:grin:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I just finished the defense breakdown.

The DL got their hands up in the throw lane. Batted at least 2 balls. Great technique.

As a unit, they are playing very disciplined.

I'm seeing all kinds of good that hasn't been seen since Chump was around.

Bright future on that side of the ball.

Still young so I'm expecting some break downs.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
According to the SECN analysts, CBN schematically handed the Vuls their butts last Saturday. At least in the run game.
In the run game and defense, yes. The passing game was good enough, but could have been better. There were times when one Tennessee defender could cover two wide receivers at the same time, just because of the route combos. There are other instances of routes just taking too long to develop. We don't have nearly as much success off of the play action as we need to because of these reasons. Obviously, some of the plays are going to work fine and do well and there's a lot of parts this offense where they can be successful, but it's just not at the level of what Spurrier did in the 90s, Meyer in the 2000s, or even Mullen in 2020.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We're a pretty mediocre offense so far this year. I'm sure KY will stack the box. Can we respond?
We asked this same effing question before the UT game. We had damn near 300 yards at halftime.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We asked this same effing question before the UT game. We had damn near 300 yards at halftime.

Not that 3 weeks of data tell a complete picture, but if Uk is even worse at tackling than the vols after the opening 3 opponents they’ve faced, then they’ve taken a serious step back defensively. At least ut has us(mostly MJ and ETN) to blame for their numbers. They also faced Virginia which is at least kind of P5. Uk has faced all G5.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We have UK's attention after beating the Vols, I'm sure of that. I hope Vandy catches them flat and tenderizes them some this weekend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We have UK's attention after beating the Vols, I'm sure of that. I hope Vandy catches them flat and tenderizes them some this weekend.

Other than the shoddy doors and windows, the no fridge situation and that random pipe sticking up in the yard, how was it hanging out at Crete’s house today?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Scoring drives of 75, 82 and 55 yards vs UT. Wont count the Int return plus penalty.

I think they responded pretty well being game 3 with young players at WR/TE vs a pretty stout Defense

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
READ MY LIPS

How did they respond to a stacked box? Tenn didn't stack the box in the first half. So you can't answer that.

That question will be answered against KY.

The question is 100% legit and has not been answered (except for the loss to Utah).

So, in 3 games you say your question hasnt been answered, then in the same breath reference the first game that answered your question of how we respond to numbers in the box?
Ill go out on a limb and say IF KY stacks the box, we'll pass more (like we did Week 1)

Utah's pass D is averaging less yards than KYs and theyve played teams not named E. Kentucky / Akron

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Dont get mad at me, I just read your lips and answered you.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Where did I reference the first game?

The first game offense was a cluster. Some of that may just be a first game, on the road, choke.

We may respond completely differently to a stacked box in game 4.

By completely differently, I mean less penalties, better pass blocking, better route running, better play calling. (ie more effectively).

(The defense will be ready)
The execution was a cluster, but the answer to how we will respond is still there. KYs secondary isnt a strength and will be attacked should they stack up to stop ETN/Trell

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator