Holy Moly: Harvin traded to Jets

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n82256 said:
Yeah, most (not all) believe it or not. They have Buffalo twice, Miami twice, Minn, Tenn, KC, Pitt and NE. With Harvin and how they played last night they will be favored in most of these games.

Maybe so. Buffalo twice, Tennessee, KC and Minnesota. Never realized they had that easy a schedule. They will go down in flames to Miami, Pittsburgh and New England..

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n82234 said:
How about the Super Bowl, where he should have won MVP? :crazy:
He had 3 TDs called back in a game the other day. Those people are brain dead.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n82253 said:
Did you say it makes them the favorites in their remaining games....with Geno Smith as quarterback and Rex Ryan as Head Roach...I mean Coach? :) Good luck on that.
Rex Ryan might even be a worse coach than the chump.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Alvin York;n82259 said:
Maybe so. Buffalo twice, Tennessee, KC and Minnesota. Never realized they had that easy a schedule. They will go down in flames to Miami, Pittsburgh and New England..
Miami? What makes you think they are any good. Even Pittsburgh kind of sucks this year. NE lost Ridley and Mayo for the year and don't have any legit WR. I think the Jets could win most of their remaining game, probably enough for them to keep loudmouth Ryan another year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks for Percy, to be going to such losers with a bone headed coach. Hopefully in a game or two when the Jets accept they won't make the playoffs that they will turn around and trade him to a contender for a higher draft choice.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Russell Wilson's new contract price will require cap space. Removal of Percy's cost is needed.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
He must have really sh!t the bed out there. They traded a 1st and 3rd round pick to get him and then sign him to huge contract - not guaranteed after next year - and they're only getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return?

Tough to believe no one else would pay more (Browns, Jax, NE, Fins, etc) than the Jets did unless there was a lot of "noise in the system."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks for Percy. Could you imagine your career wasting away with geno Smith as your qb? I hate the jets they ended tebows career and now they're going to take away Percy' s best years

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is that you are what you produce not what you could produce if you weren't high or injured all the time. Potential is just an excuse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n82342 said:
The fact is that you are what you produce not what you could produce if you weren't high or injured all the time. Potential is just an excuse.
He produced when he had Brett Favre throwing him the ball.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is purely a cap decision. He is a 7.1mill cap hit this year and 10.5 next year without the production to match such a hit.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From what I read he's continued to cause all kinds of crap. Supposedly gave Golden Tate a black eye last year and got into it with Wilson to the point that "the coaches felt worried for Wilson's safety." Just continues his long line of anger issues.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wilson is overrated. There I said it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is that Seattle probably had 3 or 4 reasons to trade him. He's never been a team player, he's often hurt/double secret probation, anger issues, cap/money issues, and they don't really need him. Potential is thru the roof, but I doubt he ever reaches it unless he goes to NE and buys in, and i don't see that.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
This is one of the most confounding trades I have ever heard in any sport. Unless Percy had issues in Seattle this is a disastrous trade for them trying to defend their super bowl title. No Harvin and no Golden Tate means no Super Bowl. I mean did anyone see Russell Wilson play against Dallas? He was ordinary. I know it was only 1 game but WTF Seattle. Puzzling. Odd. Crazy. Percy is good in big games. He is a better big game player than an every game player and that's been proven since his college days. He is not a numbers guy. Seattle's defense has slipped a bit since last year too. Their offense has slipped too and Lynch isn't as good as last year. They are in some trouble and this trade doesn't help anything but their salary cap for next season. But why the Jets? Certainly a contender in the AFC would have given Seattle more than just a conditional draft pick. Wow. Just wow. I just saw this news online and came here. Stunned. This was a very stupid trade by a very smart team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Russell Wilson isn't that much above average. He's mobile he throws a good deep ball and he doesn't turn it over. But he's not going to sit back and pick teams apart like Andrew luck.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
So I hear it;'s a business decision for Seattle. LMAO this was a stupid trade by a smart organization. They have a super bowl to defend. Sure they discard themselves of Percy's contract but he is good in big games and after losing Golden Tate to the Lions they now trade Harvin and their offense lacks talent. And the Beast isn't the Beast this season. Nor is their defense great like last year. Good business decision but a bad trade.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like Harvin, but there is no argument you can make that proves he is worth the 10.5mil cap hit he was going to be next year. This is especially true with some of the big names they have to sign in the next couple of years. They'll need that 10 million. I know a couple of places have reported Wilson was part of the reason Harvin is gine as Wilson wanted him out of Seattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.