Grier immediately eligible

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that a kid leaves due to his choice (he was still under a contractual agreement with UF when he transferred) and instead of fulfilling his PED suspension, and also the one year "suspension" for the transfer they are letting his off with a half year suspension for PED's that they denied giving to UF at least twice.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I told y'all this was going to happen a month ago. This along with Zaire news we're the Worst kept secrets in CFB this off-season :lol:Btw...Grier will light it up this season!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You mother ****ers act as if we couldn't have grier right now. He just picked up his ball and ran home. Mac could have strung him along and kept him around. He gets paid 4 million dollars a year to manage cocaine addicted divas. That's ok ,we can keep our integrity and enjoy another year of shcitty offense. The only silver lining in this is that it expedites Mac' s firing.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah that part sucks but to think a head coach should allow a PED screw up dictate his program is a joke. There is always so much talk about HCs loosing the team....this could have easily done that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that a kid leaves due to his choice (he was still under a contractual agreement with UF when he transferred) and instead of fulfilling his PED suspension, and also the one year "suspension" for the transfer they are letting his off with a half year suspension for PED's that they denied giving to UF at least twice.
What was he supposed to after mac tells him he needs a fresh start? Say f you I'm staying?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah that part sucks but to think a head coach should allow a PED screw up dictate his program is a joke. There is always so much talk about HCs loosing the team....this could have easily done that.

Yes because he's doing so well without him. He's given Callaway about 10 strikes now. But sure, he has complete control over his team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What was he supposed to after mac tells him he needs a fresh start? Say f you I'm staying?

If you believe what Chad and Wil's crafted story without context say, notice how carefully they left out context to all of McElwain's comments, except the piece that help their narrative without context.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes because he's doing so well without him. He's given Callaway about 10 strikes now. But sure, he has complete control over his team.

So he gives the wide receiver multiple chances, but not the star quarterback (at least according to the Grier's)?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am not sold on Mac but I dont believe he ran Grier off. He wanted Grier to stay and he tried getting the whole thing dropped or reduced. If you want someone to leave, you dont bother with that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how long this subject will drag on. Again, FVKK GRIER.

It the offseason, something has to fill it... but you know we are discussing a ruling that hasn't even been made yet.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The pisser about this is that had UF known Grier would be eligible immediately this year I'd be willing to bet he'd still be a Gator.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It the offseason, something has to fill it... but you know we are discussing a ruling that hasn't even been made yet.
according to every article that's talking about it, they all say the NCAA has ruled, or something like it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The pisser about this is that had UF known Grier would be eligible immediately this year I'd be willing to bet he'd still be a Gator.

If the suspension would have been reduced on either of the at least two times UF asked, he would have been the starter in 2016 week 1.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True but even truer is that if he didnt fvkk us over he would still be the starter.

I'm not saying he doesn't own his own part, but the NCAA double down on it with this ruling... Just proves how BS the NCAA is when they change the rules for their own agenda. Players lose a year for medicines they need to literally survive, and it takes them 3 years to repeal, but Grier (and the media behind them) gets changed in less than a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator