Holy Moly: Harvin traded to Jets

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It is a shame that his maturity has not improved. I agree they were foolish to give him a big contract. He is a punt returner as far as I am concerned. Fewer plays and every one potentially a big one. In addition some special plays including perhaps a wildcat package to pull out in special circumstances. Nothing overcomes a bad attitude and creating problems with your team mates.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n82515 said:
Harvin fought teammates, refused to go into game last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-on-sunday/

I can't believe this guy still acts like this. Grow up, Percy.

Well if he was fighting there, I can't imagine it's going to get any better with the Jets :lol:

Also, I was under the impression that smoking pot made you less aggressive, not more aggressive :stickpoke:Navet :popcorn:

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The answer is the Seahawks were tired of Harvin's act, several sources have confirmed. The bottom line: He was more trouble than he's worth.

Harvin played in only one regular-season game last year after undergoing hip surgery. He has played in every game this year but continues to have nagging injury issues that cause him to miss or skip practice.

One team source also said Harvin had confrontations with teammates and dealt with anger issues.

It's not like the Seahawks didn't know Harvin had issues. One confrontation he had while playing for the Minnesota Vikings happened in a game in Seattle on Nov. 4, 2012. Harvin had a heated argument on the sidelines with Vikings coach Leslie Frazier that was shown on television.

That was the last game Harvin played for the Vikings, as he was placed on injured reserve afterward with an ankle problem. Four months later he was traded to Seattle for first- and seventh-round draft picks in 2013 and a third-round pick in 2014. So the Seahawks paid him $18.3 million the last two seasons and gave up three draft picks -- for a guy who played eight games for them.

Seahawks radio broadcaster and former quarterback Warren Moon talked about Harvin on 1090-AM radio in Seattle on Friday.

“Chemistry on any team is very important,” Moon said. “I think in some ways Percy upset that chemistry.”

So despite his enormous talent, the Seahawks believe they are better served to move on without him and move up young players they want to give a shot.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n82519 said:
Well if he was fighting there, I can't imagine it's going to get any better with the Jets :lol:

Also, I was under the impression that smoking pot made you less aggressive, not more aggressive :stickpoke:Navet :popcorn:

It's doing without your weed after being used to using regularly that can cause withdrawal symptoms similar to quitting smoking tobacco. ie irritability, depression, jitters. The withdrawal symptoms are actually less severe than tobacco withdrawal. I think Percy's aggression issues are related to his migraine headaches, or whatever causes them. Not weed. That's just my guess though. Weed rarely causes aggression in users unless it's mixed with alcohol. Then again, alcohol alone is very well known to cause aggression and weed won't counter the alcohol, only intensify it.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
oxrageous;n82515 said:
Harvin fought teammates, refused to go into game last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-on-sunday/

I can't believe this guy still acts like this. Grow up, Percy.

Reading that was dissapointing. Now the trade makes more sense. But it still hurts the Seahawks chances to repeat. That is undeniable. Percy may be a dick and a douche but he is clutch in big games. He changed the super bowl against Denver with that end around early in the game. It shook the Broncos up. Then Harvin put the super bowl on ice with his kickoff return for a TD to start the second half. And we know what he did against Oklahoma in the national championship game. He was the best player on the field in that game and he played hurt.

I did grow up a Jets fan but they ruined all that when then buried Tebow. Should I root for them again now that they have Percy? Probably not. That coach needs to go.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n82551 said:
Originally posted by MatthewM.
Fact: Harvin was a better and more important player at UF than Tebow. Cue Ox crying.

No he wasn't.

No way! Percy was huge for UF but Leak and Tebow fed him the ball.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Harvin in NY with Rex Ryan? This is going to get interesting. Now that's one HC I would love to see Percy go off on.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
TN G8tr;n82582 said:
Harvin in NY with Rex Ryan? This is going to get interesting. Now that's one HC I would love to see Percy go off on.

So you're encouraging him to continue his bad behavior and run himself out of the league for your amusement.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n82582 said:

Everyone knows Percy has quick feet.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator