aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
15%2B-%2B1

Gator Nation Post Game...
Classic. I particularly like the blood soaking the keyboard at the end. Nice touch.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
While I am not a huge fan of how Mac has coached thus far, I am far more concerned about recruiting. I'm willing to give Mac a pass for last year because I think with Grier we would have beat LSU and FSU and had a very good shot at beating Bama. The offense looks woefully identical to when Chump was here, however we actually have WR's open on nearly every pass play. I think with a manageable QB these past two seasons would have been very different. But back to recruiting... We had an amazing two year window with this defense. The recruiting has sucked and we lose just about everyone next year. The defense is going to give up 24+ points every game next year and I just don't see anything that leads me to believe the offense is going to be exponentially better. Mac really hurt himself by riding the Del Rio/Applebee train this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While I am not a huge fan of how Mac has coached thus far, I am far more concerned about recruiting.
I remember after we showed we were determined to fall on our sword with Chimp, that it would take many years to rebuild the offense he destroyed.

I have the same feeling about both sides of the ball now. Mac is wrapping up the third worst recruiting class since the ratings were born and he has #1 and #2 worst also. The next coach will inherit the least talented gator team since the 70s.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not going to sit here and defend Mack and his recruiting. But you clowns have got to see that we had a heck of a chance to beat these clowns had we had half our team there. I have never seen a program with so many Key players out.

This game could've been very different had we had some players in the game, I have never seen a team this decimated with injuries.

So anyways for all you complainers if you knew anything about football you should know we should have lost by 35 last night with the team we were able to scrape together. Is it unacceptable the loss? Absolutely not, but you got to look at the facts.

Get behind your keyboard and go to town boys.

Have you followed the immediate turn around at Va. Tech this year with a new offensive minded coach? Do you think Va Tech has better players than we do?
Have you noticed that most of the injuries to key personnel have been on the defensive side which is still playing well?
Are you aware that Mac feels he can win with his dog playing QB but apparently has humans that cannot?

I know you were baiting the hook and I bit but I couldn't help it.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
2-7 vs Ranked Teams.

8 games with 14 points or less in two years.

0 offensive touchdowns against FSU in two years.

Think the problem might be a little more than injuries and whatever else you mentioned.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Have you followed the immediate turn around at Va. Tech this year with a new offensive minded coach? Do you think Va Tech has better players than we do?
Have you noticed that most of the injuries to key personnel have been on the defensive side which is still playing well?
Are you aware that Mac feels he can win with his dog playing QB but apparently has humans that cannot?

I know you were baiting the hook and I bit but I couldn't help it.

Fuente is doing things with two star offensive players.

Wait till he gets real talent there

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember after we showed we were determined to fall on our sword with Chimp, that it would take many years to rebuild the offense he destroyed.

I have the same feeling about both sides of the ball now. Mac is wrapping up the third worst recruiting class since the ratings were born and he has #1 and #2 worst also. The next coach will inherit the least talented gator team since the 70s.
I am far more concerned by the holes in recruiting than the lack of talent. The have shown that they can recruit good 3*s, actually really good 3*s, and they will provide good depth and add to overall talent, but we need at least a couple elite guys each cycle.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am far more concerned by the holes in recruiting than the lack of talent. The have shown that they can recruit good 3*s, actually really good 3*s, and they will provide good depth and add to overall talent, but we need at least a couple elite guys each cycle.

Its do or die this time around.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and the coaches told him to......then they wouldn't stand behind him because they're POS's.....At least that's the story I got from a high level booster but TIFWIW
Crete, if you believe that then I really have to question my opinion of you. :facepalm:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, being undefeated and a 5 star doesn't mesh with Macs system I guess.....

I think you know what I meant. Will screwed himself and the team and then had the balls to make demands. Mac couldn't let himself be pushed around like that. He had to make a hard decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator