Great quote from Mac

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhhh. I don't even think I would have thrown a flag on the play. It looked less intentional to me than when the Tinerc player purposefully threw himself onto Driskel's legs.

However, I have the benefit of seeing it several times in slow motion. Mac didn't.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Mac had a diplomatic post-game handshake/mid-field meeting with NT head coach and all is normal there. Also, Mac may have been pre-disposed for such an outburst. He mentioned this injury scenario has happened in prior NT games though he doesn't believe their players are coached to do it. Need to move on to Tennessee prep and put this incident in rear view mirror.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. The film will sort of exonerate the player that hit Luke. He was tripping as he went for LDR
That's right. I probably need to see the film one more time but it didn't look like a cheap shot to me. I thought it was very bad form for Mac to behave like that even though it sent an "I love you" message. That behavior caused us to lose a much needed OL for much of the Tennessee game unless I don't know the rules.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhhh. I don't even think I would have thrown a flag on the play. It looked less intentional to me than when the Tinerc player purposefully threw himself onto Driskel's legs.

However, I have the benefit of seeing it several times in slow motion. Mac didn't.
I only saw it once on replay. The penalty was a sympathy call unless it's against the rules to tackle below the waist. It was reminiscent of the tackle that knocked Palmer out for the season when he was with Cincinnati and that was not a cheap shot either. Mac needs to get his s..t together.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about Mac losing it last night. He got it straight with the coach at midfield after the game. I don't think it was intentional but damn, that sucks for LDR. Carry on Mac, time to prep for TN.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about Mac losing it last night. He got it straight with the coach at midfield after the game. I don't think it was intentional but damn, that sucks for LDR. Carry on Mac, time to prep for TN.

It looked to me as if Mac was telling him "You took out my QB. If I get fired over this I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you"

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It looked to me as if Mac was telling him "You took out my QB. If I get fired over this I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you"

Probably more like,"do you know who this kid's father is? There'll be someone at your doorstep waiting on you when you get home."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say that being a leader is more than having players like you.
You're right, coaches should put on a tie, sit on the sideline, shut up, and never stick up for their players :jerkit:
I mean, why would anyone ever want their players to respect them and fight for them. Yup, just shut up coach, L-boy says you're an ass and you are single handedly ruining the school.
:lmao2:

Gaining respect from your players is apparently not leadership anymore. But I guess L-boy has a better definition for everything. Maybe he'd prefer we play flag football too, you know , for the snowflakes that might get their feelings hurt by a coach that shows a little emotion every once and a while. Get the fck outta here with that crap.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, coaches should put on a tie, sit on the sideline, shut up, and never stick up for their players :jerkit:
I mean, why would anyone ever want their players to respect them and fight for them. Yup, just shut up coach, L-boy says you're an ass and you are single handedly ruining the school.
:lmao2:

Gaining respect from your players is apparently not leadership anymore. But I guess L-boy has a better definition for everything. Maybe he'd prefer we play flag football too, you know , for the snowflakes that might get their feelings hurt by a coach that shows a little emotion every once and a while. Get the fck outta here with that crap.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i think its easy to sit back and watch replay after replay, and in slow motion, to decide that it wasn't intentional, while Mac just saw what happened in "real time".

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac reacted because he was pissed thinking he saw a promising season ruined before it got started and because he said that N. Texas has been called on those cheap shots before. If they have a history of it then it's kind of understandable why he would reactso quickly like he did. In reflection I think he realized he over reacted in the heat of the moment. It happens.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's right. I probably need to see the film one more time but it didn't look like a cheap shot to me. I thought it was very bad form for Mac to behave like that even though it sent an "I love you" message. That behavior caused us to lose a much needed OL for much of the Tennessee game unless I don't know the rules.
Ivie is not out for Tennessee.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When your defense has completely shut the apposing team down and next week is an important game it is.
Meh. Still not typically a time you pull them with that low of a score. I understand the second guessing and the coulda shoulda woulda's, I do, but I stand by what I posted.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is great Mac came to the defense of his player. Wheeler has now sent two QBs to the locker room for low hits. North Texas is hot garbage.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was early in the 3rd and only 19-0.
Not typically a time and score when you pull your starting QB.

URG, I didn't realize it was in 3rd Q at 19-0 ? That means with AA under center
we scored 13 points in less than half the time that LDR got us 19. Does this mean
anything positive on AA ? Hope so. We better be able to ram it down the throat of
UT's DL with our stable of RBs.

Correction >> LDR led us to 17 points (minus the 2-pt safety) ... then, having to kick a
FG is not a success of the QB, just the opposite. That's minus 3, so LDR-led success
got us 14. AA-led Gators got us 13-- in less TOP? Is that correct ? With LDR we had too
many flops in the Red Zone ... against a creampuff ?? I'm not criticizing just trying to see
it as it was.

Last edited:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
URG, I didn't realize it was in 3rd Q at 19-0 ? That means with AA under center
we scored 13 points in less than half the time that LDR got us 19. Does this mean
anything positive on AA ? Hope so. We better be able to ram it down the throat of
UT's DL with our stable of RBs.

Correction >> LDR led us to 17 points (minus the 2-pt safety) ... then, having to kick a
FG is not a success of the QB, just the opposite. That's minus 3, so LDR-led success
got us 14. AA-led Gators got us 13-- in less TOP? Is that correct ? With LDR we had too
many flops in the Red Zone ... against a creampuff ?? I'm not criticizing just trying to see
it as it was.

Technically that is correct. Points per minute with Appleby was much better.

But that is somewhat deceptive. We ran the ball really well in the 4th quarter, And often. Had some nice runs against a tiring defense. Appleby only had 4 passing attempts in 1.x quarters.

OTOH, I was surprised to see from the BoxScore that while Appleby's QBR was only 45.4, LDR's was almost identical, at 46.5. Seeing those numbers reminds me of being being annoyed with LDR on the long throws, the receivers always had to slow up to wait for the ball (allowing the DB to catch up) ... and he threw into double or even triple coverage way too much.

We seemed to have a lot of redzone penalties, which are killers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.