NC State
Kent State
Utep

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This. Similar to this year, yes, there are some difficulties to account for, but that’s what great coaches do. For all of the woes, such as offensive line, there are bright spots like the play of Mertz, ETN, RP and Wilson. On defense, we started two five stars, both with experience, an All-SEC end, a corner that at one point was wanted by Smart and a lot of talented youth. Is it ideal, no. But is it so out of the realm of possibility that we will likely never see such a roster dilemma again? Also no. That’s life. Same with the schedule. It’s brutal, but also our new reality.

The argument after 2013 was the historical amount of injuries, which was somewhat accurate. Probably wouldn’t see that again. Still wanted WM gone, but it was valid. The question again here is if we ever have holes in our roster again, either due to injury, transfers, recruiting or portal losses, etc, what can we expect. The answer is right around .500. If that’s acceptable, then he’s your guy. If not, he is out. So anything less than 8-9 wins next year should be all the answer you need.

At UF anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable... should have been in 2013 with the injuries as well. You can only have so many bad losses at UF, and the only saving grace WM had was 2012's two loss season, Napier doesn't have that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only 4 true away games, that means most of this will be in front of the home crowd, there are no excuses year 3.
Oh... there will be excuses a plenty.

I've never seen people so dedicated to a special ed mercenary temporarily occupying an office at UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh... there will be excuses a plenty.

I've never seen people so dedicated to a special ed mercenary temporarily occupying an office at UF.
Other than Stricklin, who else? You keep implying there's a flood of fans that are "dedicated" to him. It's nonsense. Go to any UF board and everyone is wallowing the same way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We keep admiring what Jedd Fisch has done in taking over the train wreck that was Arizona, but the fact is his record was far worse in his first two years than Billy: 6-18. However, it was his third season where he made the big leap. The third season is when any coach worth a sh!t should see a big leap. That should be the expectation from Billy's bosses. If they don't see it, it ain't gonna happen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Other than Stricklin, who else? You keep implying there's a flood of fans that are "dedicated" to him. It's nonsense. Go to any UF board and everyone is wallowing the same way.

This is true. About a month ago I started looking at other boards for recruiting info, and was shocked to see how bad the 247 boards are with him. ITG isn’t as harsh but there’s like 7 people there and they never have any current information. But they’re pretty cynical. The free, non-member Swamp Gas is about the only one that is still choosing to be an embarrassment with regards to the current state of things.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We keep admiring what Jedd Fisch has done in taking over the train wreck that was Arizona, but the fact is his record was far worse in his first two years than Billy: 6-18. However, it was his third season where he made the big leap. The third season is when any coach worth a sh!t should see a big leap. That should be the expectation from Billy's bosses. If they don't see it, it ain't gonna happen.

You are correct, and that year one was especially concerning for me. That said, I do think JF took on a tougher situation, and even though year two, wasn’t great it was a pretty substantial jump from year one. The backslide this year, starting with Ark will be his downfall. He didn’t take over a 1-3’win team and got it to 6. He took over a 6 win team, which followed three straight 10(or 11) win seasons, and has effectively gone backwards. That’s Taggert type fraud.

He pulls out 9 wins next year, and I’m back to being all in. But most likely we know how this episode ends because we’ve seen it multiple times.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You are correct, and that year one was especially concerning for me. That said, I do think JF took on a tougher situation, and even though year two, wasn’t great it was a pretty substantial jump from year one. The backslide this year, starting with Ark will be his downfall. He didn’t take over a 1-3’win team and got it to 6. He took over a 6 win team, which followed three straight 10(or 11) win seasons, and has effectively gone backwards. That’s Taggert type fraud.

He pulls out 9 wins next year, and I’m back to being all in. But most likely we know how this episode ends because we’ve seen it multiple times.
I said it earlier in this tread and I'm sticking to it...
We go 8-4 w/a winless November and it's gonna suck because going into November everyone will be riding high and then at the end of November everyone will be staunchly, back in the corner of "FIRE HIM"!
Yet, an 8-4 year with our schedule will easily get him another year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nah there are a fleet of them on twitter. Like a vast majority still.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont fawn over Jedd Fisch. Frankly I havent payed much attention. I would say taking over a 1 win team with a 50th ranked roster is harder than taking over a 6 win team with a 15th ranked roster.

However, generally the second year is the big jump and year 3 is a "bad" year echoing the poor recruiting of the previous hot seat coach's last year and the transition class (which is essentially gone for us now).

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bama's is easier

Here’s the full 2024 schedule:

Aug. 31 — Western Kentucky
Sept. 7 — South Florida
Sept. 14 — at Wisconsin
Sept. 21 — OPEN
Sept. 28 — Georgia
Oct. 5 — at Vanderbilt
Oct. 12 — South Carolina
Oct. 19 — at Tennessee
Oct. 26 — Missouri
Nov. 2 — OPEN
Nov. 9 — at LSU
Nov. 16 — Mercer
Nov. 23 — at Oklahoma
Nov. 30 — Auburn
Florida would be 9-3 with that schedule.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But, his 3rd season schedule was nothing like Billy's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.