Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should've kicked his ass. Twice.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I get it. The film will sort of exonerate the player that hit Luke. He was tripping as he went for LDR

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
From the replay I couldn't tell that is was intentional. I'm trying to remember when one of our coaches, or any coach, has run out on the field and bowed up against the opponent. Frankly I'm kind of embarrassed by it. UNT is a school a few miles up the road. Hell my kid may end up going there in a few years.

Yeah I know Zook and Muschamp frequently lost control of themselves but I don't recall them almost starting a brawl in the swamp. If it had been blatantly intentional I would be more sympathetic but I just didn't see that.

Homers feel free to fire at will.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well McElwain's grandstand is probably what got Ivey kicked out. We have just come off of a head coach who could not maintain his poise. We don't need another.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think it was intentional either and am not crazy about how he handled himself, however, I do love how much he cares about his players.

He's had 2 blow ups in 2 years. I'm not overly concerned he's the next Muschamp.

To be honest, he was probably more pissed that he had to turn to Appleby than anything else :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. The film will sort of exonerate the player that hit Luke. He was tripping as he went for LDR

Cant 100% tell if he started tripping but if he didn't he definitely timed his dive wrong because he landed on his knee before hitting Del Rio.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I guess what is concerning is he isn't setting a terribly good example of maintaining composure and controlling himself. If it is OK for him to run out on the middle of the field and start a fight, how can he bag on players who do so?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I guess what is concerning is he isn't setting a terribly good example of maintaining composure and controlling himself. If it is OK for him to run out on the middle of the field and start a fight, how can he bag on players who do so?

I don't know the answer. He made a mistake and I'm sure feels bad about it. This isn't common with him so I'll give him a pass.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because he didn't. He ran out there to finish what was a low tackle, and cheap tackle.
It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what his players think, and they love it. They are flat out saying it shows he has their back. That's a good thing, they'll fight harder for him and care about what he has to say.

It's not like he does this every week. He's no muschump!

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Because he didn't. He ran out there to finish what was a low tackle, and cheap tackle.
It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what his players think, and they love it. They are flat out saying it shows he has their back. That's a good thing, they'll fight harder for him and care about what he has to say.

It's not like he does this every week. He's no muschump!

I'm not going to crucify Mc for it. Everybody makes mistakes. But I think it was a mistake a reflects poorly on the university. Seems to me if you watch the replay it didn't look like he trying to take him out per se. He lost balance with a little bit of a push and hit him low.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to crucify Mc for it. Everybody makes mistakes. But I think it was a mistake a reflects poorly on the university. Seems to me if you watch the replay it didn't look like he trying to take him out per se. He lost balance with a little bit of a push and hit him low.
Doesn't reflect poorly on him, the University, or anything else. Believe it or not, players want a coach that will defend them, that's what he did.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are looking at it with Orange and Blue goggles.
No, I'm looking at it from the players perspective, and if you want to win games, they matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator