Ho Hum... Another 3 Star

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Wow. I've been having to repeat myself a lot in this thread. Some people just do not have reading comprehension. This is about the CB class as a whole. I've already stated that this kid has great length and I do not have an issue with us taking him. I have an issue with them taking five 3 star CBs.
And Trey Burton lead us in?????

QB keeps? Highest percentage of reading "keep" on the read option (100%)? Guy with the most number of positions, none of which he was good at?

Its sad when some of you consider a 400 yard guy as a gem.
Interesting the nfl makes use of him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And Trey Burton lead us in?????

QB keeps? Highest percentage of reading "keep" on the read option (100%)? Guy with the most number of positions, none of which he was good at?

Its sad when some of you consider a 400 yard guy as a gem.

I didn't really look at his rankings, but I did notice that he led us in scoring one year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know but if he was 3 or less I move we retroactively go back and declare he sucks...

We get it. You would prefer to have two and three stars over four and five stars.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We get it. You would prefer to have two and three stars over four and five stars.

We get it. You prefer to beoutch about our 3 stars rather than appreciate we are currently sitting with the #10 class and are in the running for some major 4 and 5 stars who are not and will not make their decisions until much later. Unlike the Muschamp years, I expect we will close some of those major players at the end rather than whiffing on them all like Mussy tended to do.

We have a current #10 class with the potential to close as much, much stronger. Does anybody see this class getting weaker? I see it getting way better in the next 2 1/2 months... Where exactly is the fire and it it possible for that piss and vinegar to put it out?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We get it. You prefer to beoutch about our 3 stars rather than appreciate we are currently sitting with the #10 class and are in the running for some major 4 and 5 stars who are not and will not make their decisions until much later. Unlike the Muschamp years, I expect we will close some of those major players at the end rather than whiffing on them all like Mussy tended to do.

We have a current #10 class with the potential to close as much, much stronger. Does anybody see this class getting weaker? I see it getting way better in the next 2 1/2 months... Where exactly is the fire and it it possible for that piss and vinegar to put it out?

Find one time in any of my posts that I said that. I actually put up a list of the five star and four-star recruits we are still in the running for. All I said is that we have too many three-star cornerbacks.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Find one time in any of my posts that I said that. I actually put up a list of the five star and four-star recruits we are still in the running for. All I said is that we have too many three-star cornerbacks.

Well... name one time that I said I would prefer a bunch of 2 and 3 stars to any 4 and 5 stars...

This is Gatorchatter. There is no room for common sense of logical discussion here.

giphy.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Close as we are to our max projected number with 2 1/2 monthes to go tells me that some of Muschamp's 3 stars(dead weight) are going to get the "look son" talking to from Mac after the season ends.....Make room for the money makers boys cause I see us ending up with five or six 5 Stars before we're done on NSD.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to clarify my position, because I tend to play devils advocate. I'm not really a fan of classes loaded with either 5* guys or 3* guys. I think there should be a blend of the two, but primarily have a class of 4* kids. I think the coaches have to consider the locker room and possible transfer issues down the road.

I think there are also positions where stars play a huge role in predicting success. OL and DT are two positions that don't require high star ratings. I do think the analysts are getting better at predicting these positions, but not like other positions. I think the positions where stars matter most are CB, QB, and DE.

So yes, I see J & Law's point about the 3* CB. I also see him as a project and a means to land Wilson (who is a must get). I think it's a worthwhile pick up if we get Wilson and he is able to contribute at all. We have Wilson and Tabor starting next year with Garner in the fold. I think the next cycle we'll need to land a couple of stud CB's if we don't pick another one up this year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't
Close as we are to our max projected number with 2 1/2 monthes to go tells me that some of Muschamp's 3 stars(dead weight) are going to get the "look son" talking to from Mac after the season ends.....Make room for the money makers boys cause I see us ending up with five or six 5 Stars before we're done on NSD.

I don't know if we'll get THAT many FIVE stars but I'd dang sure be happy. I see us signing a couple of 5 stars (maybe 3 if things really go right in recruiting) and several very high 4 stars (including Franks, Mac's coveted QB for this cycle). I also expect 2 or 3 of our current 3 stars to "de-commit" after getting a similar "Look son" speech that you were referring to. I think we'll end up with a class of around 28 or 29, maybe a couple more depending on early enrollees.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can see why a 5 star corner doesn't wanna come in and sit behind wilson and tabor. Then have to compete with gardener for playing time aswell. I think we reached on some of the lower rated prospects just to get the ball rolling on this class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to clarify my position, because I tend to play devils advocate. I'm not really a fan of classes loaded with either 5* guys or 3* guys. I think there should be a blend of the two, but primarily have a class of 4* kids. I think the coaches have to consider the locker room and possible transfer issues down the road.

I think there are also positions where stars play a huge role in predicting success. OL and DT are two positions that don't require high star ratings. I do think the analysts are getting better at predicting these positions, but not like other positions. I think the positions where stars matter most are CB, QB, and DE.

So yes, I see J & Law's point about the 3* CB. I also see him as a project and a means to land Wilson (who is a must get). I think it's a worthwhile pick up if we get Wilson and he is able to contribute at all. We have Wilson and Tabor starting next year with Garner in the fold. I think the next cycle we'll need to land a couple of stud CB's if we don't pick another one up this year.

Solid post. Too many 5 stars lead to ego and locker room issues. A strong class of 4 stars and some projects and special teamers that are 3 star and below are needed to balance the mix.

OL has the highest chance of failure as 5 stars from what I've seen. I'm ok with stocking up 3 and 4 star OL with a 5 star mixed in every now and then.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's forget about stars for a minute.

HAS ANYONE heard ANYTHING about a DAMN FIELD GOAL KICKER FOR THIS CLASS ?????????

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

HAS ANYONE heard ANYTHING about a DAMN FIELD GOAL KICKER FOR THIS CLASS ?????????

If the kid committed to Bama doesn't flip, then I'd assume we could at the very least give a preferred walk on spot to someone in state. So no, no good news

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We have a great chance of flipping a Bama commit.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't I read somewhere in the past that a team can only have a maximum of 25 per class? I know EEs count against the previous year, and I assume we'll have a few of those, what else counts for or against a given year's numbers?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Let's see if there is broad agreement on a few points.
1) On average, 5 stars are more productive than 3 stars.
2) At corner back stars may matter a little more than on the O-line.
3) That said, Mac has demonstrated an ability to evaluate FB players (Callawy and Cronkrite), and some 3 star recruits look promising.
4) Mac stressesTEAM above all and his success with this concept would justify occasionally passing on a 5 star.
5) Mac closed strong last year and may do so again, so we should feel good about where we are.

Who is buying?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't I read somewhere in the past that a team can only have a maximum of 25 per class? I know EEs count against the previous year, and I assume we'll have a few of those, what else counts for or against a given year's numbers?

you got it right, but it looks like we may be looking at 6+ EE's. So I assume we'll take close to the max if we can get them. I don't see Mac filling the rest with anything but 4 and 5* kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator