Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
But you cant hold a coach to a standard based on a team just checking out the year before with the coach fired mid-season.

Though I actually could live with another season that bad the first year if we were killing it in recruiting.
What you do is give a new coach a fair chance to get started when following a coach who was a lazy recruiter, talent developer and just lost 7 games.

Plus Mullen had one of the best transition recruiting classes in UF history and the 2019 class does not count till they sign.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you are waiting for the 2020 class, he is already fired. He walked in knowing the situation. You know you get three years to start to show real progress. The whole establishing relationships has been played out for the last decade. Where you not the one trouting how Mullen is the best recruiting head coach by this transitional class? That means either he isn't or he isn't. If he is, we will be in the top 5, if he isn't be better update his assistant coaches promptly because if we get more of what we have seen thus far, we will be coach shopping again at the end of 2020.
You forgot to mention his salary. Must have missed that when you were going down your checklist.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot to mention his salary. Must have missed that when you were going down your checklist.
We gotta find a coach that we can hire at the exact right salary to please everyone. Too high and you get Dougie claiming the administration is touting him as the next Belichick. Too low and you have Law claiming we shopped at the dollar store. :lol:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Feel free to stick with your biased emotions related to what you feel will happen as all that is relevant to you.

I'll stick to the facts on what has already happened and what the unbiased draft experts are saying on the UK players. That UK RB and LB looked very good.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We gotta find a coach that we can hire at the exact right salary to please everyone. Too high and you get Dougie claiming the administration is touting him as the next Belichick. Too low and you have Law claiming we shopped at the dollar store. :lol:
How about a dude that agrees to get paid on a weighted per win basis. You beat an FCS team you make 10k that week. Beat an SEC team, get 100k, beat a ranked team get 500k that week. A true performance based salary. I bet Les Miles is crazy enough to,give it a go.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The only time we should complain about salaries are if they are too low to keep good coaches...or extensions to god awful coaches for sucking like chump and butters

Rtygators1

Sep 8, 2018
I'm not sure how good Mullen will end up being at Florida as neither do any of you. For those of you that are so sure he will fail, please let me borrow your crystal ball so I can get some running lotto numbers. Our program started the downward spiral the year after Mullen left. Maybe that was just coincidence, maybe not. I think it will take a year or two before you stay to see recruiting take a top ten class. The top players want to see improvement and a chance to win big. Our offensive line, generally weak team and QB will mask us from seeing real progress this year. The problems this team has takes longer than a few months and a few practices to fix. Muschamp never recruited offense and we can thank him for the horrors we see in the offensive line. Remember macs' first spring, he literally begged students to come tryout for the team. There were like 6 scholarship o linemen. Then he failed to develop any of our players at any position. The last thing I will say is that it is nice to have a coach that understands what florida was and can be again and more importantly that genuinely wants to be here. The last 3-4 hires never intended to be here for any length of time. It was a job for them... plain and simple. A great job and great opportunity but not their dream job. I could be wrong but Mullen honestly seems to want to be here.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I'm not sure how good Mullen will end up being at Florida as neither do any of you. For those of you that are so sure he will fail, please let me borrow your crystal ball so I can get some running lotto numbers. Our program started the downward spiral the year after Mullen left. Maybe that was just coincidence, maybe not. I think it will take a year or two before you stay to see recruiting take a top ten class. The top players want to see improvement and a chance to win big. Our offensive line, generally weak team and QB will mask us from seeing real progress this year. The problems this team has takes longer than a few months and a few practices to fix. Muschamp never recruited offense and we can thank him for the horrors we see in the offensive line. Remember macs' first spring, he literally begged students to come tryout for the team. There were like 6 scholarship o linemen. Then he failed to develop any of our players at any position. The last thing I will say is that it is nice to have a coach that understands what florida was and can be again and more importantly that genuinely wants to be here. The last 3-4 hires never intended to be here for any length of time. It was a job for them... plain and simple. A great job and great opportunity but not their dream job. I could be wrong but Mullen honestly seems to want to be here.
Common sense like yours is uncommon.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
5CAC9FF6-1BF5-4D12-8C50-A444381F90AC.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I expected Kentucky to come out like it was their Super Bowl and to have an advantage of long years in their system. They did.

I expected the Gators to come out fired up for their first SEC game, at home and wanting to prove last year’s game was a fluke. It’s inexplicable to me, but they came out too flat and unable to answer Kentucky’s punches.

They won’t be able to beat anyone unless they get that resolved.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I sure as fvkk don't want you coming back with a Dollar Store loser for whom you paid Urban Leyer money.

JFC.

How do we find these fvkking ADs?

If you want to throw six mil at someone, make it someone who has won a championship somewhere, AT LEAST IN THE MAC. WTF are you doing throwing 6 mil at a 33-40 coach?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure how good Mullen will end up being at Florida as neither do any of you. For those of you that are so sure he will fail, please let me borrow your crystal ball so I can get some running lotto numbers. Our program started the downward spiral the year after Mullen left.
Actually, it started before that. When the top receivers started going to Clemm's son and the RBs and OL started going to Bammer. And we were left with the Deonte Thompson, Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey smurfathon. And when Daz decided one should only sign two linemen, both low 3 star projects from the northeast.

The reason we had six OL? Because Urban and Chimp took three cl asses with 2 OL each. Unacceptable. Where were the grownups overseeing the program? Out to lunch. Do you have to be a HBC to know this was insane? No. Was 4-8 a surprise? Only if you were a moron.

Then Butters' mid 15-20 classes, chock full of diamonds with criminal histories no one wanted or shyt we stole from FIU, FAU and Southwest Houston Technical Barber College? Surprised we went 4-7? Only if you were a moron.

You think things are going to get better with Mullinz doing the same thing? :lmao2:

I think it will take a year or two before you stay to see recruiting take a top ten class.
He won't make it that long and they won't come regardless.

None of the top WRs or RBs want to come and watch the QB be the leading rusher and throw for 150-200 yards.

Two games in with our backfield (which is at least high average to good), the leading rusher for this team is...... you guessed it Feleipe Franks. How could anyone predict this?

The last 3-4 hires never intended to be here for any length of time. It was a job for them... plain and simple. A great job and great opportunity but not their dream job. I could be wrong but Mullen honestly seems to want to be here.
I think you are right, but I think Chimp was the same. Unfortunately neither are anything more than an averagish coordinator without the tools to lead a team to championships.

Last edited:

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Well, I sure as fvkk don't want you coming back with a Dollar Store loser for whom you paid Urban Leyer money.

JFC.

If you want to throw six mil at someone, make it someone who has won a championship somewhere, AT LEAST IN THE MAC. WTF are you doing throwing 6 mil at a 33-40 coach?

CoachMoses.gif

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

JFC.

All criticism.

You sure can criticize but who wanted to coach at UF last year that you would hire? Remember that coaches don't want to come here because of fans like you who won't give them a chance to get started.

So who should we have hired instead of Mullen?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong again. You donkey and lagator don't give a coach a fair chance to get started.

With no fair chance then how does a new coach get started? If the ADs listened to you we would be in permanent failure.

I give them a fair chance then if they fail then I call them to task.
So do the ADs listen to them or don't they? Bc just a few posts earlier you said that the reason we suck is bc of fans like NV and law. So clearly they control what happens and what decisions the AD makes. Except they don't, bc if they did we damn sure wouldn't have hired mullen. Matter of fact nv and law detest mullen to the point that its proof positive fans like them have absolutely ZERO effect on the ADs decisions.

Just give it a rest with this "it's the fans fault." garbage. :rolleyes:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So do the ADs listen to them or don't they? Bc just a few posts earlier you said that the reason we suck is bc of fans like NV and law. So clearly they control what happens and what decisions the AD makes. Except they don't, bc if they did we damn sure wouldn't have hired mullen. Matter of fact nv and law detest mullen to the point that its proof positive fans like them have absolutely ZERO effect on the ADs decisions.

Just give it a rest with this "it's the fans fault." garbage. :rolleyes:
Shhhhh. You’re confusing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.