Grier tells his story (w/ Matt Hayes)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. He also needs to win the starting job first!

I don't think they really have anyone with much talent behind the current starter except a guy that is more of a running QB. It would be real surprising if Grier isn't their starter next season.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier and his daddy are douches and not innocent in this
Ol' Yeller is a douche and also not innocent in this
All just the last in line of douches that have brought us back to 0-10-1.

The hell with all of them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Some of you make me laugh when you bring up his selfishness and bad behavior.....I'll bet you were the same fans that cheered the Murder Twins, Killer TE, and Mr. Migraine while they thugged and bugged their way though town though.....Yeah, it's great when the alleged killers, convicted killer and smokestack, headcase, coach beating superstars don't get kicked out but god forbid a talented kid who dreamed of playing here since he was in the 8th grade get run out by a coach who doesn't want to be overshadowed by his QB......f vck you Butters...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you make me laugh when you bring up his selfishness and bad behavior.....I'll bet you were the same fans that cheered the Murder Twins, Killer TE, and Mr. Migraine while they thugged and bugged their way though town though.....Yeah, it's great when the alleged killers, convicted killer and smokestack, headcase, coach beating superstars don't get kicked out but god forbid a talented kid who dreamed of playing here since he was in the 8th grade get run out by a coach who doesn't want to be overshadowed by his QB......f vck you Butters...

And the fcking mustang you rode in on.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And the fcking mustang you rode in on.
I honestly believe that Mac is gonna try and prove to the CFB world that he can win with an average QB come hell or high water.....either that or they wanted Grier as far away from Gville as they could get because they are also involved in what happened....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
studio-portrait-of-girl-with-slice-of-lemon-in-mouth-C8W4Y7.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were all pissed at him last year, because we thought we had a QB finally. So that issue is a moot point.

Are we better off without him? Hard to say. He was talented at both football and being a selfish douche.

The story was enlightening though. Either he was too stupid to realize that a 5 minute call to the training staff was more efficient than 2 hours of research, or he was willfully cheating. I think he knew what he was doing.

Also, he said that he didn't feel like Mac appreciated him. Pretty telling quote in the story.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I know people are dying to know what I think about this, so I won't disappoint. The short answer is, its a Jerry Springer he said - she said. I don't think either one of them are telling the truth; they are telling their version of it and the truth, such as it is, is somewhere in the middle.

Having said that, I think Grier is painting an over flattering picture of himself as the quintessential team player who just wanted to do whatever it took to make it right. That seems difficult to believe.

I do think he is probably portraying Old Hee Haw pretty accurately though, and Hee Haw comes across exactly as he does week in and week out. It may turn out, in a bit of irony, that Hee Haw's fate was tied to Grier.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think the new coach will play him then?
Before the season started last year, everyone said Mac had to be given a minimum of 3 years. Given that he won the East last year and is still in contention this year, I'd say he's got 4 yrs before the seat gets hot unless we fall flat on our ass next year.

But let's say he's gone. The new coach will play whoever is the best.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier could have stayed but chose to transfer, Mac didn't make him do anything.

Does it really matter now?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like others, I believe Grier knew he was taking a prohibited supplement. You only get an advantage
by using a substance that your competitors can't use. I also believe that when a "kid" is caught and
demoted he is in prime position for his HC-mentor to "groom" him into a fiercer more dedicated QB.
These multi-million $ paid HCs should be leader-teacher enough to set the pathway to create a
great positive for his "student of football".

Think on it = LDR goes down and Grier steps in to relieve us from AA and to give LDR more time to
heal-strengthen. Frankly, I doubt LDR would regain full starter status = we would have 2 worthy QBs.
This fuss is not beating a dead horse because it relates to the Football-awareness of our HC Mac.
I think back to OBC Spurrier forgiving USCe QB Garcia for much worse wrongness than Grier. So,
SOS probably would have set a comeback path for flubber Grier.??

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Grier and his father actually had to leave their church were they were feeding the poor and darning socks for homeless children to meet with Mac who rudely showed up late smelling of booze and corn-fed beef. Will, who like all children growing up in NC, always wanted to be a Gator so he was naturally heartbroken at the thought of leaving the team and offered to clean toilets and mop floors just to be part of the program. When the Griers went to Mac a second time Mac said "I have no basis to charge you, I leave you to the ruling of the NCAA". Then Mac brought out a bowl of water and washed his hands. And Will was led off to be crucified in the court of pubic opinion. But now, a year later he has arisen and resides at the right hand of Dana in the Kingdom of West Virgina from whence he shall one day come to bless the world with the light of his football prowess.
Can I get an Amen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Grier would have been a good QB here. I think he's going to be a good QB for WVU and probably put up pinball machine stats.

What did bother me in that article was him constantly calling his coach "Dana". Who calls their coach by their first name? I find it creepy and as a coach I would correct him.
Id change my name if my parents named me Dana.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Grier and his father actually had to leave their church were they were feeding the poor and darning socks for homeless children to meet with Mac who rudely showed up late smelling of booze and corn-fed beef. Will, who like all children growing up in NC, always wanted to be a Gator so he was naturally heartbroken at the thought of leaving the team and offered to clean toilets and mop floors just to be part of the program. When the Griers went to Mac a second time Mac said "I have no basis to charge you, I leave you to the ruling of the NCAA". Then Mac brought out a bowl of water and washed his hands. And Will was led off to be crucified in the court of pubic opinion. But now, a year later he has arisen and resides at the right hand of Dana in the Kingdom of West Virgina from whence he shall one day come to bless the world with the light of his football prowess.
Can I get an Amen.

Good fun post, Threat. Reminds of J Denver's "almost heaven, West Virginia.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were all pissed at him last year, because we thought we had a QB finally. So that issue is a moot point.

Are we better off without him? Hard to say. He was talented at both football and being a selfish douche.

The story was enlightening though. Either he was too stupid to realize that a 5 minute call to the training staff was more efficient than 2 hours of research, or he was willfully cheating. I think he knew what he was doing.

Also, he said that he didn't feel like Mac appreciated him. Pretty telling quote in the story.

Yep definitely makes him look entitled. Gets it from his dad probably. As far as last year I think FSU was the only loss that might have been a win possibly if he stayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.