Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n134647 said:
@FootballScoop: Bruce Feldman says it’s more likely Harbaugh remains in the league…Bruce then says Mullen might be next guy up for Michigan

If that's true, they're going to have to overpay to get him. I'm thinking $5.5-6m per year. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n134659 said:
If that's true, they're going to have to overpay to get him. I'm thinking $5.5-6m per year. :lol:

He'll see it as a lateral move and take the same pay he's making now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n134662 said:

I would love to see someone ask him about making a lateral move if he ends up there.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since he didn't jump at it......

@BruceFeldmanCFB: I was told by sources the reports on the $8M per offer by #Michigan to Jim Harbaugh are not accurate.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BenVolin: Harbaugh's agent, David Dunn, has a history of embellishing offers via the media. Remember when #Dolphins "offered" Harbaugh $7m a year?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n134662 said:

:lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n133887 said:

They're not going with Mullen. They already tried the spread experiment with Rich Rod and that blew up. Mullen has the same chance of being head coach at Michigan as me. It's not happening.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
ReelGatorDoc;n134463 said:
I don't think Harbaugh wants to face Meyer every year

Are you serious? Harbaugh would make Meyer his beatch. Harbaugh is one hyper competitive guy. He had no problem facing Pete Carroll every year when USC was on top. Playing Meyer would be much easier than that. I don't know if he will go to Michigan or not but that would be a great hire for them. I wish we could have landed him but that was highly unlikely to happen from the start.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think harbaugh is a bit overrated and I don't get why some of you guys swing from his nuts so bad. He was 29-21 at Stanford. He inherited a team with possibly the best defense in the nfl with the 49ers now that those guys are getting old he's getting run out of town. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means but for an offensive coach you don't see alot of fireworks with his offense. I just don't understand why you guys think he would make Nick saban and urban Meyer his bitch?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n135306 said:
I think harbaugh is a bit overrated and I don't get why some of you guys swing from his nuts so bad. He was 29-21 at Stanford. He inherited a team with possibly the best defense in the nfl with the 49ers now that those guys are getting old he's getting run out of town. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means but for an offensive coach you don't see alot of fireworks with his offense. I just don't understand why you guys think he would make Nick saban and urban Meyer his bitch?

No kidding. Is he a good coach? Of course. But at Stanford he went:

2007: 4-8
2008: 5-7
2009: 8-5
2010: 12-1

Those numbers are Muschampesque. He is certainly better than Muschamp but I highly doubt he'll be making Meyer his bitch.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n134500 said:
agree, put me on the record as one who thinks that harbaugh would be the best college coach in the country if he came back... and yes, i havent forgotten about saban
:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. I think it will be great fun to watch.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN is reporting that he's considering the offer and is torn on what to do. Says his friends and family are pushing him to take the Michigan job, but he wants to see what NFL jobs come available. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, he's angling for a better NFL job or more money. I wonder how long Meatchicken will allow this to continue.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we know if he wants the Raiders job, it's his - for huge money. He wouldn't even have to move. He's never coached anywhere but California. In the meantime, Michigan's recruiting continues to suffer and it's REALLY going to suck when they have to throw together a staff at the last minute after Harbaugh says no. They are going to overpay somebody big time.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I do understand that some players don't like his college type of attitude in coaching. I don't understand ti because it would seem much easier to deal with professionals than folks who are 18.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I recall many on this site claiming that we needed to pay up to $8MM to get our top targets (believed to be Kelly and Harbaugh at the time). I would love Harbaugh to Michigan. It would be great for college football. We might actually see Urban get punched in the face :).....well not really. The recruiting angle is a tougher nut to crack. Michigan St and OSU can still recruit talent. I'd see Michigan with Harbaugh as a National Recruiting school. With his ties, I'd see California as a favored target. I think he'd be pretty successful there, and the timing is perfect. They would hire an AD to fit Harbaugh, since he'd be there first.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n135431 said:
I recall many on this site claiming that we needed to pay up to $8MM to get our top targets (believed to be Kelly and Harbaugh at the time). I would love Harbaugh to Michigan. It would be great for college football. We might actually see Urban get punched in the face :).....well not really. The recruiting angle is a tougher nut to crack. Michigan St and OSU can still recruit talent. I'd see Michigan with Harbaugh as a National Recruiting school. With his ties, I'd see California as a favored target. I think he'd be pretty successful there, and the timing is perfect. They would hire an AD to fit Harbaugh, since he'd be there first.

The $8m per year is said to be false, but I haven't seen anything else on it. That said, I think it would be terrible for college football. Teams would be forced to pay similar salaries to hire/retain top coaches and so many are already operating in the red.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
t-gator;n135306 said:

Stanford went 16-40 in the 5 seasons prior and 1-11 the season immediately prior to Harbaugh arriving. In 4 seasons he almost doubled the win total if the previous 5 seasons combined. In his fourth year they finished 12-1 and top 5 in the country. As far as offensive fireworks, you must not have watched much Stanford football while he was there. Stanford mauled opponents. These guys were balanced. They were physical, ran effectively, passed the ball and routinely put up 40 plus on their opponents. As a matter of fact, in 2010 they scored 31 points or more in 12 of the 13 games they played. They were a fun team to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator