GSMB shut down AGAIN due to "disruptive posters".....and revived AGAIN

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks LCDR, but as long as "Chief" is in the title, i don't get too wound up about it, especially coming from civilians and land lubbers.

Just don't call me "Lieutenant"...
What about Master Baitor? My grandfather was in the CG and said that was his title.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just for clarification, the CG and navy top 3 are:

E7 - Chief
E8 - Senior Chief
E9 - Master Chief

Bookmark this post... There's a test next week.

My dad retired Command Master Chief back in 1997. What's the difference? For some reason, I want to guess it's the size and type of squadron. He was deployable anti-submarine helicopters.

Two stories:
1) I'd ask him directly, but he's a d!ck. Oddly enough, I ran into a few old high school buddies years ago who were under his command. They thought he was the best guy on the planet. I swear we were talking about a different man.
2) He reached out and got me an appointment to Annapolis. I declined it. We were never the same after that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My dad retired Command Master Chief back in 1997. What's the difference? For some reason, I want to guess it's the size and type of squadron. He was deployable anti-submarine helicopters.

Two stories:
1) I'd ask him directly, but he's a d!ck. Oddly enough, I ran into a few old high school buddies years ago who were under his command. They thought he was the best guy on the planet. I swear we were talking about a different man.
2) He reached out and got me an appointment to Annapolis. I declined it. We were never the same after that.
We still love ya, buddy!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
One of my best HS friends got an appointment to West Point, resigned it after two weeks. Said it wasn't for him, too many mind games.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Two stories:

That was a fun read. Family dynamics can be a challenge at times. To answer your question...

The Command Master Chief is the MC who works directly for the CO as the top enlisted adviser. At a larger command, you might have multiple MCs who oversee the technical stuff (machinery tech, electronics, etc), but the CMC is the guy who deals with many of the personnel issues before they reach the CO's office.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks LCDR, but as long as "Chief" is in the title, i don't get too wound up about it, especially coming from civilians and land lubbers.

Just don't call me "Lieutenant"...

I'm actually impressed Law had a clue about any military rank! But I couldn't stand by quietly as he disrespected a MASTER Chief!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That was a fun read. Family dynamics can be a challenge at times. To answer your question...

The Command Master Chief is the MC who works directly for the CO as the top enlisted adviser. At a larger command, you might have multiple MCs who oversee the technical stuff (machinery tech, electronics, etc), but the CMC is the guy who deals with many of the personnel issues before they reach the CO's office.

i.e. the Command Master Chief cracks nuts!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People have to live their own life. Brad seems like one of the most likable guys on here. His dad is missing out on a helluva lot IMO.

That's a really nice thing to say MJM, thanks. Law was just busting my balls though, I would have been more surprised if somebody didnt say that. :lol:

As for the academy, I turned it down specifically because of my dad. He missed the birth of all 3 of his children. He missed the death of one of his children. He missed the graduation of the other two. Gone six months out of the year. When he was on shore duty, he was at work before I ever woke up. Came home so grumpy and exhausted. I dont know if all Navy lives are like that, but that's how mine was and knew that I didnt want that life. I have the most absolute respect and admiration for our military men and women, and especially their families. During the Ole Miss game last year, when they brought that military dad out to greet his family.... I cried like a damn b!tch.

Anyway, regarding my current relationship with my dad, there is actually one thing that we still talk about a few times a year: Gator Football. We even usually go to one game every year together. It's honestly the only time I see him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator