Holy Moly: Harvin traded to Jets

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing. Prima-donna. Been run out of two towns already. Hope he is saving his money. I'm sure I'll read about him going bankrupt in 15 years selling his ring on EBAY.

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So the Urban Myer national championship teams were led by a real bunch of a holes except for Tebow.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
williston_gator;n82552 said:
@ProFootballTalk: Jets cut David Nelson to make room for Percy Harvin http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Bwk via @MMehtaNYDN

So how does the Jets cutting a Gator who is a fine guy for a Gator who is a probllem child? That was dumb. Nelson could have helped Harvin acclimate to life in New Jersey and as a New Jersey Jet. Maybe Nelson will end up in Seattle. ;)

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Free Gator;n82715 said:
So the Urban Myer national championship teams were led by a real bunch of a holes except for Tebow.

Makes you wonder how much Tebow did to hold together that talented bunch of renegades.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of good, upstanding athletes on those teams. I think it's an insult to group that whole roster as thugs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n82734 said:
There were a lot of good, upstanding athletes on those teams. I think it's an insult to group that whole roster as thugs.

Oh...we had a fair of them though, no doubt. It's not like these kids were using up valuable research dollars. Bring me back some thuggery and swagger. Muschamp's goodie two-shoes crap product sucks. Out of the police blotter and the win column. Awesome.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Harvin had remained 'healthy' his whole time at Florida I think he would have proven himself to be the best pure athlete that we ever had. However, the QB is the most important player and position on the field. Harvin can't change that.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is all a revelation to me. Never realized a big component in your two National Championships suffered from Prima Donna genes. All athletes have egos that need to be fed in their particular pursuit of success and fame. In other words they're all jocks that like to bask in the limelight. The vast majority in team sports are able to blend their skill set and egos with others for the greater good of the team. Rambo's don't win wars, an organized military does. When does an athlete's self centered behavior become a detriment to the team's ability to compete and win?

I"m trying to think of a sports figure that parallels Harvin's story? How abou his new coach, Rex Ryan? Is there any bigger self centered sideshow than Ryan's antics?

How about......
Ryan Leaf
Randy Moss
Brian Bosworth
John Daley
Chad Ochocinco
Terrell Owens
Alex Rodriguez
Allen Iverson
John McEnroe
Sean Avery

Damn, the list is endless.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
After thinking this over for a couple days if Percy can't play for a players coach like Pete Carroll who can he play for? Rex Ryan is also a players coach and if Percy goes to New Jersey and has an impact he may save the coach's and GM's jobs and more importantly Percy may save his own 4 year 41 million dollar contract from being cancelled because he is never going to get another contract like that again.

I do wish Harvin ended up with one of the Florida teams. He could have helped Miami and average Joe Philbin alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.