Getting to know Luke Del Rio

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Del rio is working on his 3rd transfer and there's been some conflicting reports about how good he is.
He isn't working on shyt. He wanted to sign with Mac or Nusschamp and did. Nusschamp left and any sane person would transfer rather than play for Kiffy. He goes to a prostyle OC at Oregon State in a stable program, then the HC up and leaves and the new guy brings in a spread running offense.

I don't blame him for either transfer. He then transfers to us, to be reunited with the guys he has always wanted to work with. It's not like he's jetting across the country begging for a starting job and moving every time it doesn't work out.

He may be terrible, I don't know, but I don't blame him for leaving Kiffen.

As for Franks, he looks like almost every freshman. All freshmen are raw. He is a hell of a lot more ready than Eason however. I don't know why you insisted on deep throating that kid coming from trash competition who has the same figure that my teenage daughter did (and apparently shops at the same stores). You guys bytched about how light Grier was and Eason weighs less and is three inches taller.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I did, and a "Drizzy" pick six or two would've lost that one for us, the same way it did countless times when he was here.
You guys are stuck in the past. 457 yards, 3 tds and no ints. Treon didn't have 457 yards in his last 3. games which included FAU, a cusa team. You shouldn't let your disappointment in his UF career skew your judgment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't working on shyt. He wanted to sign with Mac or Nusschamp and did. Nusschamp left and any sane person would transfer rather than play for Kiffy. He goes to a prostyle OC at Oregon State in a stable program, then the HC up and leaves and the new guy brings in a spread running offense.

I don't blame him for either transfer. He then transfers to us, to be reunited with the guys he has always wanted to work with. It's not like he's jetting across the country begging for a starting job and moving every time it doesn't work out.

He may be terrible, I don't know, but I don't blame him for leaving Kiffen.

As for Franks, he looks like almost every freshman. All freshmen are raw. He is a hell of a lot more ready than Eason however. I don't know why you insisted on deep throating that kid coming from trash competition who has the same figure that my teenage daughter did (and apparently shops at the same stores). You guys bytched about how light Grier was and Eason weighs less and is three inches taller.
When did I bitch about how thin grier is? And I've said all those same things about del rio already. My point is,we need as many guys possible competing for the starting job because there are so many unknowns with that position. And what does Eason have to do with anything?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Drop back passer, option runner, under center, shotgun, pro set --- whatever. Height, weight, loud, quiet, looks good on paper, strong arm, weak arm, raw or deep fried -- whatever. Game manager or baller -- whatever. All of that enters into the picture, but if a quarterback doesn't have leadership then you don't have nothing. Some quarterbacks are this and some are that, but all really good ones are leaders. So what kind of leader is this Del Rio guy? That's what you need to know.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Go back and recall the QBs who played under Mac at Alabama. Nothing flashy. Just good game managers who could execute the playbook and efficiently run what to me is an opportunistic offense.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
You guys are stuck in the past. 457 yards, 3 tds and no ints. Treon didn't have 457 yards in his last 3. games which included FAU, a cusa team. You shouldn't let your disappointment in his UF career skew your judgment.
I guess the games against the two Mississippi schools he played this season were also "in the past".

73 yard pick 6 against Cowbell and 3 picks(1 of them being a pick 6) and 3 fumbles against Southern Miss.

Same old Driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Forget it SGG, he has been drinking rubbing alcohol again and is on some crazy hallucination.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for making my point. LOL
No I love Chris Leak and the NC he brought us; however he wasn't an elite QB like Tebow, Wuerffel or Spurrier.
He was very much an elite QB, but he didnt have coach who knew how to use an elite QB who didnt also happen to be an elite Fullback.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for making my point. LOL
No I love Chris Leak and the NC he brought us; however he wasn't an elite QB like Tebow, Wuerffel or Spurrier.
He was better than Bell.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Go back and recall the QBs who played under Mac at Alabama. Nothing flashy. Just good game managers who could execute the playbook and efficiently run what to me is an opportunistic offense.
Yeah, along with the best offensive line and running game in football - Heisman winner after Heisman winner. That makes it a bit easier to be a "game manager".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, along with the best offensive line and running game in football - Heisman winner after Heisman winner. That makes it a bit easier to be a "game manager".
There's a few of us that keep bringing up this point but I guess its falling on deaf ears. Game managers work when everything around them is solid. Game manager win titles when everything around them is excellent. I'm not aware of any other situations where game managers win big.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a few of us that keep bringing up this point but I guess its falling on deaf ears. Game managers work when everything around them is solid. Game manager win titles when everything around them is excellent. I'm not aware of any other situations where game managers win big.
Agreed. I think Kerwin Bell's success was largely due to the players around him. Great line, great RB's and at least one great WR.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bell will always be high on my list as one of the best QBs at Florida. Watching him in that Auburn game is the reason I am the fanatic Gator Fan that I am.
I love Bell as a Gator, and I was at the 86 Auburn game as a student. One of my greatest Gator memories. Later that year he also threw the late TD in the rain to win at FSU. However, we struggled in 86 and 87 when the great O-line and RB's left.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Are you suggesting we go light on our blocking priorities? Maybe Mac is trying to replicate it here to whatever degree he can. He's committed to a balanced offense and he even brought his balanced-minded successor at Alabama with him to help implement it.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing to remember about Del Rio, is his daddy. His daddy has money. So the son didn't have to take the college situation he was handed when he originally went to Bama. So he went to Oregon. Well, again, because of who the sons daddy is, he didn't have to stick with what he was handed at Oregon either. He came to Florida to play for the people that he really WANTS to play for. I think Gator Nation is going to be really surprised about this kid next year. Even if he doesn't win the starting job, he'll be solid and stick around in case things don't go well with Franks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.