

If he runs six times a game, he probably runs twice that many times and pitches to a back the difference. The body is still at risk. That's the run option.

Could Frost adapt? Would Frost want to adapt? That I don't know.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This not an endoresement so no yelling at me. Some of those names are not overly realistic, but a guy like Kevin Sumlin might be? I am not the biggest fan, but I would take him over Butters. I think he might get whacked and he seems to care about offense which would satisfy the masses. Just thinking out loud, again not endorsing. I would prefer someone more detail oriented.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should have Mike Leach on the list. You should also have The Field to cover all the other coaches we've never heard of.
If we hire him, I'm buying a pirate hat.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This not an endoresement so no yelling at me. Some of those names are not overly realistic, but a guy like Kevin Sumlin might be? I am not the biggest fan, but I would take him over Butters. I think he might get whacked and he seems to care about offense which would satisfy the masses. Just thinking out loud, again not endorsing. I would prefer someone more detail oriented.
If he brought his DC(Chavis)? I'd be down with Sumlin. Their defense has been decent the last 2 years and with the offensive talent in this state I think he's win but he needs a very good dual purpose QB to do so. But man with the recruiting ties he has around the country and then open up Florida to him...we could be scary good within a short time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frost in a landslide.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
the only question about Frost is can we win time of possession with him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As a minimum, I want some dude who isn't too fat to stand Florida summers and needs to vacation in Montana for months at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator