Good news!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
There is nothing sexist about having a preference. I don't want to hear any woman calling a game - unless maybe she's hot.

Allow me to be sexist for a moment...no woman should call a football game, hot or not. Keep the babes on the sidelines for the occasional gratuitous interview that displays windblown hair, plenty of leg and maybe some cleavage.

OK...sexist moment done with.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Three things I look (listen?) for in an announcer...
1. Knowledge of the game
2. The ability to effectively convey the action (this is why Mick Hubert is good - he can jump from sport to sport)
2. Quality of the voice

I don't get the sense that Beth has much of #1 (except Softball), marginal at #2 and fails at #3...
For me it has nothing to do with her gender as there are probably several women on sports shows that could possibly do play by play:
Michelle Beadle and Suzy Kolber come to mind - but besides the 49rs radio announcer I posted earlier... where are they?

Is it that the networks feel it couldn't work so they assign them sideline/studio duty?
Don't know...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Three things I look (listen?) for in an announcer...
1. Knowledge of the game
2. The ability to effectively convey the action (this is why Mick Hubert is good - he can jump from sport to sport)
2. Quality of the voice

I don't get the sense that Beth has much of #1 (except Softball), marginal at #2 and fails at #3...
For me it has nothing to do with her gender as there are probably several women on sports shows that could possibly do play by play:
Michelle Beadle and Suzy Kolber come to mind - but besides the 49rs radio announcer I posted earlier... where are they?

Is it that the networks feel it couldn't work so they assign them sideline/studio duty?
Don't know...
I don't care how knowledgeable they are, I don't want to hear a woman's voice call a game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I want to hear a woman say during a football game is "You boys ready to order?"

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tWZEH1w.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This chick is as hot in person. Shhe was on the sidelines for the IMG @ Greyson high school game.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I want to hear a woman say during a football game is "You boys ready to order?"
I know what you mean. It's certainly sexist, for sure. She's a fair analyst but...In fact, I don't like the fact that all the sport talk shows now have window dressing, usually taking the lead on the panels.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I notice almost none of the female sports anchors or sideline reporters are ugly. Which is also sexist as it objectifies women.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I notice almost none of the female sports anchors or sideline reporters are ugly. Which is also sexist as it objectifies women.
yes this fact disturbs me greatly....
Said no one ever

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Is it me, or does it seem like she puts on a dude voice when calling games? Or maybe that's how she talks.

I think you may be right, she sounds kind of normal in this one... fast forward to about 3:05...and then at 37:40 :headslap:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.