Harbaugh on Cowherd with a painfully awkward interview...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n241944 said:
You can't blame Meyer for WM being hired.
Foley holds that honor. But it is fair to blame Meyer for his failures at recruiting, management and coaching that led to his very Muschamp like results and "broken" program on his way out the door.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n241957 said:
Foley holds that honor. But it is fair to blame Meyer for his failures at recruiting, management and coaching that led to his very Muschamp like results and "broken" program on his way out the door.

The same recruits that were a huge reason for our 2012 success? Our program didn't get "broken" until after WM took over.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n241927 said:
Wow. Insanity. I understand not liking him, but the guy is a phenomenal coach. Kinda like Belichick.

I actually do like him. I just think he's lucky as hell with being in the right spot at the right time. You have to admit as well as everyone else who is piling on the UM train right now, he was clueless with what to do in 2010 without TT and the rest of the 06er's. He wouldn't have fared that much better than what he did in 2010 until present IMO...about 8-5 per season. As far as his success at OSU goes, just wait until Harbaugh get's settled in....I think we'll find history repeating itself in about 2 or 3 years max.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n241960 said:
I think we'll find history repeating itself in about 2 or 3 years max.

Harbaurgh won't even be the Michigan coach in 2-3 years. He will be back in the NFL.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n241964 said:
Harbaurgh won't even be the Michigan coach in 2-3 years
Neither will UM...he doesn't like when the odds aren't stacked in his favor(most talented roster) If nothing else Harbaugh will bust up his little recruiting monopoly that he has in that conference right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I actually do like him. I just think he's lucky as hell with being in the right spot at the right time. You have to admit as well as everyone else who is piling on the UM train right now, he was clueless with what to do in 2010 without TT and the rest of the 06er's. He wouldn't have fared that much better than what he did in 2010 until present IMO...about 8-5 per season. As far as his success at OSU goes, just wait until Harbaugh get's settled in....I think we'll find history repeating itself in about 2 or 3 years max.
So Meyer has now been "lucky" at FOUR schools? :crazy:

If Cam Newton hadn't been such an asshat, we would have won more NC's after Tebow left. Meyer is too good of a recruiter to have consistent 8-win seasons anywhere.

He's a better coach than Harbaugh. Significantly better.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n241967 said:
Neither will UM...he doesn't like when the odds aren't stacked in his favor(most talented roster) If nothing else Harbaugh will bust up his little recruiting monopoly that he has in that conference right now.

Well going by the recruiting rankings right now, Michigan still has a ways to go to catch up to OSU. Looks like it is going to take more than 3 years for them to catch OSU.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n241968 said:
So Meyer has now been "lucky" at FOUR schools? :crazy:

If Cam Newton hadn't been such an asshat, we would have won more NC's after Tebow left. Meyer is too good of a recruiter to have consistent 8-win seasons anywhere.

Argue that he hasn't had the most talented roster at all 4 of those schools within their respective conferences when he was there....at least until Saban unseated him in the SEC. Again, my cat could have won a NC with Cam or TT.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n241972 said:
Argue that he hasn't had the most talented roster at all 4 of those schools within their respective conferences when he was there....at least until Saban unseated him in the SEC. Again, my cat could have won a NC with Cam or TT.
:doh:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;241972 said:

Yeah. Because he took mediocre talent and made it good. And recruited great players and harnessed their talents.

You crazy.

old-school-meme.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
th

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So is anyone going to try and tell me that he would also have a 93% winning percentage over the last 4 years if he had stayed at UF?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No, but he would have averaged one hell of a lot more than 8 wins a season over those 4 years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n242022 said:
Yeah. Because he took mediocre talent and made it good. And recruited great players and harnessed their talents.

You crazy.

old-school-meme.jpg

I'm not saying he isn't a decent coach. He is almost like one of those guys that prey on wealthy widows though. Everyone says he is a great recruiter but UF fell apart from 2010 on....didn't he recruit those players, whereas a lot of the guys from 2006 and 2008 were Zooks recruits.
Also if it takes 4 years to really tell if somebodies class is that good then he only has 1 good class to his credit in what 13 years. Sorry but you can't have it both ways....BTW when the wealthy widow runs out of money Urban always halls ass.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n242031 said:
So is anyone going to try and tell me that he would also have a 93% winning percentage over the last 4 years if he had stayed at UF?

He's won and won HUGE at every stop he's made. The guy has MADE his own luck through great coaching. Hate him for the way he left us, but give the man his due in regards to his coaching ability. Absolutely one of the best of his generation and is already a HOFer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just listened to the interview...what a ****tard. :lol:
Who were the idiots that wanted him as our "home run" hire?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n242035 said:
. He is almost like one of those guys that prey on wealthy widows though

1epic_facepalm_by_rjth_255b1_255d.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;242038 said:
Just listened to the interview...what a ****tard. :lol:
Who were the idiots that wanted him as our "home run" hire?

:raises hand: :embarrassed:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've definitely heard a better interview out of a corpse during an autopsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.