Andre Debose
RoPo as mentioned
DJ Humphries as mentioned

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, we are in the running for some 5 star recruits. I'm sure Mac will be closing his fair share by February.

5 Stars:
Dexter Lawrence, DT
Ben Davis, LB
Lyndell Wilson, LB
Nate Craig Meyers, WR
Shavar Manuel, DE

Right now I would say that we close on 3 of them.

4 stars in the Top 100:

Wole Betiku, DE (Long shot)
Feleipe Franks, QB
Sam Bruce (Miami)
Antonneous Clayton (Commit)
Janarius Robinson (FSU)
Chauncey Gardner (Commit)
Elijah Stove (Auburn)
Binjimen Victor (Most likely OSU)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
potential 5* busts

Carl Johnson
Torrey Davis
James Wilson
Will Hill
Carl Moore
Matt Patchen
Gary Brown
Andre Debose
RoPo as mentioned
DJ Humphries as mentioned

Debose had multiple injuries with one of them being a catastrophic detaching of the muscle from the bone. Hill was very good and has been good in the NFL as well. Torrey Davis was an important cog to our NC run but was a disaster otherwise.

Offensive line is very difficult to project. They also tend to have more career ending injuries. Basically, that's why you just load up on four-star lineman. Chump was an idiot in this regard. We have a few three-star lineman this year and a bunch of four-star last year. I think we've done a good job on the o-line for future.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gary Brown was an absolute terror at the camps and in the All-Star game. Then he beat a woman on campus his freshman year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When you have character issues like Brown, that's part of the recruiting process. Meyer didn't care.

Will Hill was a disaster at UF except for his pick against UGA, he was a total bafoon

Debose, so if he was healthy, he'd been a stud? It wasn't his athleticism that kept him off the field.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Colin Thompson and the other guy(TE) who went to Kansas were both upper 4- 5 stars who never panned out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When you have character issues like Brown, that's part of the recruiting process. Meyer didn't care.

Will Hill was a disaster at UF except for his pick against UGA, he was a total bafoon

Debose, so if he was healthy, he'd been a stud? It wasn't his athleticism that kept him off the field.

Debose was a head case so the injuries weren't the only reason. Meyer only looked at talent. Chump did a great job with character but landed no talent on offense and couldn't manage a roster. Gaping holes in position recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, we are in the running for some 5 star recruits. I'm sure Mac will be closing his fair share by February.

5 Stars:
Dexter Lawrence, DT
Ben Davis, LB
Lyndell Wilson, LB
Nate Craig Meyers, WR
Shavar Manuel, DE

Right now I would say that we close on 3 of them.

4 stars in the Top 100:

Wole Betiku, DE (Long shot)
Feleipe Franks, QB
Sam Bruce (Miami)
Antonneous Clayton (Commit)
Janarius Robinson (FSU)
Chauncey Gardner (Commit)
Elijah Stove (Auburn)
Binjimen Victor (Most likely OSU)
You left out jordan woods. He's a 4 star that we'll probably get and alot of these guys think stove will end up here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You left out jordan woods. He's a 4 star that we'll probably get and alot of these guys think stove will end up here.

Stove is probably more of a lean to us than a commit to the Barn right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In my experience with women, the 3* stars are better in bed than the 5* stars.

Of course I have more experience with the 2* stars and they're just awful.
Sex is like pizza. There is only good and great.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ronald Powell? He was pretty much worthless.
So we count Trey Burton as a success, and Ronald Powell, who lead us in sacks for three years, as a bust.

I get that he was severely flawed and forced to play out of position (at DE instead of LB) but I'd take Ronald Powell over a six pack of Trey I'll run the keeper no matter what you call Burton.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we count Trey Burton as a success, and Ronald Powell, who lead us in sacks for three years, as a bust.

I get that he was severely flawed and forced to play out of position (at DE instead of LB) but I'd take Ronald Powell over a six pack of Trey I'll run the keeper no matter what you call Burton.

Two years...2011 and 2013. In 2011 he had 6 sacks and Jay Howard had 5.5. In 2013, he had 4 sacks and Dante Fowler had 3.5. As the #1 overall HS prospect, he had 11 career sacks at UF. Alex Brown had triple that in his career. 8 other Gators has 11 or more sacks in a single season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Trey Burton lead us in?????

QB keeps? Highest percentage of reading "keep" on the read option (100%)? Guy with the most number of positions, none of which he was good at?

Its sad when some of you consider a 400 yard guy as a gem.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although in all fairness, I have to point out that this kid has only been rated by 247 sports. Not every kid everywhere can be rated so he may be a diamond in the rough. He hasn't been evaluated by Rivals.

We'll see.
Ronald Powell? He was pretty much worthless.

...and Andre Debose... or was it Dubose...hell I could never remember! Had he played up to his 5 star rating I'm sure none of us would have trouble remembering how to spell his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator