Go Army! Beat Navy!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Officers are not given an MOS, just a branch identifier because they're supposed to be able to do all of the jobs.

Everyone in the Infantry is taught to call for fire. That's kinda important to know. Not everyone does it but it's good to know. Just like reading a map.

Heck, I used to work out on Cav Country at Campbell because that was the biggest gym on post. We also had LRRP and Pathfinders out there.
What’s with mentioning officers? We’re only talking enlisted.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What’s with mentioning officers? We’re only talking enlisted.
I mentioned both.

A lot of the stuff you mentioned that 19Ds do, Infantry are taught the same things in basic.

Where you are getting confused is why we are having this discussion. You cav guys wish you were Infantry and even say you do everything the Infantry does. NO INFANTRYMAN EVER SAYS WE DO EVERYTHING THE CAV DOES.
No Infantryman says"we're basically cav".

Face it, there are two jobs in the military: Infantry and support.

But, what do I know. I was a 47B, cook.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I mentioned both.

A lot of the stuff you mentioned that 19Ds do, Infantry are taught the same things in basic.

Where you are getting confused is why we are having this discussion. You cav guys wish you were Infantry and even say you do everything the Infantry does. NO INFANTRYMAN EVER SAYS WE DO EVERYTHING THE CAV DOES.
No Infantryman says"we're basically cav".

Face it, there are two jobs in the military: Infantry and support.

But, what do I know. I was a 47B, cook.
Hell, I don't even know what infantry looks like, they were always behind us, in support.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I don't even know what infantry looks like, they were always behind us, in support.
Cav guys are like Marines. Claim to be the first to fight after the Airborne units jump in and secure the area.

IMG_4065.jpeg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Never? That tells me you were never on jump status. You were Infantry and never heard people make fun of the Mikes, Hotels or Charlies?
And again, you were a reservist so you're a step up from the AF and the Kiss Army.
I wasn't ever on jump status. I actually walked with a ruck like a grunt. I had both 19 and 11 series MOS's as an enlisted soldier and did both jobs at different times, then did other stuff when I commissioned. I've spent time in both active and reserve capacities, and in combat theaters.

No one's here giving anyone some fun business about whether they fired morters or carried a saw. You're disparaging anyone's service who doesn't have a cib. Basically saying if someone isn't you, they suck. Ok hero, I'll just assume you've got plenty of combat time, confirmed kills and a rack like a Mexican general bc your opinion of yourself compared to others certainly makes it seem that way. Homer J, a real life Rambo story.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
From the perspective of the Air Force, I understand the discussion of badge proliferation. Once there were rated officers (pilots and lessor crew members) and support wienies. Then we added pocket rockets so men physically unqualified to fly could wear a badge for sitting in an air conditioned bunker and reading Playboy (later Penthouse). Then admin badges, spaceops badges, force protection badges (different from cop badges), maintenance badges, JAG badges, Air Staff badges, latrine badges, etc. It got so you couldn't tell a steely eyed defender of democracy from a swivel chair hussar buying hair gel at the BX.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't ever on jump status. I actually walked with a ruck like a grunt. I had both 19 and 11 series MOS's as an enlisted soldier and did both jobs at different times, then did other stuff when I commissioned. I've spent time in both active and reserve capacities, and in combat theaters.
POGs always talk about their time in a “combat theater”. LOL

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Or, helped a poor soul Marine on the beach calling in NGFS.
I can drop a 5" 38 air burst, on yall's worst enemy and cover an entire football field with shrapnel. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever cooked breakfast for 1,000 soldiers?

Your mother has…

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Excuse the interruption. Who won the fvkking football game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.