Great quote from Mac

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LDR looked injured early on. Most throws were short. I remember seeing a shot of his face where he appeared to be wincing and I dont know why. Appleby worries me in a pressure situation that he will throw INTs.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URG, I didn't realize it was in 3rd Q at 19-0 ? That means with AA under center
we scored 13 points in less than half the time that LDR got us 19. Does this mean
anything positive on AA ? Hope so. We better be able to ram it down the throat of
UT's DL with our stable of RBs.

Correction >> LDR led us to 17 points (minus the 2-pt safety) ... then, having to kick a
FG is not a success of the QB, just the opposite. That's minus 3, so LDR-led success
got us 14. AA-led Gators got us 13-- in less TOP? Is that correct ? With LDR we had too
many flops in the Red Zone ... against a creampuff ?? I'm not criticizing just trying to see
it as it was.
I need to correct myself. It was late in the third. Only a couple of minutes left in the third when Del Rio went down.
Knowing that, perhaps he should have been pulled before that, though it's entirely possible that was his last series anyway for last night, perhaps increasing Mac's attitude about the injury.

It was 19-0 at the time though, and all points after were ground game points, and/or result of a turnover. Appleby was 2 for 4 for 30 yards. So, could be worse, but really not enough to go by. However, watching him, he looked bad. One of those completions was a short bullet pass that Hammond fought like hell to get extra yards, so take it for what it's worth I guess.

That said, there were a number of passes that Del Rio threw into double and triple coverage prompting a lot of "wtf" questons.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
LDR looked injured early on. Most throws were short. I remember seeing a shot of his face where he appeared to be wincing and I dont know why. Appleby worries me in a pressure situation that he will throw INTs.

he picked up some sort of shoulder injury earlier in the game. i saw him coming off with it dangling by his side in obvious discomfort.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
You're right, coaches should put on a tie, sit on the sideline, shut up, and never stick up for their players :jerkit:
I mean, why would anyone ever want their players to respect them and fight for them. Yup, just shut up coach, L-boy says you're an ass and you are single handedly ruining the school.
:lmao2:

Gaining respect from your players is apparently not leadership anymore. But I guess L-boy has a better definition for everything. Maybe he'd prefer we play flag football too, you know , for the snowflakes that might get their feelings hurt by a coach that shows a little emotion every once and a while. Get the fck outta here with that crap.

Well Ron Zook stuck up for his players at a frat house so I guess he was being a good leader too.

You seem to be one of the few on here that seems to think it was justified and want to go to the mat with your orange and blue goggles on. I really don't have an issue with what anybody else in this thread said. I get Macs frustration that now we may be faced with the same ****ty situation as last year. But what he did was over the top and unjustified. Period. He didn't do it to fire up his players. He did it because he was angry and lost control of himself.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well Ron Zook stuck up for his players at a frat house so I guess he was being a good leader too.
Yes, that's exactly the same :facepalm:

You seem to be one of the few on here that seems to think it was justified and want to go to the mat with your orange and blue goggles on.
Nope, just reflecting what the players are actually saying. Difficult concept for you to grasp, I understand, but to each their own.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To say LDR by quarterbacking a drive that got us a FG 3 points should equate to LDR
being responsible for no 3-points if Eddy missed that FG. I'm not being angry when
pointing out that with LDR we stalled too many times in the Red-Zone where good
teams are expected to score, say, 70% of the time versus lesser teams. That is a
fact for film study with corrective coaching, playbook adjusting. There are plenty of
good that can come from this type "Monday mourning quaterbacking".

The comparison of the 3-1/2 Qs by LDR producing nearly the same points as
1-1/2 Qs with AA back there is meant to reveal that whatever was relied on during
AA's time made us effective enough that it just might not give tragic results having to
plug him in to replace fallen LDR. (I admit I do not like it but I don't need extra doubts
about facing this greatest UT team & HC of all times.:D

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I guess that same player took out the SMU QB. That is probably why McElwain reacted like that.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Lboy, I once called you out as "not a Gator" and as a PF whore/parrot. I apologize. Please return to the PF.

You are quite impressed with yourself, aren't you?

I've likely been posting in these forums longer than you have and a gator fan far longer than you have. I mean this sincerely. Go F uck yourself, twice.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Given the player had already done this before I think Mac handled it well post game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From watching the replay, that rusher's winding up down low seems a result of
our blocker "chipping" his right ankle which then tripped his left ankle, hence his
fall forward into LDR's lower left leg. The horror of it is seeing how stiffly locked
his forward plant-leg is. There was earlier announcer talk about LDR jumping up
a bit before throwing, mentioning that Drew Breeze did that. LDR's knee would
have been safe off the ground at the hit-moment. (Blah-blah blather blah.)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think on review they saw that it was a slow "stiffy" to the facemask, not a speedy
punch to the facemask. Hope it incenses Ivie though.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

You seem to be one of the few on here that seems to think it was justified and want to go to the mat with your orange and blue goggles on. I really don't have an issue with what anybody else in this thread said. I get Macs frustration that now we may be faced with the same ****ty situation as last year. But what he did was over the top and unjustified. Period. He didn't do it to fire up his players. He did it because he was angry and lost control of himself.
You act like the fkn guy had a Bob Knight meltdown at midfield. He said something to the opposing team's coaching staff on the sideline without the benefit of watching replay after replay or knowing how bad Del Rio's injury was. At first glance, it looked intentional, and Mac said postgame that there were situations like that with them before.....meaning, obviously other coaches have felt their players had been injured by low/dirty hits.

This is football.....not a backgammon tournament at a middle school FFS. Emotion is involved. I'm glad Mac had some emotion and genuine concern for the well being of his player, who appeared to take an intentional low hit from the opposing team.

Twice in 18 games he's lost his cool in the public eye, unlike Muschamp who's a public buffoon every time the camera is on him. To compare the two is asinine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You act like the fkn guy had a Bob Knight meltdown at midfield. He said something to the opposing team's coaching staff on the sideline without the benefit of watching replay after replay or knowing how bad Del Rio's injury was. At first glance, it looked intentional, and Mac said postgame that there were situations like that with them before.....meaning, obviously other coaches have felt their players had been injured by low/dirty hits.
Given the previous injury this guy caused IN ONLY THREE WEEKS of Div1A football, I'm on Mac's side. I didn't know about the previous hit when I said it didn't look intentional.

I'm not one to believe in coincidences.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Given the previous injury this guy caused IN ONLY THREE WEEKS of Div1A football, I'm on Mac's side. I didn't know about the previous hit when I said it didn't look intentional.

I'm not one to believe in coincidences.

When I first posted I did not know about the SMU player either. I still can't tell looking at the video if it was an intentional take out, but the fact that it happened two weeks before gives some context to his reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator